DECEMBER SALE! The largest vacation home in the Historic Downtown area, Capitol Casa is located on a quiet residential street close to everything--less than a 5-minute walk to the Plaza and Canyon Road. Historic 1920's adobe home with fresh furnishings, fine linens, original art and neat antiques in cohesive, tasteful decor reflecting the region. Flexible rates enable small or large groups to afford this perfect location near the state Capitol. Flexible beds sleep 5 couples in king beds or 14 singles separately. Families and friends love it! Private outdoor luxury hot tub. Walled garden and patio with tables and seating for 18. Featured in the May 2006 Old House Journal and the November 2008 Frommer's Budget Travel.
You'll love walking 5 minutes (3/10 mile) down Old Santa Fe Trail to the historic Plaza, or 5 minutes over to Canyon Road; or strolling to museums, galleries, restaurants, sightseeing, shopping. Pop home to drop off your finds, and walk off to explore another area. Well-stocked market is just around the block. Ski 1/2 hour up the mountain, or take the kids to the playgrounds down the street. Come home and relax under the blue Santa Fe sky in the huge bubbling outdoor hot tub with waterfall, seats 7people .
Gather for drinks on the big front porch and then walk to dinner at one of Santa Fe's many fine restaurants, or cook up a feast in the fully equipped kitchen. Barbecue on the gas and charcoal grills, and dine outside in the private walled garden or at the oak dining table which expands to seat large groups. The kitchen is fully equipped with spices, cooking utensils, many appliances, and service for 18. Complete bar glasses, tablecloths, napkins, place mats, and candles are provided, and you can set a lovely table with colorful china, placemats, napkins, table cloths and serving pieces.
Built in the 1920's, the carefully updated adobe house is beautifully furnished with a tasteful mix of antiques, new top grain leather sofas, original art by New Mexico artists and Southwest artifacts. Richly colored Oriental rugs brighten the oak floors throughout. Hand plastered tinted walls and a big fireplace add ambiance. Firewood is supplied. Large open living room/dining room with three sofas, rocking chair, extending oak dining table. Enjoy elegant, luxurious hand-pressed fine cotton sheets in 3-sheet systems, down and down-alternative pillows and pressed cotton duvets on firm beds. Robes and plenty of fluffy cotton towels supplied. Immaculate professional housekeeping satisfies even the most particular guests.
Capitol Casa is approximately 2,600 square feet, plus the front porch with old-fashioned glider, antique bench, and patio chairs where groups can enjoy conversations outdoors. Flower gardens adorn the front and back yards. The walled garden patio has plenty of seating for up to 18, game tables, dining table under a huge shade tree, chiminea fire pot, morning sun and a view to the mountains. With a waterfall and a state-of-the-art low-chemical purifying process, the huge luxury outdoor hot tub has a cover lifter for easy access.
The main level offers 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. On the lower level are two bedroom/dens and a full bath. Everyone loves the double-sized large bedroom/den/viewing room with big screen TV with BLU-RAY DVD, VCR and CD/Stereo. Nicely separated from the main level bedrooms. Fully stocked laundry room.
The house is well supplied to make your stay pleasant, with three stereos including bluetooth receiver, five cable TV's, music CDs, and a collection of movies made in Santa Fe. Free secure Wi-Fi. Laundry room has full size washer and dryer, hypo-allergenic detergent, iron, ironing boards, steamer. Dish and hand soaps, bath gel, lotions are provided. Toys, books, puzzles and games are supplied--remember Skittles? Take our basketballs to the hoops at the playgrounds in the next block, where kids can play on a variety of structures for all ages.
Carport and off-street parking for 3 cars on-site, 3 more on the quiet street, plus more off-street at our office next door.
Accommodations: Sleeps 14 in real beds, and 17 using queen sleep sofa and roll-away twin. Fourteen singles can sleep separately: 12 singles in separate beds plus 2 more in the sleeper sofa and roll-away twin. Five couples can sleep in 5 king beds in 5 separate rooms, plus a 6th couple in the queen sleeper in the living room. Professional housekeepers will set up the beds to meet your needs. Should your group need more space, an elegant B & B right across the street has 5 rooms.
5 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms.
* Master bedroom: California King bed, en suite bathroom with double sink, jetted tub, and walk-in closet, T.V.
* Second bedroom: California King bed, large windows, T.V., next to a bathroom with separate walk-in shower and tub, grab bars.
* Third bedroom: option of King or 2 Twin beds, French door to garden patio.
* Fourth bedroom/large den with two dressing areas in walk-in closets, cable big flat screen TV, Blue-ray DVD/VCR/Stereo, game table. Option of King or 2 Twins on one side, 4 more Twins used as daybeds on other side facing the TV, option of 1 Roll-away Twin. Pack N Play crib. Door for privacy from small den.
* Fifth bedroom/small den has option of King or 2 Twins. TV. Privacy curtain screens beds from entrance to third full bathroom.
* Living Room: Queen sleep sofa. TV.
All rooms meet code for firesafe egress, with windows or doors large enough for firemen to enter and for guests to exit safely in an emergency. Flashlights, fire extinguishers, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are installed throughout the house. New condensing heating and water system with no pilot light. Inspected and licensed,
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
* Small or large groups welcome. Rates cover up to 8 people for small groups, with an additional charge of $30 per person per night for larger groups. Adults and children count.
* Children welcome. High chair, pack and play crib, umbrella stroller, baby gate provided. Toys, games, books too.
* Shorter bookings are accepted for infill year-round, or for adjacent bookings, or if close to arrival, or if minimum stay rate is paid.
* $500 Exit Clean for up to 11 people, $600 for 12 or more. Weekly clean required for multiple week stays. Maid Service is available by prior arrangement.
* $500 Security/Damage Deposit, refundable if no damage, for up to 9 people. $1,000 Security/Damage Deposit, refundable if no damage, for groups of 10 or more.
Cleaning fees higher than the prepaid exit clean will be deducted from the Security/Damage Deposit.
* 15.4375% Tax. Required: 8.4375% NM Gross receipts tax and 7% Santa Fe Lodging tax.
* Commercial zoning allows unlimited legal short term rentals. License Number: 17-00144401
* Fully Remodeled daylight basement level has windows meeting code for fire-safe egress.
* Reservation deposit of 1/2 rent is due within one week of verbal reservation, paid by check or Paypal. Balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellation policy: Confirmed reservations are considered binding. Refund if we are able to rebook the dates, less a $100 administration fee. Extenuating serious circumstances considered.
* Pets: Well-behaved dogs with our permission. Sorry, no cats. $100 per week or shorter stay pet fee. $500 pet damage deposit.
* No Smoking in the house; smokers may use the covered front porch or back patio.