The Idaho Castle - a Great Place for a Family Vacation.
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Castle
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The castle sits over looking the beautiful Lake Pend Oreille in Hope, Idaho. The castle has 6,300 SF of living space and beautiful views of both the lake and mountains in the area.
Member since: 2013
- 6300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 14-16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Jan 31, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $50
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning Fee $400
- Taxes Not included
$400.00 Cleaning Fee due at check in.
1. Check-In time is after 3:00 PM & Check-Out is 11:00 AM.
2. This is a Non Smoking Facility
3. No Pets are permitted at the Idaho Castle
4. Deposit of 50% is required to secure reservation.
a) No damage done to castle or it's contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b) No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services rendered during stay
c) All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed into dumpsters, and soilded dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
d) All keys are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked.
e) All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f) No linens are lost or damaged
5. PAYMENT: An advance payment of 50% of the rent is due upon making the reservation. The advanced payment will be applied to stay. The balace of rent is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
6. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations within 30 days of booked arrival date will be non-refundable.
7. Maximum Occupancy - the maximum number of guests are 15.
8. No daily maid service - linens and bath towels are included in the unti, daily maid services will not be included in the rental rate however it is available at an addition rate. We suggest that you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken form the unit.
9. Falsified reservations will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
10. Any exception to these rules must be approved in writing in advance.
11. Storm and road conditions. No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are maintained, however, we highly recommend four-wheel drive or chains during months of snow. There will be no refunds due to road contions.
12. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or it's facilities
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Idaho Castle is located in Hope, Idaho over looking beautiful Lake Pend Orielle. It is centrally located to many different areas of this region:
15 miles east of Sandpoint, Idaho
25 miles to Schweitzer Mountain Resort
60 miles to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
90 miles to Spokane, Washington
75 miles to Creston, Alberta, Canada
30 minutes to Montana
45 miles to Silverwood Theme Park in Athol, Idaho
There are many activities to do in the area: boating, beach (park on the lake right below the castle) as well as main city beach in Sandpoint, fishing, golfing (Idaho Club is 10 minutes away), paddle boarding, hiking, biking, snowmobiling, skiing. Sandpoint has some great restaurants and concerts.
Year Purchased: 2010
About: We live in Utah. My wife and I love to travel. We have 6 kids and 6 grandkids.
Why Hope, ID, USA:
I have always loved castles, when I saw this property and all of the beauty that surrounded, we wanted to own it and share it with our family and friends. Our family has fallen in love with the region. Lake Pend Orielle is one of our favorite places to visit, to watch, to boat on, and enjoy.
The Unique Benefits at this Castle:
Staying at the castle is a unique experience. How many times have you stayed in a castle? The beauty that you can enjoy from the castle is outstanding. One of our favorite things is sitting on the patio for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or in the evening and just watching and enjoying this amazing lake. The sunsets are spectacular. The last two years we have started up a little fire on the fire pit and roasted marshmallows or cooked hot dogs. We have watched lighting storms and enjoyed seeing all of the stars. We love to visit the castle. All of our friends that have gone up with us, have just loved it. The Sandpoint area is great, Coeur d'Alene is about an hour drive away. Things that we have enjoyed in the area include: boating Lake Pend Oreielle, Main Beach at Sandpoint, The ski resort, traveling to Coeur d'Alene. Hiking, biking, golfing. Everything is relatively close by. Staying at the castle is just a special experience. The castle is constantly being upgraded and improved since we bought it as well.
The Idaho Castle
The Idaho Castle
The Idaho Castle overlooking the lake
The Tower Room
Den (also has a bunk bed) great for the kids.
2nd Level Hall Way and Laundry
Patio and Seating
View of the Castle from the lake.
Front View of the Castle
Backyard view of the Castle
Main entry and staircase
Pool & TV Room
Master Bathroom - also features a rounded shower.
Castle from the Lake - you can see it anywhere on the lake
View of the forest to the South
Sunset from the patio over looking Lake Pend Oreielle
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM