This cabin was rented the old-fashioned way for years to many happy guests. First listed on VRBO in the fall of 2015, the cabin has the same manager as our neighboring "Lonestar" cabin, VRBO listing 380723 (with excellent reviews for management responsiveness and quality guest experiences).
Horse Creek Hideaway is a classic and comfortable Colorado mountain cabin. It offers guests a rare and secluded spot just 12 miles from Estes Park, and just minutes from RMNP's Wild Basin trail head, the Wild Basin Lodge, Livery, and Meeker Park. Restaurants, shopping and many outdoor activities are just a short drive away from the cabin. Caretaker is close to the cabin if any issues arise. There is parking for up to 3 cars. The road off the main highway to the cabin is a dirt road and accessible by all types of vehicles. However, ATV's of any type are not allowed on the road near the cabin.
That said, many of our guests don’t leave the cabin once they arrive! A beautiful creek descends along the three-acre property—small sand beaches and rocky pools allow guests of all ages to delight in the stream’s small trout, wildflowers, birds and the peaceful sounds of a bubbling brook.
Located on its own three acres, the cabin also offers private access to nearby hiking or mountain biking trails (up to deer ridge, or over to “eagles rock.” an easy 15 minute stroll down to the Saint Vrain river reveals larger trout and stunning views of this majestic and seldom-visited wilderness setting. With little public access in the area, it is uncommon to see another person on these hikes from the cabin.
Built in the 1940s, with an addition in the 1990s, the cabin has a cozy charm with modern conveniences. A large deck in back, shaded by pine trees, allows guests to gather outside for a barbeque or just to relax at the picnic table, hammock, or even sand box area.
More information about the cabin, sleeping arrangements, etc.:
• pet friendly
• sleeps 6-8 (more via roll-out couch and blowup bed if needed), guests over 6 is $25/per night per person. Maximum of 8 guests.
• master bedroom on main level with California king bed
• second bedroom with king bed (upper level)
• third bedroom with two twin beds (upper level)
• 1 bathroom with shower, and a half bath
• spacious living room with wood burning fireplace (wood provided)
• dining area with table that seats 6 comfortably
• spacious game room with satellite tv and a fold out sofa
• fully equipped kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, blender, etc.
• deck with large gas grill, picnic table and hammock
• sandbox with trucks, etc.