About the property
- Cottage1800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
EXPERIENCE RETRO BEACHFRONT CHARM AT EASTHAVEN COTTAGE
Easthaven Cottage (formerly “A Beach Escape”) is a classic Carolina oceanfront PRIVATE home with screened porch & open decks on three sides for wonderful close-up Ocean views. Your steps go directly onto Topsail Island's clean, white sand. Our Classic NC beach cottage - the kind you remember from your childhood - is on a stretch of quiet beach with only private homes stretching along the ocean for miles. There is no public access near the house.
Our home's original knotty pine interior has been lovingly preserved, creating a welcoming, classic cottage atmosphere.
We offer two configurations:
MAIN LEVEL - 3 Bedroom/2 Bath - sleeps up to 8 (avail. late summer thru Spring only)*
The main (upper) level looks out to the beach and opens out to the screened in porch. There are two queen bedrooms and one with four twins (this includes a bunk bed set). One bathroom has a shower and the other has a shower/tub.
WHOLE HOUSE - 5 Bedroom/3 Bath - sleeps up to 12**
The five bedroom option adds the separate lower level guest quarters with its own living room, television, and kitchen. Great for large families, or groups traveling together: the separate space gives everyone that bit of extra privacy, or the option to watch a movie into the wee hours without keeping everyone up, or to rise early and not worry about making that first cup of coffee! One bedroom has a full size bed, the other has two twins. The bathroom has a shower – and direct access to the outside (perfect for beach days!).
* Rates shown for all seasons other than Prime Summer are for the 3/2 configuration. The lower level with an additional 2 BR/1 BA may be added for $300 per wk. (We never rent the lower level guest quarters separately, so if you opt to only rent the main level be assured you will still have the house to yourself.)
** High season Prime Summer rates are for the 5 bed/3 bath configuration only. The whole house is already included in that pricing.
DISCOUNTS available for one couple, active/retired military, seniors, early birds, and prior guests. Please be sure to inform us if you qualify.
Taxes & refundable damage deposit are additional.
We are a self-catering property: Basic cleaning is included and we provide pillows, blankets, and duvets; guests provide linens and towels (local rental services available).
For your enjoyment and comfort, we include wifi, cable TV (including HBO), flat screen TV'S, DVD and reading libraries, well equipped kitchen(s), piano, washer/dryer, and central AC/heat. We are a smoke-free, pet-free, and firearm-free environment.
Outside, enjoy dining, relaxing, ocean and maritime sights, sounds & breezes. Our screened porch is furnished with lots of seating. Other deck spaces feature a picnic table, outside shower, and lounge chairs. For your enjoyment, we have some beach chairs, beach toys and games, coolers, & a charcoal grill on hand.
Streetside, we have a large parking area with enough room for several cars and turn around space - no backing into street!
TOPSAIL and SURF CITY are known for exceptionally clean, warm water, (the Gulf Stream is close to shore,) mild/moderate waves, a sandy bottom, and clean, white sand. In addition, the island offers lots of family-oriented activities.
We are about 45 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC or Camp LeJeune/ Jacksonville, NC, and only about 2 hours from the golf courses and entertainment venues of Myrtle Beach, SC.
PAST GUEST COMMENTS:
- Even more wonderful than I imagined!! Last week proved to be the most enjoyable vacation I have ever been blessed to experience. Your place is not only comfortable, convenient, and pretty, but has a warm, at home atmosphere that made every moment special. My favorite room was the big screened porch. Our granddaughters could play at the shore, and we could keep our eyes on them in comfort & peace of mind. It was absolutely grand!! We also enjoyed cooking our meals with the great ocean view. I thanked the Lord every day for allowing us to be there!
- Just wanted to say thanks again, the house was beautiful, and so was the town.
- Kids cried when we left which was sad, but let us know how much fun they really had. Everything you sent us was right on the money. Thanks, too, for your honesty.
- We love your Beach Escape!! Being ocean front with its own private deck makes it so easy to & hang out and not worry about our stuff. You are the most pleasant hosts I've ever dealt with. You both make us feel so comfortable, and at home. I could do a live commercial for your wonderful get away. Thank you for your great place, it is truly a treasure.
- YOU WON’T BE SORRY YOU BOOKED THIS PLACE! Our experience in this home was excellent! It is well cared for & just what we expected from the website. The owners were so easy to deal with that they felt like family. I hope to know them for the rest of my life! They told me what to pack, gave me ideas of things to do and places to eat, and perfect directions. At the house there were packets with restaurant menus (personal notes were written on them as to what is good to order, etc) and points of interest. The screened in porch was a blessing the one day it rained, because we ate our meals out there and played games, but still felt outdoors and near to the ocean. We took our other breakfasts and lunches on the deck picnic table which was awesome. While we were there, we had the beach to ourselves 95% of the time. There were so many shells that we were able to be super picky about which ones we chose (bring a bucket, you will need it). Evenings were great because you could hear the ocean so well. You really will not be disappointed.
- WE ARE ALL SAD! WE WANT TO BE BACK IN THE COTTAGE ON THE SHORE!!! We had the vacation of our lives, i seriously have never in my life had a more memorable time. Thank you for sharing your home. It is a different world. And I couldn't get over the sound of the ocean...constantly...I said it was like God BREATHING.
- Thank you so much for the opportunity to have a vacation of a lifetime. Your place is wonderful. Everything, and even more than you said. The dolphins were wonderful to watch and we saw them daily. We had perfect weather and being able to spend it so close to the beach & ocean was beyond our wildest dream.
- Your house was a wonderful, relaxed family-oriented place to watch the dolphins play as the sun rose. Sitting out was a great way to begin, and end the day, watching the ocean roll in and out. There were turtle nesting areas up and down the beach, the fish were jumping, the pelicans and all the other seabirds swooping down for a stroll along the surf. What more could anyone want!
- 'A Beach Escape' is just that. It enables me to leave so far behind my daily world that it ceases to exist for me, and that is the primary reason I take vacations: to escape.
- Our 3rd visit. It was a good time, as always. We enjoy your personal touch, like menu's with notations, books, games, & info about local happenings.
- We love coming here - it is like going to a home away from home. Glad to give a reference but it is a lot like giving away your favorite secret hiding place! (honeymooners-came back for anniversaries),
- My husband LOVED sitting in the living room, and looking at the ocean. So restful, and helps recharge all your batteries.
- Wonderful place to build memories! Saw my granddaughter's face as she saw her first real sunset! A memory to be treasured! Indescribable week!
- How wonderful our time was there. The kids loved every second and my little boy cried for about 5 minutes when we left. We all feel like we've found a home away from home. I feel truly blessed to have found you. God bless you and your family!
- Thoroughly enjoyed your home. I was able to lose all track of time. Took pictures of daybreak & nightfall to remind me of this special place. What a perfect spot, too, for a girlfriend's trip. Renew & relax.
- Thanks for your home. We appreciated the unpretentiousness of your home (unlike many on the barrier islands). The location was perfect, and the birds were great, which was a particularly important criteria for us as nature lovers. Thinking about our next trip there already.
Keywords: beach vacation rental, beach house rental, oceanfront vacation home, waterfront, private home, Topsail beach rental, Surf City rental, Topsail Island rental, North Carolina beach rental, outer banks rental. oceanfront beach house rental, beachfront vacation home
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 05, 2018
What makes this Cottage unique
There's nothing like the unique renewing & de-stressing nature of being so close to the sea. With our unobstructed view, you will feel as though the ocean is your constant companion...and that the everyday world is far, far away. The sound of the waves is ever present, and becomes your own rhythm. We have one of the only screened porches around. We love it for the shade in the day, giving small children and elderly family a protected area with beautiful side & front views of the beach, and of the sea. At night you can sit (without bugs bothering you!) and watch the sea and the stars, which seem so close you feel you can touch them. Sometimes, particularly at full moon, it is as bright as day on the beach....you can see the ocean, lit up, all the way to the horizon....incredible! The other unique characteristic of the house is the separate guest apartment. It has a living/entertainment room, as well as two bedrooms, a bath, and an additional kitchen. Our guests have loved the arrangement. It offers additional privacy if some folks want to keep their own schedule, make their own meals or snacks, want to watch something different on TV, play different games, etc. It is perfect for a second family/friends, those early to bed grandparents, or just folks who like to sleep till noon on vacation!! We have a great view of the beach, have seen sea turtles laying nests, and feel like the dolphins & pelicans are close enough to touch. We love having a short boardwalk and just a few steps before stepping right on to the beach. Lastly this is the cleanest beach we've ever been on. White, soft, clean sand that goes right into the water. Exceptionally clean water, too, with no debris, tar or stones. Nice shallows for the little ones, and nice moderate waves for the older ones to body board. A world away, but much to see and do if that's your preference!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great Beach Cottage!
Great little beach cottage and can't beat the location! Owners were very easy to work with and very responsive! Would definitely rent again! Thanks for a great vacation!
Better than our expectations!
We loved our week at Easthaven Cottage! The house was clean and well kept. It was perfect for our family (6 adults, 5 kids). The house has a 1950's beach cottage vibe, which we loved, and the house is nicely decorated. The house sits right on the beach, closer than the houses nearby so it feels as if you are actually staying right on the beach. We loved being able to dine on the deck and screened in porch. Another great thing about Easthaven is that the beach seems much less populated than other areas on the island. There is no public access close by and there are no houses across the street, so the only people on the beach during our stay was us and the visitors staying in the houses next door. Looking down the beach in either direction, our area definitely seemed the most secluded. If we return to Topsail Island, we will definitely stay at Easthaven again!
A true jewel of beach!
We had the best vacation! Quiet beach with beautiful sunrises. The house is exactly as pictured, quaint and lovely. The kitchen is well equipped and large enough to accommodate meals for 12 people. With 6 boys, age 16 to 10, the outside shower was great for all the in and out they did over the week. Great local restaurants, the Topsail Steamer was the highlight of the week. The best part of the house, other than right on the beach, is the screened porch. We had a few thunderstorms roll through and being able to sit on the porch and enjoy the lighting at night and still enjoy the beach the morning it rained was so nice. The porch was also a nice relief from the sun, while still relaxing by the ocean (we all got a little pink, some more than others). We found some shark teeth and sea glass and saw dolphins swimming one morning. The Park and Rec department offers activities to non-residents. The best was Yoga on the beach at sunrise. Truly one of the most relaxing vacations we've had. Will definitely be coming back to Topsail Island and most likely stay at the cottage again.
Great Vacation Stay
Easthaven turned out to be as clean and comfortable as I could have wished for. Its location was even better than I might have expected with steps leading right to the edge of the ocean at high tide. The sand was nice and soft, the waves high, and the beach a gentle decline into and oft times gentle, and sometimes crashing surf. We were there with 6 adults and 4 children ranging in age from 1 to 13. Every one of us enjoyed it. The owners, Jeanne and James Sobel, were accommodating in in every way. We did have to provide our own sheets and towels and found that we could have this provided by a business there on the island or by Easthaven's manager. After finding that the price of both were the same ($145) for the week, we went with the manager. Beds were all made when we arrived. On our last day there the refrigerator door broke when we opened it. We were still able to open the frig but I wanted the Sorels to know of the problem. I called James and he said no problem - normal wear and tear. I received the $200 security deposit back in full. We would definitely return to Easthaven again. PS - many places to eat on the island, even within walking distance. Wonderful island.
Very cute, clean, comfortable beach house.
We had a wonderful time here. The weather was beautiful, and the house was very nice...the perfect size for my sisters and our mom and I. We could sit on the porch or in the living room or kitchen and look out the big windows and see the ocean. Loved it!
Best Vacation Ever! L. Cruz
Loved this beach house. So comfortable and relaxing. Everything you need is there, games, movies, beach umbrellas, chairs, toys, even beach hats. The piano was nice too, our daughter was able to practice her lessons. The cottage is nicely decorated. Our children loved the kids bedroom. They have already said they want to go back next year. I have never felt so rested after a vacation before. I'm normally exhausted. The Grocery store is close by, you can ride your bike there. The restaurants in the area are also really good.Thank you for renting this lovely cottage.
Thank you for your comments, we're so glad you enjoyed a relaxing week at Easthaven! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.
Deep sea fishing, boating, kayak/canoe rentals; Sea Turtle Hospital open to public (one of only a few in USA) (see endangered sea turtles up close/volunteer to 'sit with a nest ready to hatch/). Missile Museum (where Cape Canaveral originally started); fishing piers, public boat ramp, playgrounds with basketball court; water park, bay side beach, bay boat tours; fresh seafood markets; ocean or bay kayaking; Community Recreation center (summer week-long programs for adults & children; one day participation, too--tennis, soccer, yoga, zumba, paddle surf boarding etc etc) Art galleries/antique shops/unique beach shops, great consignment store hunting.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
ALL RATES QUOTED are for 3 bedroom/2 bath rental with the exception of HOT FAMILY FUN season Guest quarters (addt'l 2 bedrm/1 bath/kitchen/living) may be added for $300/week. HOT FAMILY FUN- home rented as 5 BEDRM/3 BATH ONLY NOW BOOKING 2016 EARLY BIRD, PRIOR GUESTS, ACTIVE MILITARY, SENIORS, COUPLES DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE- PLEASE ASK! CANCELLATIONS- NONE WITHIN 60 DAYS* *security and cleaning fee refunded, all other payments are non-refundable unless owner is able to re-rent same time period Rental Age Minimum- 30 Renters less than 30 years of age must be accompanied by 2 sets of parents plus remit security deposit of $1000. per week.