House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Balcony is high and can be dangerous for toddlersBalcony is high and can be dangerous for toddlers
Max guests: 6
Great house, great location, outstanding view of the town and sunset. Communication was terrific.
Marfa house on hill is a paradise
This Marfa Hill House is a hidden gem with everything you need to feel right at home, fireplace, beautiful views, luxurious bed linens, and fully stocked kitchen!
This house is mostly what it appears to be, and the beds are very comfortable as others have noted. A few words of warning however:
1. Think of it as a two-bedroom. The room with the bunk beds is detached, downstairs, VERY dimly lit, and has kind of a basement-y smell to it.
2. There is no TV in the house, which was fine with us but really ought to be disclosed.
3. Don't assume that everything will work. The doors didn't lock well and the wifi was out for pretty much the entire time. Owner did not respond to my request for help with the wifi.
4. In addition to the local tax issue mentioned in the ad, you should be aware that VRBO does not automatically charge your card for the second payment. I assumed otherwise, and when the owner noticed that the second payment had not been made, he skipped the whole friendly reminder step and immediately threatened to sue me. They also make you sign an aggressive liability waiver, which I thought was pretty weird. Overall, management is not fun to deal with.
Beautiful views of marfa!
You can see the entire city of Marfa from the porch had no idea Marfa had a Vrbo like this it’s truly unique. The inside it has a rustic artistic feel to it feels like your staying in a art exhibit fits perfect to Marfa. Loved our stay I have to mention the beds were the most comfortable beds we ever slept on in a Vrbo.
We had a wonderful time at the Hill House. The house was clean and comfortable. Nice beds and linens. We'd stay again!
There are 2 bicycles at the Hill House that belong to the owner and are available for use. Bikes can also be rented in town at the Riata Inn.
About Robert Bellamy
I own a landscape design company in Dallas, TX where I have lived my entire life. As an artist, I was drawn to Marfa because there is always something interesting and educational or musical going on in town. Being in the high desert it's warm and dry during the day...crisp and cool at night. I try to get to Marfa at least once a month.
Robert Bellamy purchased this House in 2004
What makes this House unique
The Hill House is the only property of this kind with a panoramic view of the city of Marfa and the surrounding mountains. You can see storms coming in from 80 miles away!