Whether you're looking to relax in a quiet peaceful setting or you are excited to fill your days with water sports and local activities, our home is a great backdrop for your time on Lake Ripley. We are situated on a private road in the Milwaukee Bay section of the lake. The bay is in a "no wake" area and is ideal for fishing, kayaking and paddle boarding right from our private pier. For the swimmers in your party, there is a sandy beach and excellent swimming area at Ripley Park less than two miles away. The park also boasts tennis courts, disc golf, basketball, soccer fields, playground, and a snack shack! If your style is a bit more adventurous and you’re looking to tube and water ski, Lake Ripley is a 420 acre lake with two boat launches; so feel free to bring your boat and dock it at the end of our pier during your stay. Our home has great spaces for entertaining including a finished walkout basement, 2 decks overlooking the lake, a screened in gazebo and a large fire pit down by the lake.
The Main Level:
- Recently remodeled large kitchen with lake views. Well-appointed; perfect for cooking meals
- Large dining table with a view of the lake
- Large sectional sofa in Living Room
- Flat Screen television with cable, chromecast and DVD player
- Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and a set of twin bunk-beds
- Bedroom 2 has two sets of twin bunk-beds
- Mudroom with washer and dryer
- Full bathroom
- Large master bedroom with king bed, private balcony, flat screen television and coffee bar
- Bedroom 4 has a queen bed and a set of twin bunk-beds
- Full bathroom
Lower Level (basement):
- Finished basement perfect for entertaining, game playing, darts, and Wii
- Additional full fridge and freezer for your use.
- Dining/game table
- Large sectional sofa
- Walk out access to yard and lake.
- Walk out from the main level onto the large deck with 6 amazingly comfortable Martha Stewart swivel lounge chairs
- Outdoor dining table and chairs on main deck.
- Screened in gazebo with ceiling fan and flat screen television with chromecast. Gazebo has an outdoor sectional sofa and two chairs-seats 8
- Large slate patio area with fire pit - perfect for s'mores
- 2 kayaks, 2 paddle-boards, fishing equipment and a pedal boat for your use during your stay.
- Floats and sand toys to take along with you to the public beach which has a large sandy area for kids to play.
- Home was renovated in 2016/2017.
- New mattresses and bedding
- Completely air conditioned
- Gas fireplace in living room area
- Cable and WiFi/high-speed internet included
- Water coolers in kitchen and upstairs foyer
- Linens, towels (both bath and beach) included
- Parking for up to 6 vehicles
- Charcoal grill
More about our house and the area:
Lake Ripley is a wonderful place to make memories and get away from it all. If you enjoy fishing or going out on a kayak, pedal-boat or paddle boards, our no wake Milwaukee Bay is perfect for you. Don’t be surprised if you see deer, turtles, cranes and more as you troll around this section of the lake. Fun Fact: the state-record bass was caught on Lake Ripley.
During your stay, get out on the lake, visit the park, head into town or take advantage of the local trails. Take the kids (or grandma if she’s game) skiing or tubing. Stop over at the Lake Ripley Park and enjoy its public beach with great swimming, tennis, snack bar and a playground for the kids. Visit the town of Cambridge, home of Rowe Pottery. You are on vacation so buy a few items at the charming shops in town and have a glass of wine or drink a beer at one of the local restaurants/bars, Cambridge Winery or Bourbon Distillery (It’s 5 O’clock somewhere).
Enjoy a scenic hike or biking on the trails within CamRock County Park. Bike rentals are available from the local Cambridge bike store in town. For those seeking to explore outside of Cambridge, additional restaurants and shopping in Fort Atkinson and Lake Mills are a short 15 min drive. The Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Mall is 25 minutes away and downtown Madison is a 35 min drive.
Sportsmen will appreciate the Milford Hills Hunting Club. Located 25 minutes away, it’s an easy drive to one of the Midwest's premier hunt clubs and wing-shooting destinations. The water parks and Ho Chunk Casino in the Wisconsin Dells are an hour away.
At night, you can roast s’mores around our fire pit, hit the drive-in movie theater or watch a demolition derby and stock car races at the Jefferson County Speedway. If the bugs get bad late night, head inside our screened in gazebo.
Rest and relax, have an adventure or do a little bit of both. We hope you make many memories and enjoy your stay at our lake house on Lake Ripley in Cambridge!