Built in 1816, Vanderlip Hutchings House is centrally located in the heart of historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, one block from Queen Street and steps to pubs, shops, restaurants, art galleries and the Shaw Theatre. North America’s oldest golf course is just five minutes away.
The house, built immediately after the War of 1812, underwent renovations that added two extensions to the original structure. It is presently 3000 square feet of modern luxurious living space, yet keeps many of the original features and all of its charm.
The main floor’s four original rooms retain the original working fireplaces.
On this level you have the spacious, well-furnished master bedroom, which has a king-size bed and modern en-suite bathroom.
The main floor gourmet kitchen is fully equipped for discerning chefs. It also has a large gathering/sitting area for your family or guests.
Immediately adjoining, but separate from the kitchen, is an elegant dining room (formerly the original “parlour”) with seating for eight. It has a gas fireplace.
The “Morning Room” next to the kitchen, is an inviting, light-filled space dominated by south-facing windows and is perfect for reading, relaxing or games. Outside the kitchen is a private outdoor bistro seating area, ideal for enjoying morning coffee and the local paper.
The second floor has two tastefully furnished bedrooms with period antiques and an ultra modern bathroom.
At the far end of the house is the Great Room, a large main-floor open area, with an imposing fireplace, generously furnished for entertaining, socializing, or relaxing. The Great Room has a queen sized pull out couch to accommodate two additional guests. Adjacent to the Great Room is a brand new 4 piece bathroom.
The house is surrounded by private lush gardens for your own enjoyment.
We know you will enjoy your stay at our home. Welcome!
Some of the amenities:
• 3 bedrooms (one King, one Queen, two Twins)
• Queen-size pull out couch in Great Room
• Soft, luxurious linens and towels, Neob lavender and lemongrass soaps
• Two 3-piece bathrooms with glass shower enclosures
• One 4-piece master bathroom
• Fully equipped 6-piece kitchen
• Coffee maker, toaster, kettle, microwave
• Complimentary coffee/tea supplies
• Laundry – washer, dryer, iron, ironing board
• iPod docking station with AM/FM radio
• Two flat screen TVs, DVD player
• Free WiFi
• Assorted board games, books, magazines, DVDs
• Air Conditioning
• Napoleon Gas BBQ; Outdoor dining for 8
• Bistro seating area for morning coffee
• English style, beautifully landscaped, private garden with ivy and Victorian water feature
• Private parking (3 spaces)
• Rental Type House
• Minimum Stay 3 nights
• Living Space 3,000 square feet
• Bedrooms 3
• Bathrooms 3
• Sleeps 8
• No Pets allowed
• No Smoking allowed
• Suitable for children
• Suitable for elderly
• Wheelchair accessible