About the property
- House3000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 12-14)
The house is beautiful, five-bedroom (sleeps 14), two-and-one-half-bath home in a lovely woodland setting. Fully furnished including cable TV, free wireless Internet, and DVD/VCR. In the resort area, close to the ski lodge, golf course, and restaurants; within a short drive of the internationally acclaimed Skyline Drive.
New this year (2017): All new furniture, Air Hockey Table, hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, and new vanities (pictures will be up shortly). Sorry, pets are not accepted.
For more information or reservations, please call.
What to do? There is no shortage of options in the Valley:
* Massanutten Resort resort offers 27 holes of golf, skiing, snowboarding, and snowtubing as well as hiking, fishing, horseback riding, swimming, and miniature golf; Encounters Lounge brings in live bands for your entertainment; several eateries are located inside the resort.
* Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are easily accessible for four-season hiking and scenic drives (severe winter weather may close drive), horseback riding, and breathtaking views.
* George Washington National Forest to the west offers mountain biking, hiking, fishing, swimming in natural ponds, and hunting; an alternative site on 'GW' can be found on the gorp site.
* In addition, Lakewood and Spottswood golf courses are located within ten minutes of the house.
* Public swimming is available at the resort and at nearby at Swift Run and other locations.
* The Blue Ridge Angler is the local authority on fly-fishing and guided fishing trips.
* Shenandoah River Outfitters and Massanutten River Adventures provide river trips on the scenic Shenandoah via canoe, kayak, etc.
* Chalot's Antiques is one of many antique shops in the area.
* There are many spectacular underground caverns open to the public; Shenandoah Caverns and Endless Caverns are the most popular.
* No trip to Luray is complete without a stop at the Luray Reptile Center.
* The New Market Battlefield is open year round with an interpretive museum and car tours; each May, a re-enactment of the Civil War battle is held with thousands of uniformed soldiers.
* The Virginia Quilt Museum, Shenandoah Valley Folk Art and Heritage Center, Fort Harrison, and the Port Republic Museum are a few of many popular museums in the area.
* Silver Lake Mill and the Dayton Farmer's Market are popular destinations in Dayton.
* Coors Brewery and Merck Pharmaceuticals are located within 15 minutes of the house.
* James Madison University is eight miles from the property; Bridgewater College and Eastern Mennonite University are nearby as well.
* For more information about the area, see Shenandoah Valley Web, Shenandoah Valley Travel Association, Shenandoah Adventures, Harrisonburg Rockingham Convention and Visitors Bureau, or the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce.
Keywords: House, Home Rental, Vacation Rental
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Large quaint home nestled in the woods
The home suited our needs well for 8 adults. Although many things were new, some areas could use a little TLC. The home had an abundance of coffe filters but was a little low on toilet paper and paper towels for 8 adults for 6 days. The game rooms provided great entertainment as well as some of the board games that were on hand. The wifi did not work well, even though it appeared to be connected, many things did not load. Overall the home is good for a family getaway and the area is breathtaking. Thank you for your hospitality.
Great Location, Great time
We had an amazing time staying at the house, it was clean and great location.
The only reason I gave it 4 starts its because of couple of things.
1. Wifi wasn't working and called to let them and I was told someone will call me back and that didn't happen. ( We usually unplug anyways so I didn't mind but wanted to call it out. )
2. The house is a bit old so minor upgrades are needed.
3. The layout of the house didn't work well for us. There are 2.5 bathrooms which is great but one of the bathrooms is in the master bedroom so everyone that stayed on the main floor would go downstairs to take a shower if someone was in the bedroom.
Great for my purpose
I stayed at this property from Friday-Sunday to celebrate my son's 10th birthday with 9 of his closest friends. The property was a boys paradise with the game room and a short commute to the Resort. I rated the house 4 stars because while it was clear recent renovations were done there were areas in the house that needed a little TLC. However, with 10-10 year olds not having a brand new house allowed me not to worry so much about keeping everything in perfect order.
The house came with 3 televisions but we brought an additional one that we set-up downstairs. The television in the master room was older but worked perfectly. We also brought our own towels and wash clothes (which was needed). On the plus side, the water in the house was hot after 10 showers following our trip to the indoor pool. Parking was a challenge and the house was hard to find when we arrived but we made due. And the property manager was excellent.
Overall, I would highly recommend this place and would stay again for a similar event.
Great place to stay
Plenty of room for our mini vacation. We had six adults and one child and we still had room and plenty of entertainment... We will definitely stay here again.
Nice decor, loved the air hockey table with the lights and sounds etc. plenty of room
Driveway was challenging but it’s s holly city so I’m sure it can’t be avoided. Had a wonderful time with family and everyone was very comfortable there. Lots of options for eating out and activities.
Wonderful place for family
We had a wonderful time with 4 children and 7 adults!
The home owner responded right away to questions. The caretaker said he’d take care of a few minor things and we never saw him.
I would recommend a stay here for families.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Military Discount Rate - $275 a night (minimum 2 nights) or $1350 weekly rate Veterans Day Reserved for Veterans - Special Rate applies $250 a night (minimum 2 nights)