STUNNING! Private Chalet Retreat for Vacation Rental or Scrapbooking Weekend
About Nancy Beckman
Hello! I grew up in rural Kansas, the youngest daughter of a loving midwestern family on a sprawling 10,000 acre farming corporation. I grew up loving nature, art and business (which I got from my Dad). My favorite vacations have always been at the beach, lakes and mountains -- and my best times by far were renting beautiful homes versus stodgy, confining hotel rooms! For the past 20 years, one of my dreams was to have a beautiful mountain chalet - and share it with other like-minded souls who value the same things as me: luxury, scenery, serenity, great friends, artistic hobbies and making memories. My work as a global marketing executive/consultant, graphic designer and entrepreneur has provided me an opportunity to invest in my dreams, and this chalet is one of them. Welcome to my dream! I sincerely hope that it brings you as much joy as it has brought to my family and friends from all over the world.
Nancy Beckman purchased this Chalet in 2011
Why Nancy Beckman chose Front Royal
I custom-designed every inch of Sunset Ridge chalet and hand-picked the location on the western ridge of Blue Mountain, in the Blue Ridge Mountain range. Hopefully that attention-to-detail shows in big ways - and small ways. The views astonished even me, since the property was dense trees when I bought it. Much to my amazement, there are 180 degree views of mountains and the Shenandoah Valley, and even two glimpses of the shimmering Shenandoah River. I love sharing the experience of being at the chalet with others and have faith that you will treat this beautiful home with loving care! Even the bluebirds love it here!
What makes this Chalet unique
If you are into crafts, you know how HARD it is to find a nice vacation retreat that has A) nice accommodations, B) a convenient location, C) luxury and D) a nice crafting area with views! Then, add to the challenge that the best places are booked a year in advance! I wanted to offer the best of all worlds. I hope you agree that Sunset Ridge IS the scrapbooking retreat you have always dreamed of! Furnishings and beds are very comfortable - you can't have a great time if your back hurts (and we have all had that experience on vacation, right?)! And the walking ramp eliminates the need to get your supplies up and down stairs.
Pool / Spa
Children not allowed
Max guests: 10
Minimum age of primary renter: 28
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
This is the 3rd year my friends and I have rented a 4 day weekend in March for scrapbooking. Nancy’s house is awesome and the views of the mountains are beautiful from the huge windows. The house is clean and the kitchen has everything you need for cooking your meals. The hot tub is very will maintained and clean and we enjoyed that at night looking at the beautiful mountain scenery. This is a great place to relax and enjoy your friends and family.
Thank you, thank you. It is always a pleasure to have you as guests and even all the way from Pennsylvania. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.
We had tried to get an opening here for a while. I see why it’s so popular. It’s has everything. A fully stocked kitchen to the margarita maker. Let’s not forget the view and hot tub. We also took advantage of a massage therapist coming out to the cabin and this was icing on the cake. Highly recommend! Can’t wait to go back.
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I appreciate it very much, and it looks like you leveraged all that the chalet has to offer. i am thrilled.
Tree House Scrap
Nice location, beautiful views, sleeps 8 comfortably, crafting space better for 8, house is well stocked, and ramp to downstairs is a little steep but expected for the location.
We had a great time and would rent again.
This is our 3rd year staying at the chalet. It is always a pleasant experience. Fully stocked kitchen, good lighting, etc.
Hi Dawn, thanks for the review. Speaking of lighting, we have replaced the LED bulbs in the craft room track lighting, so now it is even brighter! Your group is welcome anytime. Thanks for being a regular! Regards, Nancy
Wonderful girls weekend
We just left this beautiful home yesterday. What great views from a comfortable home. Cozy family room seating was made even better with the Christmas decorations and the glow of the fire after a gorgeous sunset! And the crafting space was awesome! Looking out over the valley was so peaceful. We enjoyed scrapbooking together with an option to curl up with a book (or kindle) on the couch. We enjoyed happy hour (loving the margarita machine!) and meals in the kitchen/dining room. The sleeping accommodations worked well for 10 and the beds were very comfortable. A wonderful weekend. Well worth the 3+ hour trip! Will definitely look at returning in the future.
Thanks so much Cheryl for your kind words. I am so very appreciative! I custom designed the chalet to bring joy to people, and it warms my heart when I see that my cozy little mountain dreamhouse has accomplished its goal!
Ten Vacations In One!
GREAT OPTIONS FOR CRAFTING SCRAPBOOKING, LADIE'S GETAWAY, OR FRIENDS.
Nestled between the quaint historic towns of Front Royal and Middleburg, VA, the location provides endless possibilities for activities and entertainment -- all within just minutes:
1. Crafts!! - the chalet is customized with ten top-of-the-line craft stations, each with 5' table, OTT light, comfortable task seating, table mat, cup holder, scrap bag, and wastebasket.
2. Water Sports - enjoy river rafting, canoeing, tubing and swimming on the famous Shenandoah River. Check out the (EMAIL HIDDEN) Plus Shenandoah River National Park offers amazing views and facilities within 20 minutes... picnic along the river, launch a private boat or canoe, and even hop in for a swim.
3. Exploring - explore Luray and Skyline caverns, tour the unforgettable Skyline drive outlining the Shenandoah National Park or visit famous historic Civil War markers and participate in a live re-enactment. And we offer a few unique experiences too, like visiting an Alpaca Farm or even Whiskey, Rum or Lemoncello Distilleries.
4. Vineyards - soothe your spirit with fabulous wines while enjoying inspiring mountain views. There are about 10 vineyards within 15-30 minutes.
5. Golf - unwind on one of the four 18-hole golf courses. Some courses offer expansive views of both the Shenandoah River and mountain range.
6. Hiking - casual and serious hikers alike will appreciate the awe-inspiring Appalachian Hiking Trail and nearby climbing.
7. Antiquing - discover a rare treasure in one of the most acclaimed antiquing areas along the East Coast.
8. Fishing - reel in a trophy size bass or trout from the famed Shenandoah River - perfect for serious anglers or a fun day with the family.
9. Horse Events - spend a sunny afternoon at a fox hunt, point-to-point race, or world-class equestrian competition. Or enjoy your own horse-back ride through the beautiful rolling mountain vistas. Even try your luck at the nearby Charlestown, WV horse races and casino.
10. Concerts - Nearby Hollywood Casino and Event Center hosts some great name bands at a great price and a short 35 minutes drive.