This upscale summer cabin a stone's throw from Madison, on Lake Ripley has been in our family for generations.
The 1950’s midcentury modern décor never goes out of style. But, recent updates are numerous, including:
- New kitchen appliances (color-coordianted Viking stove, hidden Miele dishwasher, and large refrigerator)
- New shower and bathroom fixtures
- New beds & mattresses
- Air conditioning
- Rowboat, canoe, and Pontoon Boat
- New swim platform
- New flat-screen tv, hidden behind old painting (see pic’s)
- Landscaping, including native prairie garden along the shoreline, apple & pear orchard, and birch forest along the back of the cabin
Other positive attributes include
- Closest city is Cambridge: a quintessential American small-town main street, with pottery/arts community, with several good restaurants & nice coffee-shop & ice cream
- Madison is a short drive away
- You can bring your own boat
- CamRock trail system – great for hiking & mountain biking (and skiing in the winter, but you need to find different accommodations if that’s your plan).
About the lake:
- Fast boating only allowed between 11:00 am to 7:30 pm (although mostly concentrated on weekends). Other times reserved for those with a slower pace (kayaks, swimmers, fishing).
- Swim platform and floating toys, for kids & young-at-heart
- Open-water swimming, for those looking for a workout (Ironmen?)
- Wonderful public park/beach, with big sand beach, playground, tennis, etc.
- Good fishing; state-record bass was caught at this lake
*** Everyone in your party must know how to swim ***