Easthaven Cottage (formerly “A Beach Escape”) is a classic Carolina oceanfront PRIVATE home with screened porch & open decks on three sides for wonderful close-up Ocean views. Your steps go directly onto Topsail Island's clean, white sand. Our Classic NC beach cottage - the kind you remember from your childhood - is on a stretch of quiet beach with only private homes stretching along the ocean for miles. There is no public access near the house.
Our home's original knotty pine interior has been lovingly preserved, creating a welcoming, classic cottage atmosphere.
We offer two configurations:
MAIN LEVEL - 3 Bedroom/2 Bath - sleeps up to 8 (avail. late summer thru Spring only)*
The main (upper) level looks out to the beach and opens out to the screened in porch. There are two queen bedrooms and one with four twins (this includes a bunk bed set). One bathroom has a shower and the other has a shower/tub.
WHOLE HOUSE - 5 Bedroom/3 Bath - sleeps up to 12**
The five bedroom option adds the separate lower level guest quarters with its own living room, television, and kitchen. Great for large families, or groups traveling together: the separate space gives everyone that bit of extra privacy, or the option to watch a movie into the wee hours without keeping everyone up, or to rise early and not worry about making that first cup of coffee! One bedroom has a queen size bed, the other has two twins. The bathroom has a shower – and direct access to the outside (perfect for beach days!).
* Rates shown for all seasons other than Prime Summer are for the 3/2 configuration. The lower level with an additional 2 BR/1 BA may be added for $300 per wk. (We never rent the lower level guest quarters separately, so if you opt to only rent the main level be assured you will still have the house to yourself.)
** High season Prime Summer rates are for the 5 bed/3 bath configuration only. The whole house is already included in that pricing.
DISCOUNTS available for one couple, active/retired military, seniors, and prior guests. Please be sure to inform us if you qualify.
Taxes & refundable damage deposit are additional.
We are a self-catering property: Basic cleaning is included and we provide pillows, blankets, and duvets; guests provide linens and towels (local rental services available).
For your enjoyment and comfort, we include wifi, cable TV (including HBO), flat screen TV'S, DVD and reading libraries, well equipped kitchen(s), piano, washer/dryer, and central AC/heat. We are a smoke-free, pet-free, and firearm-free environment.
Outside, enjoy dining, relaxing, ocean and maritime sights, sounds & breezes. Our screened porch is furnished with lots of seating. Other deck spaces feature an outside shower, and lounge chairs. For your enjoyment, we have some beach chairs, beach toys and games, coolers, & a charcoal grill on hand.
Streetside, we have a large parking area with enough room for several cars and turn around space - no backing into street!
TOPSAIL and SURF CITY are known for exceptionally clean, warm water, (the Gulf Stream is close to shore,) mild/moderate waves, a sandy bottom, and clean, white sand. In addition, the island offers lots of family-oriented activities.
We are about 45 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC or Camp LeJeune/ Jacksonville, NC, and only about 2 hours from the golf courses and entertainment venues of Myrtle Beach, SC.
PAST GUEST COMMENTS:
- Even more wonderful than I imagined!! Last week proved to be the most enjoyable vacation I have ever been blessed to experience. Your place is not only comfortable, convenient, and pretty, but has a warm, at home atmosphere that made every moment special. My favorite room was the big screened porch. Our granddaughters could play at the shore, and we could keep our eyes on them in comfort & peace of mind. It was absolutely grand!! We also enjoyed cooking our meals with the great ocean view. I thanked the Lord every day for allowing us to be there!
- Just wanted to say thanks again, the house was beautiful, and so was the town.
- Kids cried when we left which was sad, but let us know how much fun they really had. Everything you sent us was right on the money. Thanks, too, for your honesty.
- We love your Beach Escape!! Being ocean front with its own private deck makes it so easy to & hang out and not worry about our stuff. You are the most pleasant hosts I've ever dealt with. You both make us feel so comfortable, and at home. I could do a live commercial for your wonderful get away. Thank you for your great place, it is truly a treasure.
- YOU WON’T BE SORRY YOU BOOKED THIS PLACE! Our experience in this home was excellent! It is well cared for & just what we expected from the website. The owners were so easy to deal with that they felt like family. I hope to know them for the rest of my life! They told me what to pack, gave me ideas of things to do and places to eat, and perfect directions. At the house there were packets with restaurant menus (personal notes were written on them as to what is good to order, etc) and points of interest. The screened in porch was a blessing the one day it rained, because we ate our meals out there and played games, but still felt outdoors and near to the ocean. We took our other breakfasts and lunches on the deck picnic table which was awesome. While we were there, we had the beach to ourselves 95% of the time. There were so many shells that we were able to be super picky about which ones we chose (bring a bucket, you will need it). Evenings were great because you could hear the ocean so well. You really will not be disappointed.
- WE ARE ALL SAD! WE WANT TO BE BACK IN THE COTTAGE ON THE SHORE!!! We had the vacation of our lives, i seriously have never in my life had a more memorable time. Thank you for sharing your home. It is a different world. And I couldn't get over the sound of the ocean...constantly...I said it was like God BREATHING.
- Thank you so much for the opportunity to have a vacation of a lifetime. Your place is wonderful. Everything, and even more than you said. The dolphins were wonderful to watch and we saw them daily. We had perfect weather and being able to spend it so close to the beach & ocean was beyond our wildest dream.
- Your house was a wonderful, relaxed family-oriented place to watch the dolphins play as the sun rose. Sitting out was a great way to begin, and end the day, watching the ocean roll in and out. There were turtle nesting areas up and down the beach, the fish were jumping, the pelicans and all the other seabirds swooping down for a stroll along the surf. What more could anyone want!
- 'A Beach Escape' is just that. It enables me to leave so far behind my daily world that it ceases to exist for me, and that is the primary reason I take vacations: to escape.
- Our 3rd visit. It was a good time, as always. We enjoy your personal touch, like menu's with notations, books, games, & info about local happenings.
- We love coming here - it is like going to a home away from home. Glad to give a reference but it is a lot like giving away your favorite secret hiding place! (honeymooners-came back for anniversaries),
- My husband LOVED sitting in the living room, and looking at the ocean. So restful, and helps recharge all your batteries.
- Wonderful place to build memories! Saw my granddaughter's face as she saw her first real sunset! A memory to be treasured! Indescribable week!
- How wonderful our time was there. The kids loved every second and my little boy cried for about 5 minutes when we left. We all feel like we've found a home away from home. I feel truly blessed to have found you. God bless you and your family!
- Thoroughly enjoyed your home. I was able to lose all track of time. Took pictures of daybreak & nightfall to remind me of this special place. What a perfect spot, too, for a girlfriend's trip. Renew & relax.
- Thanks for your home. We appreciated the unpretentiousness of your home (unlike many on the barrier islands). The location was perfect, and the birds were great, which was a particularly important criteria for us as nature lovers. Thinking about our next trip there already.
Keywords: beach vacation rental, beach house rental, oceanfront vacation home, waterfront, private home, Topsail beach rental, Surf City rental, Topsail Island rental, North Carolina beach rental, outer banks rental. oceanfront beach house rental, beachfront vacation home