Rent Our Milkbarn on Our Farm and Enjoy Your Own Private 2 Acre Catfishing Pond(2 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Pond view & Sleeping for 16 folks on your private farm with a 2 acre pond.
Now YOU can rent our modern Milkbarn and farm for your family or corporate get-a-way overnight. This Milkbarn houses up to 16 folks comfortably and even includes use of the Milkhouse for a game room / meeting room for the family.
Why is it modern? From WIFI to LED Lighting throughout this Milkbarn has beautiful open spaces that will satisfy geeks and family alike! Even our bunk beds include USB plugins, handy for todays iphones, ipads and other gadgets.
Love to cook? We have a gas cooktop range, large stainless fridge and a large tiled galley style kitchen made just for you. Whether it's waking up to fresh biscuits and gravy or making some farmhouse coffee to enjoy the view from our large covered porch, this kitchen has what you need.
We have a Milkhouse that serves as a kids game room for indoor activities... but the farm it'self IS A GAME ROOM! That is right. With our 2 acre lake you can fish for catfish, use the 3 man canoe, have a campfire on the sandy beach area, play horse shoes, cornhole, basketball, pingpong, catch some tadpoles, swing on swings, lay on the hammocks or docks and enjoy the wifi everywhere.
IF YOU HAVE KIDS! Please ONLY let them see the listing if you WANT TO STAY HERE. (Otherwise they will drive you nuts to have a private farm for a few days!)
Our 2 Acre Pond - The centerpiece of our farm is our super neat freshwater 2 acre Pond.
Things to do on the water -
1. Fishing for catfish. This is a great past time. You are guaranteed to catch them! (We even offer and evening of a fishing guide as an option. The guide will even teach fishing, baiting and catfish knowledge. If you love to fish or are just a beginner, you will love our pond. Make yourself a meal pond side that your family will remember forever. (Fishing license is NOT required on the farm as we hold a TN fish-out license for our farm.
2. Redneck Beaching. Yes we have a large sandy beach area on the side of the pond. This spot is great for catching some rays while the kids build sand castles. Sink your toes in the sand and have a great day at the redneck beach! This is the best place to have a do-it-yourself smores location with a campfire.
3. Floating dock. We have a great 'T' shapped small floating dock. This is great to put your feet off and chill. It also is a great place to park the canoe or load unload. We keep our canoe parked there for easy on and off loading. Get some great exercise and fun with a few laps around the pond
4. Canoe. We have a 3 man canoe for traveling our pond. This is a safe event for most kids as our water is no more than 3 ft deep in any section. Life vests are available. Endless trips to an fro is great day of exercise and fun.
5. Island. We have what we call the 'Rose Island'. This is a small island in the pond that has beautiful grouping of red 'knockout' roses. Great for kids to explore on.
6. Deck. We have a large deck that has steps leading down to the waters edge. This is a great spot to enjoy the shade of our cover of willow branches. (great for ones not wanting so much sun).
7. Swimming. Yes it is a pond. Yes it is a clean pond as ponds go. Our kids and many others really enjoy a dip in the Pond. The mud is deep and the kids AND the Catfish love it!
You can enjoy sleeping for 16 in on our property with beds and in season offer a fishhouse option sleeping area for two next to the pond.
Milkhouse - Our milkhouse is great for family meetings or just hanging out for a game of outdoor ping pong on the large deck. Our deck has many red and white picnic tables.
-Bathroom - Our milkhouse has a restroom that has exterior and interior access.
-Galley Kitchenette - We also have a kitchenette with sink, coffee maker (Keurig), microwave, toaster oven and utensils you need.
-Conference Room - The great room has seating for up to 30 folks. This room has a hand washing sink and 2 40 inch Sony flat screens. These are connected to broadcast digital television, 'mirrored' to a windows 7 PC and mirrored to a BlueRay DVD player!
-The Office - The office is a great place for working (IF YOU MUST) it has access to a fax machine, WIFI, 2 Windows-7 PC's, Color printer, Apple TV, 42inch Samsung TV, ChromeCaster and round meeting table. This room also has a stereo hooked to the indoor/outdoor speakers and can be controlled by the PC or the reciever.
The milkbarn is our main housing area. This is the main sleeping area and cooking area. The milkbarn has sleeping for 14. (2 more can sleep in the fishhouse). The
The Stage- This is where the smooching or the rocking happens. It is a great place to get married, enjoy a show or just relax on the hammocks. This Stage has lights and electrical outlets and a beautiful garden all around. This spot has a great view of the farm as well and makes a GREAT destination for the horse and carriage to deliver the bride on her wedding day next to the water or just a relaxing with one of our hammocks at the stage.
Swings- As a child I remember competing with other grandchildren for the swing on the front porch of my grandmothers house. Her house was located deep in Grainger County Tennessee at North side of the base of Clinch Mountain. It was fun to swing even on hot August days when we would visit from Michigan. Everyone seemed to have more time to listen and share stories because of that swing. It was a simple wood slat swing but always seemed to fit right. That swing is a big reason for the 'swing locations' around our property. It makes a good excuse for a group of 2 or 3 to find a destination to walk to and and talk. Being on the farm is about being relaxed. An old time wooden swing is just another reason to talk and relax. Try all the swings when you come. Enjoy all the views that each swing has to offer. Walk, Swing and enjoy.
- Cherokee Lake and Cherokee Dam are just over the hill from our farm. We can connect you to fisherman guides as well as pontoon rentals and more. There is so much to do in this area including a visit to the Gatlinburg just an hour away for great shopping or a hike.
Locally we have great golfing available from as close as 2 miles to Lost Creek golf course (google the story of lost creek) and many others in a 20 mile radius.
After a stay at our Milkhouse and farm your family will take something home that you can't put a price on.... Memories.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your family at the Milkbarn on CedarPondFarm.com
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 5500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 16
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Children are welcome and we offer some optional 'guides' who can provide evening fishing training. At your option we also will even provide a fish guide pondside to help you with the fish you catch for an additional fee. Kids love the farm from youngsters to teenagers. Not only are the outdoorsy types having fun but the farm wide wifi network and underground charging outlets sure helps the geeks enjoy a socially connected visit. We encourage tweets / Instagram and Facebooks using #cedarpondfarms all you like! If you kid loves sports they will love the farm. We have paddleboarding, canoeing, horseshoes, basketball, volleyball, cornhole, ziplines, and more. Chickens, Don't forget the chickens. We have chickens on the farm. They are tame and fun to watch and pet! You might find it hard for your kids to leave them behind! Kids love the farm and will have memories to last a lifetime here. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets Not Allowed:
We do not allow pets due to allergies in our overnight stays. We do not allow them on the farm as well because they tend to chase and kill our beloved chickens. Enjoy our pet chickens during our stay if you like! If you happen to be afraid of chickens we are glad to keep them in their pen during your stay. ...moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 14-16
- We can house up to 16 with two roll-a-ways we have for downstairs.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- I KNOW what YOU are thinking... mosquitoes... I know it sounds impossible but we have few. You can bring your spray to make you happy but you will go home with a pretty full bottle! Our farm has many options to enjoy. We can make your stay special with staff beyond your included cleaning. - We have 'guides' you can choose for each night. - 150.00/night -The Pond Fisherman evening- This includes one of our great local folks as your catfish guide. He will teach your family how to fish for them. - 225/day -Another local flavor option is our daily country breakfast meal. This option is great for up to 22 folks and includes the southern staples: Biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, home made jams. There will be plenty to have for lunch or snack later. This is provided by a local caterer. Have questions? Reach out via our contact information. We love to text 865-300-5397...moreless
Our Milkhouse is our game room for your stay! A great place for the kids to play electronic games, \ping pong and other games, without interrupting parents. The milkhouse has a kitchenette & 1/2 bath...moreless
We have lots of board games and outdoor activiites like: Basketball, Soccer, Football, Outdoor PingPong, Sand Volleyball and badmitten (at the beach), Horse shoes, archery for kids (optional w/guide)....moreless
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
You have seating for 12 at the tables and 4 at the bar next to it. Then we have seating for as many as 16 more on the covered porch at tables. There is another 30-50 seating in open areas on decks....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 22 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
We have an outdoor balcony at the Milkbarn overlooking the farm. This is an awesome place for coffee in the mornings. You can even watch the chickens from up there as they get their breakfast....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Lanai / Gazebo:
We have a large pavillion for cooking and just hanging out with the family. We also have a Gas Grill and a fresh water sink. If you elect to grill out we have lot's of tables there for gathering. ...moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Ski & Snowboard:
Water Sports Gear:
Zipline- Yes we have a zipline into the pond. Great for kids or adults. We have a rule you MUST scream - YeeHaw as you go down. Pontoon rentals - available for Cherokee Lake call Matt 865-742-1355...moreless
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- End of Stay Cleaning Fee $150
Overnight Single stays for Weddings Events can be purchased for a discount/night.
Texting is great! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 865-300-5397
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Dollywood Splash Country and Dollywood Theme park are just 1 hour away!
One of the areas great fishing, sailing and waterskiing is Cherokee Lake just 5 miles away.
CedarPondFarms also offers Event Rates for receptions and corporate events -
Base Overnight daily rate:
$1,000 for the day and less than 75 folks are attending your event, your price would be $2,000. See the chart below.
Use of all requested farm buildings, pond, beach, dock, swings, stages and structures, as well as white padded folding chairs for up to 200 guests, outdoor seating for 200 guests, use of any of our on-property roses for decor on the tables, one photo farm session on a different day, use of the milkhouse for air-conditioned changing area and 'ready room'.
EVENT RATES BELOW Price for your event
*Base Overnight: For any group event a min base overnight stay is required of one night. Up to 12 folks can stay in the MilkBarn on the farm. This base overnight stay can be spent prior to or after your event date.
Holiday Tn - Wilmoth Properties
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We are a family that loves family time and travel! We travel to Europe as a family and love making our East Tennessee farm our home. We love spending time on the dock or grilling out at the pavillion or just making smores on one of our outdoor firepits!
Why the Owner Chose New Market, TN, USA:
You choose this property for one reason. Family time. Our farm has lot's to keep you busy for your stay. Kids love our place, and they will talk to you for years about the time they caught a catfish. Another good reason to choose us is for your wedding! We can host up to 350 persons for the day as well as offer overnight accommodations for 16 for the wedding party. Corporate or business events are perfect to rent the farm for just a day or an overnight retreat! We have lots of room in our Milkhouse for up to 30-50 persons with tables. We have all the tech you need as well with flat screen monitors and an entire farm that is a huge hot spot.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
You will not find many places that get your family and friends 30 acres of private country living for your stay. This property is awsome and even offers one of the best lakes in the region for other water sports just 4 miles away! - Cherokee lake offers great fishing and we can even offer a fishing guide for a fee. Our guide could be blindfolded and dropped from in the middle of Cherokee Lake and take you directly to the best fishing nearby that spot. This guy has fished this lake all his life and is a great guy to fish with. His fee is reasonable and you will truly enjoy your day on the lake. Oh yeah, he'll make sure you take some supper home... Food. A great option for our property is to have a meal prepared for you in our kitchen for your family. The meal is comprised with southern cooking and hospitality in mind. Expect to have left overs for snacks! This is again a special part of your stay. You can enjoy this each day or you can just have breakfast made for you on certain days. Pond guide. Our lake fishing guide is available also for an evening of fishing on the pond. This is a great way to introduce your family to fishing for catfish. You can bet your family will always remember fishing as the sun goes down and having caught fish on the side of our pond! We also think that your stay should include great photos. You of course can take your own or have a photographer come and take photos one evening. The sitting fee in modest and the prints are purchased as you like. All in all our family farm is a unbelieveable experience. We hope you will enjoy.
- Primary: +01 1 (865) 300-5397
- Fax: +1 8654716805
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Incandescent string lights great for the 2 firepits and hanging out on the porch
This is our 'redneck beach' it is sand filled and ready for fun or a wedding!
This is our great floating dock. Great for fishing or sunning. Relax w/Canoe!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.