Unique River View Retreat - Five Minutes to Georgetown!(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom House In Charming And Leafy Palisades Above The Potomac
The house is located just upriver from Georgetown in the heart of leafy, upscale Palisades village, just 2 blocks from excellent restaurants, grocery stores, cafes, shops and other conveniences. Easy access to all points of interest in Washington via the D5 Express and D6 MetroBuses which stop just a block away. The house has plenty of parking and the neighborhood is extremely safe. Paths lead down to the river, C&O Canal and jogging and bike paths. Boats and bicycles can be rented at Fletcher’s boathouse just down the hill.
Amenities In House:
* Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher.
* Full-sized clothes washer and dryer.
* Air conditioning units to keep your space comfy.
* High speed internet and WIFI, smart TV w cable.
* Four bedrooms (1 king, 1 king, 1 twin, 1 tiwn)
* Screen Porch with view of the Potomac with ceiling fans; in a city with few panoramic views, your porch has one!
* Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house.
* Unrestricted access to the Potomac River and National Parkland hiking and biking trails just across the street!
* Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need.
* Steps away from the stop from the D5/D6 MetroBus that will take you to The National Mall and all the other high-profile sights in the city.
* Unrestricted street parking in front of the house – a great benefit in parking-challenged Washington!
* We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot. Buses run every twenty minutes. Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city. For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house. Or bike to the mall in 15 minutes!
Ideal And Idyllic Location:
* Quiet, safe, street in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants (including several of Washington’s best restaurants: Blacksalt seafood restaurant, Makoto 5*Japanese, 7th Hill wood burning oven Pizza, and Kotobuki, the best value sushi bar in Washington; Italian, Belgian and American cuisine also nearby). There are also Starbucks coffee & Liquor store in Safeway Supermkt,upscale wine store, CVS drug store, post office, banks, dry cleaners and Palisades community library within walking distance. Buy fresh produce at Farmer’s Market every Sunday.
* Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, Sibley Hospital, Georgetown University Hospital and the French and German Embassies.
* Limitless free cultural options. A mere 15 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 10 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
* An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 1 block from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- We love seniors and are well equipped for them in bedroom (rises available for one twin bed) and bathroom toilet raised seat available. One or both twin beds can be moved to downstairs bedroom to accomodate guests that do not want to use stairs to get to 2nd floor of house. There is a bathroom with easy walk in shower on 1st ground floor as well....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May/June/July Grad.& Summer
May 1 - Aug 31, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $150
- Tax Rate 14.5%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Palisades is a relaxed and upscale neighborhood in Washington, DC, a narrow, leafy neighborhood of streets and shops just upstream from Georgetown along the Potomac River basin. Residents come here for the proximity to downtown DC and to the Potomac River and C&O canal - many commute along the river to work (and it's a short shot to the mall and attractions). The neighborhood has a dozen eateries. a number of which are in 'best of DC' lists, as well as all other shopping.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: I am a homemaker and former World Bank officer, and experienced host of holiday travelers. My husband and I rented our English basement for two years. Now our growing family is moving to a larger house in the neighborhood, but we are keeping this special house to move back into when we start shrinking again! In the meantime, we hope that our guests will enjoy the neighborhood and the house as much as we have.
Why the Owner Chose Foxhall Crescent, Washington, DC, USA:
My husband, an avid canoer and kayaker, dreamed of living on one of the streets above the river for years before the house became available.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This is a truly special house - in a city that has very few panoramas, this one has a wonderful open vista, and it's a quick hop down to Fletcher's boathouse, one of DC's most active outdoor resources (fishing, canoes, bikes, picnic areas). And it's remarkably close-in for such a spot - a short commute by bike to the city. Palisades has a village feel, with library, shopping, and farmer's market, and Georgetown in just a short bike away.
- Primary: 202-679-7556
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Cottage has downstairs porch and upstairs loft porch
Living room has period furniture and a picture window facing the river
picture window faces a front screen porch.
Porch with down home furniture and a dining room table that seats 4-5
cozy kitchen table
bedroom #1 has king bed and plenty of closet space
bedroom 3 has two twins
upstairs bathroom with twin basins
downstairs bathroom has single basin and shower
Charming palisades village, with farmers market every Sunday
In front of the house, national parkland provides panoramic views of the Potomac
Living room has period furniture and a picture window with view of the river
Downstairs dining room
Kitchen has all amenites
Bedroom #1 has king bed and plenty of closet space
bedroom 2 has a queen bed
bedroom 4 has a twin bed (guitar can be arranged!)
upstairs bathroom has jacuzzi and a hand shower
downstairs bathroom shower
down on the Potomac...
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.