About the property
- House2200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8 max)
This modern home is located in the very quiet and private Dory Pointe development just minutes walk to the beach. Ideal for two families with 2200 square feet of space, 2 master bedrooms (queen beds) and 2 twin-over-full bunkbed rooms. The backyard is a kid's dream with sand and play structures and backs up to forested area with a trail to the RV Park.
Garage has bikes for the whole family, sand toys and beach chairs. Rinse off after a day at the beach in the hot water fenced outdoor shower....rinse the kids off while you're at it. Let the kids play ping pong and foosball while BBQing your fresh catch of the day (or whatever Cape Kiwanda store's is!).
Nice 42 inch TV in the living room for evening movies (large selection of DVDs available), master bedrooms have TVs too.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Jeannie Legum
We are 2 families with kids ranging in age from 14 to 16 who are long time friends. We live just 3.5 hours away in Bend, Oregon and love to visit any chance we get.
Jeannie Legum purchased this House in 2006
Why Jeannie Legum chose Pacific City
We've owned our beach house for 12 years now, we love the Dory Pointe development in Pacific City, it's safe for the kids to ride their bikes on the quiet street and backs up to beautiful BLM land. It's close to the beach and the Pelican Brewery but not too close that you lose your privacy. We take many trips there together and sometimes just the one family....but always come back refreshed from the good ol' Oregon Coast. We love Pacific City, it is so laid back, no hype, we're sure you'll love it too!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Always enjoy our stays here. We have been so lucky to have wonderful weather just about every time we venture to PC. April and had an 80 degree day! Great place!!
Perfect location and an awesome backyard!
We just spent 5 days here and loved it! The backyard is SO awesome and just perfect for families. It backs up to the forest which provides ample walking, playing and adventuring for you and your kiddos. We spent lots of time wandering and just burning energy in the rain.
The house is a perfect layout for 2 families. It has 2 masters and 2 bedrooms with twin over full bunks and lots of space.
A few things...
1) Excellent location. Quick and easy walk anywhere. Couldn't have been happier with this!
2) Backyard is ah-mazing! Lots of fun outdoor play and nice to not back up to other houses. You could let the kids play and still see them from inside the house. Walk down to the campground and visit the rabbits and playground.
3) It is a quick straight shot from the house across the main drag and down a pathway to the beach.
4) House is supplied with everything you would need. Kitchen-wise, strollers, bikes, outdoor chairs, foos ball table inside, there was a ping pong table in the garage but we couldn't access it or much of the garage due to a boat being parked in there.
5) Space to spread out and get away from one another if needed, or let your littles nap like we did.
1) There is only 1 piece of furniture (sectional) to sit on-- so when you have 4 adults and 3 kids, there isn't enough room to hang out and just watch a movie even. We always had to have kids sitting on the floor or a lap. The couch is well loved and probably needs to be replaced. You sit down and get sucked into the cushions and can't hardly climb out. My idea was to move the foos ball table to the upstairs landing area (kind of wasted space) and put more furniture in downstairs living area.
2) Coffee pots... there were two for the house, which is awesome.... BUT they only make about 3 cups per each pot. So we made two pots at a time, but you had to rotate the lid to pour, as one had a broken handle and you couldn't pore out of it.
3) We didn't have issues with the stairs, but be aware that they are a steep climb if you have anyone with those type of concerns.
4) The masters were nice and had ample space. But there were no dressers or places to put your bags/things. There was plenty of space for a dresser, which would have been nice to put things away and not leave bags on the floor.
NONE of these cons would prevent us from returning though! More just food for thought, I guess? It was a great trip and we are looking forward to returning again!
Another wonderful visit
We have been coming to this house many times. We love the house...large, open plan, well stocked. We love the location....easy walk to the beach, backyard sand play area, woods out the back for walking the dogs. The owners are responsive to any problems. What's not to love! We will be back.
Spacious rooms yet cozy
Family had a wonderful time together in your well equipped beach retreat. Even though we woke early with the joyful squeals of a 9 month old, sleep was so restful with the gentle ocean breeze and your wonderful mattresses. The view of the woods in the back yard was especially nice. We have not previously stayed in this area, but it is well worth a return visit.
Wonderful size for two families, plenty of space.
Amazing location, 5-10 min walk to the beach, 5 min walk to a great coffee shop, 5 min walk to restaurants/surf shop/small grocery store and located in a peaceful/quiet little community. The backyard was amazing for our kids(youngest 2 and oldest 10), they loved it and we loved not having to take them to the windy beach all the time. The backyard is really sheltered from the wind. The beach is amazing though....rocks to the North are great for exploring sea life at low tide and lots of sandy beach for kite flying or sand play. At higher tides there's even some spots along the beach where the waves are small and gentle closer in. Hope this helps, happy vacation house hunting!!!
Great rental for two families
Was a perfect rental for our two families. Plenty of room, a fun backyard and lots of beach toys. My only complaint/suggestion is that there wasn't any shampoo or conditioner provided (something that seems fairly common with other beach rentals we've stayed at). Even a travel size would have been great. We had to pay $14 at the local market. That being said, would definitely stay again!
Moment surf shop next to the Pelican Brew Pub can arrange surfboard/wetsuit rentals, instruction and more, huge sand-dune for sandboarding, local store rents sandboards, and horseback tours on the beach, there is also a kite shop behind the cape Kiwanda Inn, and there is an indoor pool/hotub in the back of the market
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Thanksgiving weekend - $275 a night, 3 night minimum Weekly Special - $150 per night if 7 days booked during low season / $214 per night during high season Always 10 people maximum.