Authentic Mountain Log Cabin Perched on a Cliff Side Above the Shenandoah River(35 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
One Bedroom With A Small Full Bath With A Shower & Tub
Cozy cabin is located on a gated private gravel driveway which is 7 miles from Front Royal, VA. The cabin is three miles from the Shenandoah State Park and five miles from the northern entrance of the Skyline Drive of the Shenandoah National Park. Many of our guests enjoy local hiking, fishing, canoeing, and mountain biking and wine tasting at one of the thirty wineries within 30 miles of the cabin.
• Firewood provided from Sept 1 to April 1
• Week rentals can not be Saturday to Saturday
• Three night requirement for following holiday weekends: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Columbus Day) Unless previously confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Please note, outside camping is not allowed without written approval from the property manager
* Maximum number of overnight guests on the property is 4 people.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- small full bath with a shower & tub
- Front Royal, Warren County and the surrounding area are rich in history and natural beauty and offer many unique and varied year round recreational and leisure activities sure to satisfy our visitors. It is also known as the Canoe Capital of Virginia. thanks in part to the 39 miles of scenic waterways better known as the North and South forks of the Shenandoah River that meet just west of the town of Front Royal, and the main river that continues toward Clarke County, northward. In Warren County the river offers calm waters for a leisurely canoe ride and rapids ideal for kayaking. Boating, rafting and tubing also are popular. Please note, outside camping is NOT allowed on the property. The maximum number of overnight guests on the property is 4 people. We do NOT allow parties on the property with outside guests without written approval from the property manager. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Pet Fee $35
- Linen & towel rentals $30 + tax
- Tax Rate 7.3%
• Pets friendly-additional deposit may be required: $15.00/pet/ night
Please note, outside camping is NOT allowed on the property. In addition, the maximum number of overnight guests on the property is 6 people. We do NOT allow parties with outside guests on the property without written permission from the property manager.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2009
About: Our cabin was built by my great uncle back in 1934, which we renovated back in 2009. We have been able to share this special place with 100's of guests over the past years
Why Front Royal, VA, USA:
Location, location, Location- Our cabin is the perfect home base for all your outdoor activities and adventures in the Shenandoah Valley. Our log cabin is secluded and built on a 100 foot cliff above the Shenandoah River with 35 acres of privacy. The Shenandoah River State Park and the Skyline Drive northern entrance are both only a ten minutes drive. The newly built Canopy Tours zip line was just open in the summer of 2014 which takes over 3 hour to complete. If you’re more interested in water activities; swimming, fishing or boating is all just a walk or 10 minute ride. There are three boating companies in the area which offer numerous options for floating down the river. Did someone say wine tasting? There are over 30 wineries within 30 minutes of our cabin with new ones opening every year. We hope you will choose our home base for a memorable getaway.
- Primary: 8042406723
- Secondary: +1 8047540106
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Deck
Wood burning fireplace
Cozy bedroom with queen size bed
Pathway to the river
Kitchen door to the brick patio
Steps down to river
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.