About the property
- Cottage1200 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
2 Bedroom/1.5 Bath Private Cottage Sleeps 4 and Steps to the Beach
I have named my beach cottage La Sauterelle – French for cricket – in honor of the copper cricket weather vane that has graced the top of my beach home for many years. The cricket is a symbol of good luck but I do not have them in the house!
This single family cottage is at the end of one of the last sandy lanes in Dewey Beach. It is only 50 yards or so back from the sand dunes, beach and ocean at the end of the street. Perfect for quick trips back and forth from the beach for lunch, snacks, refreshments or naps for the little ones. No major streets to cross in this residential area. And you can easily stroll to all the restaurants and entertainment in Dewey. Or hop the Jolly Trolley on the corner for a quick fun open-air ride into Rehoboth Beach which is just one short mile up the road.
This two-story, two-bedroom, 1.5 bath home is a classic cedar-shingled cottage. Tastefully furnished combined living and dining areas, fully equipped and modern kitchen, one bedroom (queen size bed) and one full bath on the ground floor. A side entrance leads to a wonderful outdoor shower. The circular staircase takes you to the loft bedroom (king size bed) on the second floor with an adjoining half bath. An entrance off the second floor leads you to a dramatic roof deck with upholstered patio furniture, table and umbrella. Perfect for enjoying the ocean breeze, sunset and evening cocktails.
This well-maintained home features warm pine paneling throughout, tongue and groove wood ceilings, vaulted ceiling in the dining/kitchen area with skylights, gleaming hardwood floors in the living areas, and carpeting in the cozy loft bedroom. The living room features ample upscale seating with one full size sofa and one love seat. Customer window blinds and treatments throughout.
There is a small deck/stoop on the front with one dedicated parking spot on the size. The home has cable TV, wifi, stereo, baseboard heating and AC.
Occupancy limited to four.
I invite you to view a video tour of my home.
Thanks so much for considering La Sauterelle for your beach vacation. Hope to see you in Dewey Beach.
Small pets are allowed for an additional fee and upon pre-approval by the owner.
Rents by the week in season, Saturday-to-Saturday. Shorter stays based on availability, contact owner.
• Patio door entry into the living area.
• Two upscale leather sofas in the living room – one full and one loveseat. Ample seating.
• Cable HDTV, DVD, stereo and Internet Wifi.
• Three TVs – one in the living room, and one in each bedroom.
• Kitchen/dining room is furnished with a big dining table and has all the equipment you might need, including a dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, oven, microwave, gas stove, and enough cutlery, utensils, plates, pots and pans for a small gathering. Coffee-maker, blender and all standard equipment is supplied.
• Two bedrooms – one on the first floor with a queen size bed and one in the second floor loft with a king size bed. Designer bed coverings with comfortable updated mattresses.
• Full size washer and dryer in the first floor bathroom.
• 1.5 Bathrooms – one full bath with tub and shower on the first floor and one half bath on the second floor. Additional outdoor shower on the side of the home.
• Ceiling fans throughout.
• Gas barbeque grill.
• Parking for one mid-size car on the side of the cottage.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 23, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Charming Beach Cottage
We stayed at this beautiful cottage for a few days. We were a party of 5 adults, and it was very comfortable, has everything that you need, and is steps from the ocean! Bring your bikes, easy ride to the Rehoboth boardwalk. To be completely honest, I had trouble getting my family out of the house! We spent all day at the beach, came back to the house, & enjoyed a cocktail on the rooftop deck, while getting dinner ready. We also brought a ladder & ball game, which we set up in the driveway, so much fun! Although there were TV's in every room, not once did anyone turn them on. We enjoyed each other's company, and created great memories! The rental agent Michael and the owner Nancy were a pleasure to work with. They were very accommodating, and made the rental process a breeze. Would definetly come back, loved it!
Thank you so much for your very kind words about your stay at the little cottage. I look forward to having you return for another memorable stay