Mtn Chalet–Close to Asheville & Black Mtn–Wilderness Vistas & Jacuzzi(6 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Chalet
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Perfect for gathering space, mountain get away, family, events, retreats etc.
$360/night–Unit 1: Downstairs, 2BD, 1BA, SLP 6 & Unit 2–Upstairs–3BD, 2BA, SLP 8
If you are wishing for peaceful escape to the oldest mountains, consider yourself invited to retreat in the privacy of High Tower. Located in Swannanoa, NC there is easy access to Asheville and Black Mountain. High Tower is tucked away in a cove, and perched up overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains with long distance views of the pristine forests of the Asheville watershed and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is easy to enjoy it here all times of year, the summers are cool on this mountain slope and outdoor activities are plentiful.
Spacious and secure, this is a fun mountainside chalet. Your rental includes both units, each on separate stories with their own private entrances and kitchen/living rooms. It is well equipped with 5 car parking spaces, air-conditioning, and a hot tub. No smoking inside, please. Some pets are permitted with prior written approval.
The upper residence has three bedrooms, two baths, and sleeps 8. There is a queen size bed, a full bed, two twin beds and a fold out queen. The lower residence has two bedrooms, one bath, and sleeps 6. There is a full bed, two twin beds and a fold out queen. The spacious home is decorated and fully furnished. There are separate decks accessed from the living room and the bedrooms.
A lookout tower is reached via a ladder from the upper unit. Conveniently, the owners have a 10-acre forest farm that is located off a private drive minutes below the High Tower. Many grocery stores, shops, video rentals and restaurants are quickly accessible in Swannanoa, Black Mountain, and Asheville. Swannanoa is 5 miles from the chalet, and only 9 miles from the quaint town of Black Mountain. Asheville and Pisgah National Forest are within 10 miles.
Gas fireplace, wireless internet access, electric stove and oven, central heat and air, refrigerator with ice maker, radio, alarm clock, ceiling fans,TV, VCR, DVD player, games, telephone, full kitchen, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, toaster, linens, cookware, utensils, and soaps provided. A Jacuzzi is set in beautiful private wooded glen. Covered carport space for 3+ cars is available on site.
Activities and Attractions in Asheville
High Tower is easily accessible to numerous attractions including the Biltmore Estate, the town of Black Mountain, and, Montreat, and both Mission and VA Hospitals. Only 3 miles from Warren Wilson College and sharing Camp Rockmont's ridgeline (location of the LEAF Festival). The Blue Ridge Parkway's Folk Art Center is on the way into delightful historic downtown Asheville. Museums including those for art, history, crafts, automobiles, gems and minerals are in the area as well as the historic Thomas Wolfe Home, Smith McDowell House Museum, and Vance Birthplace. The more adventurous will easily find white water rafting, rock climbing, snow skiing, horse back riding, and hiking available. The natural beauty of the area is featured in the local Nature Center, Asheville Botanical Gardens and the Arboretum, as well as nearby Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, and Grandfather Mountain. Innumerable restaurants tempt the palate with a wide range of cuisines. The Asheville Civic Center and local theaters are venues for many types of shows, and sporting events. The area is well known as home to skilled folk arts, local agriculture, and exceptional breweries. The tailgate farmer's markets are plentiful and offer fine crafts and fresh local produce. There is plenty to see and do in the area besides simply take in its natural beauty.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
ask for Joe or Debbie
Member since: 2014
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 10-14
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom is shared by bedroom 2&3. Bedroom 1 has private bathroom.
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Pantry Items:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $100 + tax
- Pet Fee $30
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Tax Rate 13%
Rates are subject to change until rental occurs. The price per night listed is the lowest rate. Higher rate applies to rental of larger unit. Bargain price if both units are rented together.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
• Spring Festivals & Events: Street festivals, art tours, flower show and much more. Most are free to attend.
• Chocolate, beer, zip lines and much more.
• Restaurants: Delicious culinary scene with many farm-to-table, locally owned restaurants and world-class dining.
• Biltmore Blooms: Their festival of flowers (March 20-May 23) includes 75,000 tulips, amazing orchids, massive azalea gardens and more.
• Blue Ridge Parkway: Plan your adventures with our Top 50 things to do along one of America's most scenic drives.
• Beer: Cheers! to our Beer City with 20 craft breweries in western North Carolina. Walk to many of them in downtown Asheville.
• Top 50 Waterfalls: Discover our many waterfalls. Most are in state and federal parks with no admission fee.
• Top 50 Hikes: Take a hike to appreciate the natural mountain splendor with options for all fitness levels.
• Great Outdoors: The Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains have limitless options for nature lovers, incluiding Zipline Canopy Tours and Whitewater Rafting.
• Spring Packages & Specials: Find current vacation packages and great deals for hotels, cabins and B&Bs.
• Spa & Massage: Rest and rejunvenate with a wellness day for you and your sweetie.
• Madison County: Hike the Appalachian Trail, raft the French Broad River and soak in the Hot Springs.
• Art Galleries: Discover amazing creations in hundreds of art galleries, River Arts District, art festivals, shows and tours.
• Chimney Rock Park: Ride the elevator to the top or hike up the famous rock formation with scenic views overlooking Lake Lure.
• Romantic Spots: Create lifetime memories with your sweetie.
Year Purchased: 2014
About: The Holmes' are from Columbia, SC. Son, Everest, manages the High Tower vacation rental in Swannanoa, NC. Our passion is to create a place where other people can come to retreat at an enjoyable mountain home of peaceful relaxation and plenty of fun!
Why Swannanoa, NC, USA:
Joe and Debbie both graduated from college in Western NC, love the mountains in the Asheville area and vowed to come back to retire. It’s wonderful to share the delightful High Tower with you and your loved ones and friends. For we know it is perfect here at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Everest lives in Swannanoa, NC just minutes away from the High Tower where he is creating a forest farm of demonstration and discovery for the community and travelers alike to enjoy homesteading experience, the ecological abundance, and tranquil nature trails.
- Primary: +1 8037909822 ask for Joe or Debbie
- Secondary: + 8033511073 cell phone number
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.