RIVER HOME on 220 ft shoreline, 7 Bedrooms. 3 Baths, Sleeps up to 25,
Elyse & Jim Osborne
About Elyse & Jim Osborne
Owners, Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased the home for fun family vacations on the ROCK RIVER & Lake Koshkonong! Enthusiasm spread from family, friends, co-workers! With so much interest it was decided to offer it as a vacation rental home for all to enjoy! Meeting new guests & returning guests make it so rewarding! Income helps continually improve the home, the grounds and all its amenities! Designed, Built & Furnished w/ quality!
Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased this Cabin in 2003
Why Elyse & Jim Osborne chose Edgerton
One of the largest waterfronts around at 220' with a great view, acre lot with mature oak shade trees and access to 8 miles of Rock River perfect for All Water Sports! River leads to one of the largest lakes in WI. Lake Koshkonong! Anchor Inn Restaurant & several others make a fun progressive dining adventure! This Sprawling Large home in Edgerton, Wisconsin offer a comfortable setting in a charming town, with lots of restaurants, supper clubs, shops to drive & boat to! Best attraction is the Rock River & Lake Koshkonong, so many local activities with plenty to do All Year Through . . . on land & water! *See Rock Aqua J's Water Ski Show! Historical Home town of Author Sterling North (Rascal) Visit *Anchor Inn Restaurant 'Rockin the Rock River!' Live Music on unique floating band shelter; Outstanding food, drinks, service, atmosphere! Perfect for boating (we offer Pontoon Boats) tubing, swimming, wave runners, Water sports, Fishing, relaxing, camp fires, biking, hiking, shopping, dining, even camping bring a tent! Winter activities, abundant snowmobile & ice fishing galore too!
What makes this Cabin unique
An acre of Gorgeous Waterfront Property, this sprawling home offers rustic Wisconsin charm with all the comforts of a contemporary home. Stunning views, lots of space w/ 19 beds, 3 full bathrooms (one on each level), large playground & riding toys! Jump off the 45' pier / collect tiny sea shells on this beachfront property! Local Central Park & Edgerton Pool, Palmer Park & Pool, and famous Ski Show in Janesville!
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
PRIOR NOTIFICATION TO OWNER BEFORE ADD'L GUESTS!
SMOKING OUTSIDE ONLY!
20 per night per dog/ No cats allow
HUGE playground! Safe sandy beach!
Minimum age of primary renter:26
RENTAL AGREEMENT MUST ME SIGNED&MAILED UNDER 5 YEARS ARE FREE, NO NEED TO INCLUDE IN YOUR TOTAL. NO ADDITIONAL PARTY HOSTING NO FRAT OR PROM PARTIES
Valid Government ID/DL will be required to be provided by named person on reservation Check-in time firm unless requested and approved 30 days prior.
Maximum Vehicles: 7 cars to be park in the driveway NO CAMPERS - tents only SMALL WEDDINGS ARE ALLOWED (about 25 guests)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Big Birthday Celebration!
We gathered eight adults and five grandchildren to celebrate my husband’s 75th birthday. So many bedrooms! We had ample room to gather together and still enjoy our own space. I contacted Elyse the owner, several times inquiring about what to bring and what activities were close by. She responded quickly each time with tons of suggestions and helpful hints. This is a river property that does Wisconsin proud. We enjoyed both paddle boards and canoes!
This is not a new building, but that is not what we were looking for. It is comfortable, lived in and feels like home.
We look forward to another visit in 2020.
Glad you enjoyed & had a “Great Rock River Vacation”!!!!
An ideal place for a group gathering
If you have a large group, and your main goal is to be with your people, this is an ideal stay. It slept about 15 of us comfortably and had a large main area that naturally brings people together.
The yard is huge, the river was placid, and the weather was perfect (for us). A great weekend overall.
Our biggest negative (because there always is one, and it's important to be honest) was the coffee maker. It was fully functional and they were equipped with a grinder and filters - but it dripped very slowly. This meant it took longer than would be ideal to get through everyone's coffee in the morning. But that's it. Otherwise there are no complaints.
Appreciate your 5 Star Review! Sprawling Rock River Home is Perfect for you! Encourage a text/call while visiting, so we can tend, as We always have Brand New Extras on hand! There’s always two coffee makers! ...already replaced New coffee maker & New Kerug! So bring your Favorite Pods! Gladly welcome you All Year Round! See you next time!
Elyse &Jim Osborne
Nice place for large groups
Overall, the place worked very well for our large group. The listing noted that the owner has a pontoon that could be rented, but this was not the case. I tried to inquire about the pontoon, but instead received multiple replies about going to a rental agency to get one, which was tough on such short notice. It felt like I was communicating to a machine giving automated replies. Please update description so no one else relies on this misleading information regarding the owners having a pontoon.
Glad you enjoyed your Rock River Vacation! Wish we could have known you wanted a boat prior. As we immediately responded to your request for Local Pontoon options just 48hrs in advance of reservation. Locals & Guests find rental options at “Anchor Inn Restaurant”... & in Pewaukee “Pontoons on the Move” both rent & are Favorites! Plus they have Pontoon delivery & pick up offered for convenience! In addition, it’s always a good idea to communicate to owners upon booking or soon after for boat rentals since Rock River Marinas are typically on hand for boating needs..Plus there’s some private charters on Lake Koshkonong & Rock River!
Room for 10
Plenty of beds and rooms for the 10 of us. The large back porch table and kitchen table were perfect for playing cards. Nice big yard gave us plenty of room to play bags and washers. 5-10 min drive from several good restaurants and bars. Ubers are available, just takes a little time to get to you cause most are coming from Janesville. Even with 10 people taking separate showers through out the day thier was always plenty of hot water.
Great getaway weekend
We had a great time, had plenty of room to spread out, both inside and out. This would be an ideal place for a multi-family retreat. Outdoors had it all - Fire pit, playground, shaded porch, grill - all in all a nice setup.
Great Cabin-y Getaway!
We just had a great family getaway at Jim & Elyse's property.
This home is excellent for large families getting together. We had 14 people (ages 7 months to 60-something) and everyone had plenty of elbow room. The river setting was excellent for the kiddos to explore, swim, fish, catch frongs, and play all day and the home set up was ideal for nighttime card games after the kids were in bed.
***One thing to note, these owners do solicit 5-star reviews by offering $100 back on their guests' stays. So please be aware that we did feel a little bit mislead as this, in our opinion, was not a TRUE 5-star property.*** While it was a great stay, it is definitely an older home that could use some work. Lots of the outlets didn't work for baby monitors/charging cell phones. One of the cribs was un-usable because the wires that hold up the mattress were extremely warped. Everything in the backyard looks like it needed to be power-washed, as it was mostly covered with cobwebs. (Swing set, rowboat, picnic tables, etc.)
But if you are looking for a nice getaway with a large group, and are ok with a cabin-y feel, this is definitely a great property!!
Excellent, Five Star guests! Just wish they informed us of concerns during their stay - would have responded immediately. Electrical is all updated - no power issues unless circuit breaker pops - easily reset. Our handyman had recent heart trouble and may have let a couple things slide. We are addressing now.
FEATURED UNIQUE RESTAURANTS & LOCAL ATTRACTIONS:
- Anchor Inn Restaurant, rte 59 Edgerton, *BEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT IN WISCONSIN! . . ALL On A Floating Band Shelter! Outstanding Food & Drinks! Recognized for Lively Atmosphere Music & Dancing on the shore Overlooking the River & Lake! Try their amazing sandwiches, salads, cheese curds, drinks & filled w/cheese, veggies, & topped w/mini brat on their Bloody Mary’s! Festive atmosphere for adults & children w/Playground Tons of Fun for Everyone!
- Riverside Golf Course
- Dockside Dine inside or out on the shore with Tasty menu & live bands Fri & Sat
- Two Brother's Delicious Menu w/ Fun Sports Bar; Excellent Fish! Rated #1 for dining!
- RED BARRON PIZZA Sports Bar Excellent Pizza, Order the House Pizza!
- Beach Club at Lakeview Dining on the Beach or inside, great Beach play area for Kids! Lively Sports Bar!
- Central Park & Pool Edgerton, pack lunch & spend the Day! Play at this Huge Park! "Free Parking & FUN!"
- Palmer Park Playground & Swimming Pool for young children, Janesville. It's free & beautiful! pack a lunch
- Beach Club: Eat in or out on the beach. Live Entertainment outside. Fire pit. Very kid friendly play ground, & swimming w/activities on the beach, bring sand toys, moonwalk . . . gorgeous sunsets! Tie up our / or your Pontoon / Boat for some great food & fun!
- 59 er Mini Golf, GO CART RACING! FUN, FOOD, DRINKS, GAMES. . GO!
- Blue Gillies: Enjoy Lemon Pancakes & fresh Blue Gill breakfast, or lunch w/add’l omelets & options rte 59 Edgerton, Next to Rock River Marina, Anchor Inn, Culver’s
- World’s Largest Culver’s: Dine in or out for excellent views with tasty food! rte 59 Edgerton
- Vintage Pickings rte 59, Find treasures at this "Magnolia Farm style" Flea Market Finds!!!= FUN!
- Norm’s HideAway: Outstanding food, drinks, desert Huge portion ice cream! Fun atmosphere inside & outside w/ live music! Nautical Sports Bar w/ lively atmosphere . . . boat or drive to its a really fun destination!
- Buckhorn Supper Club: Known for good food & Wisconsin charm, dine inside or out on the Lake patio!
- Edgerton Inn Restaurant, rte 51 west on Indianford towards the gorgeous Rock River Dam to this tiny home made breakfast spot for eggs & biscuits & gravy, bring: Fishing poles, Pontoon Boat, Hiking Shoes or Bikes
- Depot Cafe: Amazing food in charming train station cafe! Absolute must for coffee, shakes, breakfast, lunch!
- Two Brother’s Restaurant***** / Sports Bar: Outstanding Friday Fish! Lunch / Dinner / Drinks - indoor w/ seasonal garden seating LOCAL FAVORITE!! BEST FOOD & VALUE! FIVE STARS A MUST!!!!!*****
- Ray’s Family Restaurant: Great food, portions, & value for breakfast, lunch, or dinner & desserts anytime! Tasty, tons of choices, comfortable, friendly! Across from Piggly Wiggly Grocery & Family Dollar rte 51 north Edgerton ...LOCAL FAVORITE BEST VALUE! DELICIOUS GENEROUS PORTIONS, ALWAYS 4 STARS ****
- Kwik Trip Edgerton rte 51 n.: For a Quick hot meal anytime! Also large assortment of great value food & drinks when you are on the go. Hot soups, chili, brats, hot dogs, egg rolls, veggies & dip, salads, fruit, hot & cold drinks
- Palmer Park & Swimming Pool Janesville, Free & bring lunch & snacks, perfect for families & children will enjoy!
- Fat Boys Ribs: Barbecue, sandwiches, take out on rte 51 n. Adorable w/ penny candy to choose from their fishing boat!
- Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show Janesville: Performances & practice twice a week *Multi Award Winning Show! Seasonal in Summer!
- Edgerton Orchard Apple Picking!
- Skelly’s Farm Janesville: Huge Slide! Incredible Mazes! apples, pumpkins, cider, rides . . . Variety of Seasonal Events & Halloween Fun!
- Piggly Wiggly Grocery on 51n. Edgerton. Great beer & wine selection, pre made salads & food; near dollar store, a 8 min drive
Discover several excellent restaurants, supper clubs & pubs within minutes by driving or boating to this outstanding Wisconsin Vacation! . . Relax on the shore at home, enjoy TOYS & GAMES complimentary FREE FIRE WOOD provided with TONS OF EXTRA AMENITIES!
***Enjoy over 220’ of shoreline perfect for *seasonal swimming, boating, fishing, & all water sports & snow sports, sledding, tubing, ice skating, Ice fishing, biking, nature hikes, photography, relaxing on the ROCK RIVER & LAKE KOSHKONONG, WISCONSIN *** EMAIL YOUR DATE OPTIONS & INFO . . WE'LL EMAIL A CONTRACT TO RESERVE!!!