About the property
- Condo900 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Condo, 2 Master Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: El Faro 101 is one of the premier 'end cap' oceanfront condos to be found on Playa's Main Beach with a Prime wrap-around corner ocean front terrace with gas BBQ.
Offering the privacy of two private master suites with full baths, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a beautiful décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water. LIGHT HOUSEKEEPING: MIDWEEK LINEN CHANGE
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace, (and private side porch) fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers and a large refreshing infinity edged pool. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool. These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere block from the gates of El Faro Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
So make your reservations now and travel to Playa and enjoy the privacy of a spacious beach condo that is not just another of the many all inclusive, luxury hotels, or Cancun resorts. El Faro is prime Mexico beach real estate that is like an island in a sea of small town local charm. Ask about our travel deals, vacation packages, seasonal specials. El Faro is vacation lodging at its finest. Please take a tour of our website with pictures ,maps, and other info about your trip to the Mayan Riviera, land of the ancient Maya.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $185 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? El Faro is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 10 and the beach, one block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS El FARO TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Playa have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF El FARO? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. There are several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN EL FARO ? Yes, just click on our Playa Luxury Rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building.
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful location place
Second time there, and definitely will be more times! everybody is nice, every day massage by the pool, gorgeous view, new fridge, stove and microwave, close to all you can image for your vacation, I will recommend to all to rent this condo. Thanks to the manager Susan Mattingly
Thank you so much for your kind review.
We are so glad you enjoyed Reef 101 again.
We did just upgrade appliances and hope that added great value to your stay.
Please come again to Reef 101-beach front condo.
Playa Luxury Rentals
El Faro Reef #101 and Susan Mattingly
We have been visiting Playa Del Carmen for 15+ years. We have now found another great Property Manager, Susan Mattingly and another great place to stay, El Faro Reef #101. Susan was amazingly responsive answering e-mails within a very short period of time. She was accommodating, and her assistant, Yesica was amazing as well. We highly recommend dealing with Susan and Yesica.
Thank you for the wonderful words.
We are so pleased you enjoyed El Faro reef 101.
It really is a gem in the heart of Playa Del Carmen.
And Yesica-our guest service expert is wonderful and a great addition to our management staff at Caribbean Beach Properties.
Thanks and come again soon.
Playa Luxury Rentals
Location is a 10!
Great unit, perfect for couples...two master suites. It's clean, well furnished and the views are amazing. Steps to beach, so handy and proximity to 5th is ideal. I would highly recommend this complex and unit. Staff very friendly and accommodating!
Great location, beautiful condo!!
We took a long weekend at the beginning of March with another couple just as Spring Break was beginning in some parts of the US. My friend is in a wheelchair and did a lot of research on this condo to make sure it was accessible for her. I must say that it was a fabulous location. We spent a lot of our time on the patio overlooking the beach, wonderful breeze, great view of the sunrise, easy access to 5th Street shops and restaurants, and my friend had no problems getting around. The condo staff was very polite and responsive, the security around the pool area was great. With a very busy beach, no one was allowed around the pool or decks that wasn't a resident of the condos. It was a very safe area as well. The condo was clean, and just the right size for the four of us. The manager was helpful in suggesting transportation and they even stopped at Wal-Mart for us to get groceries for a slight additional charge. The property is situated right about in the middle of the area between the two ferry piers in Playa. My husband and I walked pier to pier on the beach and El Farro was BY FAR the nicest residence in the entire area along the beach. Massages pool side as well!! My only - and I mean ONLY criticism is on behalf of my friend. She could've gotten in and out of the pool without assistance IF it had a handrail. But that isn't a reflection on this particular condo, just an observation. We will definitely be returning!
Thank you for your kind comments.
We are pleased that the condo was what you needed and expected.
Im also glad the recommended transportation service was satisfactory for all your needs.
Reef 101 is really a gem of a location and home on the Caribbean sea.
Please visit us again!
Playa Luxury Rentals
Beautiful view, great location!
This condo suited us perfectly! We loved being able to walk right out onto the beach or into the pool from our room without having to go up an elevator or stairs. It was nice to have a bathroom right there too! The condo itself was well appointed with everything we needed. Plenty of beach towels, dishes, even to-go coffee cups. No complaints whatsoever. We have stayed at several other condos in this complex as well and they are all fabulous.
Thank you for your comments.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Reef 101.
The location is awesome!
Please come again soon.
maybe the best condo in town !!!!
This was a great experience from start to finish. The manager was quick and responsive. The condo is superb and perfectly positioned in the town. It is right on the beach with windows that overlook the beach from the kitchen and from the dining room and from the lounge and from the master bedroom. Being on the ground floor you are just steps from the beach and steps from the pool and steps from the multiple loungers all serviced with ample supply of umbrellas. The condo is set up a few feet from the beach level and with a private wrap around deck there is no issue with privacy inside. With the multiple windows there was also a great breeze through the condo. Its next great feature is that it is only a half block from the famous 5th Avenue shopping and eating. FANTASTIC. While there is a beach bar on either side of the complex there was never any problem with excessive noise. Sitting on the large deck in the morning with coffee from the well stocked kitchen and a baguette from the sandwich shop next door watching the scuba divers set off on their morning dives was a relaxing way to start the day. Of course there were the early morning lounge hoggers who came down and reserved their loungers with their towels but you get them everywhere and there were always enough loungers to go around anyway. (it was great one morning when we had a flash shower after they had put their towels out - it made me laugh anyway!!) There is a great sunrise right off the beach which pours light into the condo through the multiple windows every morning. It is a shame that the restaurant in El Faro is closed as it would be a great addition to an already great complex. I would stay here again if coming to Playa.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE FEES AND TAXES