Villa Maria Pia on 30 Mt on the Sea ,(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Villa MariaPia has in total 4+1 bedrooms, 3 bathroom, 2or1 kitchen, sleeps 12
Christmas in Praiano: The Christmas in Coastal Amalfitana is fantastic there are very beautiful demonstrations to Positano, Amalfi, Ravello
Every year, since 1606, Praiano inhabitants used to decorate its balconies, terraces, gardens with lighting system composed by wax and oil. This custom handed from 1599, when Dominican Monks came to the Monastery of Santa Maria a Castro, placed on the hill above Praiano.“Luminaria” is an Event which comes true every year from August 1st to August 4th to celebrate San Domenico.On August 4th , very early in the morning (the first Mass is at 6.30 am), Praiano celebrates San Domenico’s Festival.“Luminaria” has a particular meaning: Domenico’s Mother, before giving him birth, she dreamed a dog with a torch in his mouth to burn the world. So when Domenico was born he had to diffuse “God’s word all over the world”.
Garden and the Saracen Towers: In the villa there are beautiful garden with secular trees
Near the villa there is a famous 'Towel Suppraiano' the tower of Praiano that witnesses the villa was built for stopping the Saracen invasions around 1500 after cristo.'Grotte Incantate' (enchanted grottoes) This time the audience will be able to experience the emotion of a concert in a sea grotto( Around last Week of August). Swim along the bay of Praiano, discovering the wonderful marine grottoes of Suppraiano,Le Grotticelle,Fontana Dell'altare, and Il Forno.. Instructors from the association swimtrekking will accompany you on a swimming visit of the coastline to arrive at the grotto where the concert will be held.On the occasion of the visit to the path of the gods or to assist to the concerts is possible to effect an excursion with Guides. an other interesting event is white night in Praiano that realizes it around the 10th of August.
shopping and restaurants: Below the mountain called St. Angelo a Tre Pizzi which stands 364 m, there is a church dedicated to St. Maria a Castro surrounded by some wonderful flora and fauna that is so typical in these mountain areas and this is also where the monastery of St. Domenico is situated. From this magnificent place you can admire a breathtaking view overlooking Vettica Maggiore, Positano, Li Galli and Capri’s island.
The first official document regarding this place is dated 1599, a document of Naples University that allowed the monks to build the monastery.
The interior structure is composed of two levels, on the first one there are four cells and a kitchen, on the ground floor an oven and cistern.
In the inside church there are many paintings. On the walls on the left nave there is one dating back to 1430 called Madonna delle Grazie, and recently removed sections of the wall allow most part of work to be seen.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2006
- 16 m²
- Elevator : till 25 step from the entrance of the Villa
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 8-14
- King size beds (1) in the room of the villa B there and a stely bed in very ancient beaten iron, Queen size Beds (4) the most of beds are in this size, Twin or Single Beds (2) It's possible add the single bed if required, Child Beds (1) we can arrange in same room same other bed for one more pleace to sleep., Baby Cribs (1) It's possible add baby crib...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 16 people
- Air Conditioning
- Computer Available:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Jetted Tub
- Housekeeper Included
Villa Maria Pia units A or B Euros 1200,00 low season from 21st march till 30 May Villa Maria Pia units A or B Euros 1.600,00 medium season month June and Septembe Villa Maria Pia units A or B Euros 1.800,00 hight season is JUly and August Villa Maria Pia units A or B Euros 1200,00 low season from 1st October and Novembe the price are for eahc unit means two not for entire villa
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 8 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
In Praiano 'Heart of the Amalfi Coast' between Positano and Amalfi is located Villa MariaPia in a unique scenery of exceptional beauty, ideal for guests who love the sun, the sea and the hills that encircle.
From the summit of these hills, along the Path of the Gods, you can see all the countries of the Amalfi Coast as Montepertuso, Positano, Praiano, Conca dei Marini, Amalfi, and its 300 meters high above sea level , is Ravello with its ancient and beautiful villas Cimbrone and Rufolo, known and admired throughout the world that offers tourists a breathtaking view where you can admire Maiori, Minori and the Gulf of Salerno.
Villa Maria Pia has a personal wharf where by boat, you can reach Capri, Li Galli Island, called the island of the Sirens, The Smeraldo grotto, famous for its crystal clear green water, and other villages of the amalfitan coast.
We can also organize excursions from our hotel, by bus or limousine, to Paestum, Pompei, Ercolano, Sorrento, Vietri Sul Mare and all the beautiful villages in Amalfitan coast.
We have up the Villa the public transport stop, the number of our stop is 10, in Praiano.
Villa Maria Pia is very close to the beach of Praiano, which is easy to reach by walking from the visitor along a path that runs along the sea. Along the path is the famous 'Torre a Mare' of medieval origin. Today Marina di Praia is a popular seaside town, joined by thousands of hikers due to its characteristic position between two tall cliffs where the guest can also find delicious local snack to eat fresh fish just caught by local fishermen, visitors will also find bars and small beach resorts with sun beds and umbrellas.
We can book for our guest wellness center all kind of massage out or inside the villa.
We can organize cook at home on request for lunch - dinner or both .
Our guest can also learn our culinary traditions thanks to cooking school day.
Our guest can rent a scooter with included service of delivery and collection directly to the garage of the villa.
We have a private parking just up the villa to road level, with automatic opening and closing (you will pay € 10 low season or euro 15 high season per day for each car + 5 euro more for big van).
We have the lift from the our private parking till living lounge bar and buffet breakfast room, from here you have 110 steps for to reach our wharf on the sea, where you can take a swim and enjoy the beautiful cave that we have a few meter from the ladder.
Year Purchased: 1950
About the owner: I Vincenzo Cuomo , the son of the owners, I witnessed the creation from nothing of this place fascinating and charming for the holidays, thanks to the enormous sacrifices of my parents, who are deprived of many things in their lives : ' My father worked as a machinist on large commercial ships , sacrificing the affections of the family and this has allowed us to build a piece at a time, this fantastic property . My mother had the patience to stay without my father , because of the distance. the management of the villa was and is done at the household level , and my brother who helped build it , dealing with the maintenance of the structure. While I was helping technically the project undertaken by my family I became a deck officer in the Merchant Marine , now with the title of Captain, after many difficulties I hope eventually to be able to devote myself entirely to tourism activity that we have created . All together we go ' Today ' to realize our dream of seeing , grow this company to offer our visitors a wonderful memory of this piece of paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Praiano SA, Italy:
villa Maria Pia literally plunges you in the sea in tuning with the horizon that transmits serenity, relaxation, the terrace is marvelous to catch the sun, the enchanting natural cave can be visited really under the villa, attainable to swimming. our complete availability to resolve as far as possible your applications.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
1) we have the possibility to organize the transfer from the airport to the villa with our vehicles that are beautiful vans and also from the station of the trains in Naples. 2) we have a free service of car with a supermarket, which comes to directly pick up our guests to the villa and to bring them to the supermarket without obligations of purchases. 3) for any emergency we have a physician ready professional to intervene for every necessity of health. 4) we have a convention with two societies for transports sea for daily excursions along the coast or it transports for destinations predetermined Capri, Positano etc. they can directly embark our guest under our villa. Besides some restaurants on the sea they have a boat devoted that they come to directly pick up the tourists under our villa and then it brings back them. 5) for any help you can call us trough our intercom and we arrive in few minutes. 6) we have brochures that is furnished us from the office information tourist of Praiano that we leave in the apartments for consultation to our clients, with all the traditional demonstrations of the Amalfitana Coast. 7)we have the possibility to connect to internet through system wi-fi. 8) we have the elevator from the parking lot from level road up to 25 stairs from the villa. 9) we have besides really near to the villa the stop of the public (bus) vehicles. For any doubt not hesitate to ask us 10) manicure and pedicure and fingernails reconstruction.
- Primary: ++39 (0)89 9840032 x ITALY from 07.30 a.m. - 10.30p.m.-from april to october
- Secondary: ++39 334 1331431 Booking Office - Always
- Tertiary: +39 3495893982 Booking Office from October 2014 to Marzo 2015
- Fax: +39 0899840035 Always
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Grotto under Villa
bar Villa MariaPia
terraces of Villa MariaPia
Villa MariaPia and anciant tower from sea view
grotto under the villa
Villa Maria Pia in Praiano
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 80%
- Calendar last updated 06/19/2016
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.