La Casa Verde ~ Great Location~ Near U of a & Downtown
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Location! Location! Location!
Welcome to La Casa Verde, ideally located in the Lost Barrio; a small, colorful shopping district tucked away in a neighborhood a few blocks south of the University of Arizona. Surrounded by many of Tucson's historic neighborhoods; Armory Park, Iron Horse, Pie Allen, Barrio San Antonio and Sam Hughes, the artisans of Tucson discovered the Lost Barrio. It is here where you will find your perfect getaway home in the heart of Tucson.
La Casa Verde is a charming historic two bedroom one bath 1920’s bungalow home within walking distance to downtown, Tucson’s vibrant nightlife, 4th Avenue’s eclectic shops and restaurants, and the University of Arizona; “Go ‘Cats!”. The space is bright and has been lovingly decorated to reflect the uniqueness of the house and the neighborhood. Wood and brick floors are softened by warm colors that create a soothing and comfortable atmosphere.
This fully outfitted historic home has a complete kitchen with a gas stove/oven, granite counter top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, full size refrigerator, cooking and eating utensils, basic cooking spices/ingredients, dishes, pots/pans, wine glasses and cocktail glasses. Enjoy a meal inside at the antique dining table that seats four or use the bbq grill and enjoy the front patio. The front patio is also great to enjoy your morning coffee or an evening cocktail while watching the beautiful Arizona sunrise and sunsets.
The master bedroom sleeps two comfortably on a queen bed with soft linens. The second bedroom has a sleeper sofa, a cool old desk and vintage lockers to store your belongings. The second room can accommodate one to two (small) sleepers on the sleeper sofa that has a memory foam topper when used as a bed. The home’s bathroom features a newly tiled shower/bathtub and soft towels.
Relax, read or watch TV on the leather couch and rocking chair, or just play some games, in the living room. The property has a washer/dryer, central A/C and heat, free WiFi, and Netflix video streaming. There is a full size bike and child’s bike available for use.
Tucson is known for its paved bike paths, two of which converge in the Lost Barrio just blocks away from Casa Verde. The Arroyo Chico bike path is found within 40 meters from your front gate. It circles the Arroyo Chico and takes you to the Kino Sports Complex. Your second bike path at the end of Park Street is the Aviation Parkway bike path. It takes the biker, walker, or jogger from downtown Tucson all the way out to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
From the house, walk to downtown Tucson’s music venues, museums, film, theater and downtown Tucson’s new restaurant row; home to numerous winners of the Best of Tucson to the newest, hippest downtown eateries, micro-breweries and bars. Take the trolley to eclectic 4th Avenue with its many restaurants, coffee shops, bars and unique shops. The University of Arizona and University Avenue shops restaurants are also just blocks away. La Casa Verde’s central location makes it very easy to access just about any of Tucson’s hot spots in a matter of minutes.
A short drive will get you to even more museums, parks, botanical gardens, public swimming pool, tennis courts, golf courses, horseback riding, rock climbing or hiking through the picturesque Sonoran Desert. A few of those points of interests are the Arizona State Museum, Reid Park that's home to the Tucson Zoo and public golf course, Puma Air&Space Museum, Mission San Xavier, Sabino Canyon, Ventana Canyon, the Saguaro National Park and world famous Arizona Sonora Desert Museum where you can find over 200 animals and over 1,200 different plants that all are found in the Sonora Desert.
Life is good in the Desert
Well behaved pets are welcome with approval and additional cleaning fee. Please no house parties and no smoking in the house or on the property.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2015
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 16 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 31, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $100
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Cleaning Fee $100
- Taxes Not included
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
8. Parking: Available on the gravel driveway or on the street.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located at the side of the house.
11. Fireplace: The fireplace is not operational at this time. Please do not use the fireplace.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
La Casa Verde's master bedroom with a queen size bed, ceiling fan, wood floors
Antique desk in second bedroom to use for work away from home or pleasure
Antique dining table can seat 4 to enjoy a meal from the fully equipped kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen with new granite counter top and sink
Comfy antique rocking chair in the living room to help you relax
La Casa Verde's bathroom with new sink vanity, industrial metal piping fixtures
Newly tiled shower/tub with great water pressure!
Weber gas grill for your grilling delight
One of the great bike trials just minutes away from La Casa Verde
Tooley Cafe is located two blocks away from La Casa Verde
University of Arizona just blocks away from La Casa Verde
Trolley takes you from University Ave, 4th Ave to Downtown for great fun!
Front Porch of La Casa Verde
Second bedroom has sleeper sofa that accommodates 1-2 sleepers, vintage lockers
Supplies for a cocktail, wine or beer of choice to enjoy on the front porch
Livingroom to sit, relax, read, watch television or play a card/board game
Fun collection of photos, odd and ends that we hope you enjoy viewing
'Jack and Jill' style bathroom with access from both bedrooms
BEST place to enjoy your morning coffee or evening beverage on the front porch
Washer/Dryer inside the house for your personal use
The Lost Barrio Shopping District
One of the many interesting shops in The Lost Barrio just a stroll from the casa
University Avenue shops and restaurants which dead ends right into campus
Come and enjoy the peaceful beauty of the desert in La Casa Verde!
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM