|Space||4,305 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Artistic inspiration brings to life a unique creation known as CASA BOUCQUILLON. The Villa and its Guest House have been built into a hill of white marble, which internally has been exposed in various rooms.
The Villa has been designed over three levels with floor to ceiling windows positioned to capture at various angles views of the Lucca hillsides and its beautiful city centre.
- The lower level consists of the main entrance, powder room, hall closet space and a large laundry room.
- The main level displays an open space design for the living room with fireplace, dining room and kitchen with bathroom and a secluded bedroom with private access to the pool terrace area.
- The upper level has 1 master bedroom en suite, 2 guest bedrooms, 1 additional roomwith sofa bed and guest bathroom.
The Guest House is also composed of three levels with floor to ceiling windows.
- The ground level consists of a master bedroom with bathroom, dressing room and private entrance and terrace.
- The main level has a living room with sleeper sofa, kitchen, dining room, dressing room, private terrace and outdoor whirlpool tub overlooking Lucca's city night lights.
- The upper level consists of a large master with bathroom, dressing room and a sitting room with a sleeper sofa.
The Villa and its Guest House has many unique features, the hydraulic open roof being the most dramatic, to the swimming pool with its vanishing-edge effect and elongated design of 26 meters in length with an area of 70 square meters and whirlpool. Other particulars are the various sculptures and design pieces that enhances both the exterior and interior of the Villa and its Guest House.
Michel Boucquillon & Donia Maaoui, both architects, artist and designer for the most famous Italian Companies.
Casa Boucquillon purchased this villa in 2009
This extraordinary property is located within the hills around the outskirts of Lucca. This dream place is a laboratory, a place of experimentation and meditation for us.
Lets start with the villa being awarded as one of the most ecological and exceptional homes in Italy by TV channel 'National Geographic'
You Villa is built into a hill made of white marble. Its particular window shutters made of iron provide shade in the summer and catch the light deeply in winter, while the convertible roof opens at 30° like the wings of a butterfly to reveal star-studded skies on those warm midsummer nights.
Then there's the pool, 26 meters long with an area of 70 square meters with a unique overflow design. The pool includes an area of 16 meters for doing laps, an additional section for recreational activities and a separate hydro massage area. From every angle of the pool as well as from its terrace you can enjoy a breathtaking aerial view of the city centre of Lucca.
Accenting both the interior and exterior of the Villa are sculptures from Donia Maaoui. One of many creations is the main floor of the Villa which is organized around a spectacular spiral staircase resembling a long evening gown.
-Thanks to the generosity of my friends Tina and Robert, I had the extreme pleasure and opportunity to spend a week in your home as their personal chef. The minute we arrived I knew I was meant to be here. I felt extremely connected to your philosophy of design as well as the architecture of your home. As well, the story of Lola the Rebel spoke to my soul and I couldn’t be more grateful to you for sharing these with us. P.S. This was my first trip out of the US. You have left a lasting impression.
- Ciao, Thank you for sharing your beautiful Villa with us….we’ve truly enjoyed the stay…the views from here are amazing! Again thank you soo much! Magnifico!!! Arriverderci… a più tardi
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 22 2017 - Sep 3 2017
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$2,178.95|
A detailed rental agreement explaining the cancellation policy, security deposit procedure etc...is available when in the phase of booking a reservation