About the property
- Apartment600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Modern fully+ equipped private studio apt with an unbelievable view
Your apartment is very private with its own entrance while being part of a private house (where I live). You have an incredible 180 degree ocean view straight from your bed, the same view you have also from the living room area and from your deck.
Babies are welcome -no extra charge for little people.
Everything is brand new -remodeled in summer 2013.
Sleeps 2 (queen size), plus a sofa bed for 2 (twin size). One bathroom with gorgeous shower.
Kitchen fully equipped with silverware, glasses, cups, pots, pans etc. Four-burner gas stove, full size fridge with big freezer, microwave, top of the line toaster oven, Keurig coffee machine, a high-class propane grill on the deck, but no real baking oven.
Flat screen 32' TV with about 400 Verizon FIOS channels.
Very fast and reliable internet (fiber-optic, about 50 mbps up and down), new WiFi ink-jet printer.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, german, swedish, finnish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Heikki Ketola
Born in Finland, got my MBA there and lived there half of my life. I'm in the US since 1979. I have lived in Malibu since 1992 or so.
Heikki Ketola purchased this Apartment in 1999
Why Heikki Ketola chose Western Malibu
The view -one of the best ocean views in Malibu. Location is near the end of a dead-end street. Kitchen is fully equipped with gas stove, fridge, high-end toaster oven, micro, electric water kettle, Keurig coffee machine, pots and pans, silverware, plates, cups etc. High end Weber gas BBQ on the deck. Privacy. Quiet. The incredible view of the Pacific Ocean. Romantic. Want to propose your sweetheart? For business users the apartment is close to perfect -high speed internet (50 Mbps up & down), all-in-one scanner/printer, quiet peaceful surroundings.
What makes this Apartment unique
The view and the privacy. Just look at the pictures. Read the reviews.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Beautiful location, every amenity you could need.
It had it all, mountains and ocean. Extremely comfortable and impeccably clean.
This place is amazing the view is gorgeous the owner was very nice place is clean quiet just amazing I’d recommend it 100% Thank you !
Wonderful, serene and modern.
This place is perfect for a little romantic getaway in Malibu. The owner provided for everything with the best of hospitality in mind - an abundance of nice clean towels, toiletries, phone chargers, bluetooth speakers, amenities and even a welcome prosecco. The place is pristine and well decorated with a modern flair. The view is the best of all - worth a return trip.
Beautiful, private and quiet.
We stayed for two nights. It’s beautiful with a gorgeous view and quiet location. The owner is delightful, and the check-in process is seamless. We will stay here again!
Didn't want to leave
Things we loved:
- The bathroom. So big, so nice. The concrete shower was fantastic. Lots of towels.
- The food. Heikki had the apt stocked with a few food items...this was sooooo appreciated after a long day of traffic getting to Malibu.
- The personal greeting: Heikki was there to say hello when we arrived and goodbye when we left. He is adorable.
- The guide: Heikki has written this printed guide about all the stuff to do and see in Malibu that is both curmudgeonly and immensely entertaining. I read the whole thing. Sounds weird...but it was seriously funny. The guy has some good jokes. I recommend.
- The iron: After a week of slobbing around the beach, I wanted to look nice and iron my skirt...Heikki had this super heavy duty Rowena iron available in the apt that was so amazing to use that I got on Amazon and ordered my own today.
- Peace and quiet: We wanted time alone and we got it. No noise or disturbances, just gorgeous views and peace.
- Hiking: After reading about it in the guide, we hiked through the neighborhood to Zuma Canyon trail, which was super tough and awesome!!! Great way to exercise in the area!
- The view from the bed: You're up so high it looks like the ocean is rising up into the sky to meet your view while you're lying in bed. So great. So happy.
- The ants: Heikki anticipated the little fire ants hanging around and stocked our place with a vinegar spray to take care of it...very thoughtful.
Hope to return again someday. It was heavenly.
Wonderful in every way!
Every detail of this rental is excellent. We shall return.
The apartment is on a hill (750ft elevation) above Zuma Beach and Point Dume, with a 180 degree view of the ocean. Within 5 miles you have some 10 different beaches to explore. There are gorgeous hiking trails around you in the Santa Monica mountains (formally Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area), the closest one, Zuma Ridge Trail, is half a mile away.