On the Rio Grande River!! Rinconada Rio Grande Retreat
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
From the moment you see the Rio Grande River from our Great Room you know that your Rio Grande Retreat experience will be very special. Our house is located just 20 minutes south of Taos in the village of Rinconada situated in the heart of northern New Mexico, between Taos and Santa Fe, right on the banks of the Rio Grande River. Whether you visit in the spring when thousands of flowers are in bloom, the summer when our orchard is producing a variety of delicious fruit, the fall when giant cottonwoods are ablaze with color, or the winter with the opportunity to ski at five different ski areas within an hour's travel time, all four seasons will be memorable.
With over three acres of grounds, your Rio Grande Retreat provides all the privacy you will ever desire. The ample and well-maintained gardens and fruit orchards enhance the natural beauty of the red sandstone vistas to the south and the fertile tree-lined banks of the Rio Grande River to the north.
Welcome to our 3400-square-foot, authentic, New Mexico, territorial-style home! It is ideal for a romantic getaway for two and comfortably accommodates six people in our three plus one bedrooms. Your Rinconada Retreat experience begins in the exterior courtyard with an outdoor sofa and chairs. It is the perfect place for sun-filled conversations or bird watching!
Great Room: The 900-square-foot great room with vaulted ceilings will most likely be the focal point of your indoor activities. An oversized leather sofa plus a reclining loveseat face the rosewood armoire that holds a 36-inch TV. We have Direct TV with over 100 -channels. Another area of the great room features a large, natural gas, kiva fireplace.
Kitchen: Our extra-large kitchen is part of the great room and is fully equipped with Jenn-air gas stove, side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with chilled water and dishwasher. There is a microwave, coffee maker, and toaster oven, as well as fun extras such as a Belgium waffle maker and a fruit juicer. A teak kitchen table and chairs provide for informal dining or playing cards.
Dining Room: The separate dining room has the ambiance of a historic Mexican hacienda with a fabulous nine-foot long mesquite table made from an antique Mexican door and surrounded by six hand-crafted, wood and leather chairs. A rustic sofa table adorned with authentic Mexican retablos and a beautifully laid brick floor with radiant heating complete the historic mood of this distinctive room.
Three Bedrooms: The huge master bedroom has an en suite bathroom, and soothing views of the Rio Grande River. Two of our bedrooms have king-sized beds and one has twin beds. Each room has luxurious linens and southwestern-style furniture.
Bathrooms: There are three bathrooms - two full and one powder room. The master bathroom has two Mexican sinks, extra-tall counters, and a walk-in shower.
Studio: You can use the studio/workshop to create the art or craft projects that New Mexico always inspires. Or, you can use the space for extra sleeping.
Hot Tub: Watch the Rio Grande while relaxing in a large, Hot Springs hot tub that sits in the screened-in porch just off the great room.
Extras: Hair dryers, washer/dryer, dishwasher, iron, ironing board, and first-aid kit.
* Rio Grande River - Our home has a large, private, river-front area (it changes with each rain). Imagine fishing for trout on your own secluded beach!
* Gazebo - Enjoy outdoor dining on the river's edge in the kiva-style gazebo with large picnic table.
* Firepit - The firepit is down by the river and has an electric rotisserie spit that is wonderful for barbecuing or smoking meat. Chairs and sitting logs provide plenty of comfort for night time camp fires with an unparalleled view of the brightest star-scape in the United States.
* Orchard - The orchard features three kinds of apples, two types of pears, peaches, apricots, nectarines, and two types of walnuts, and table grapes. You are invited to pick some fruit for your use while staying at the retreat.
* It is all about art (and shopping) - You are just 50 minutes from Santa Fe's world-famous art galleries, museums, shopping, and gourmet or casual restaurants. Santa Fe is third worldwide for art sales, behind only New York and London. Taos, just 20 minutes away, also has top-notch art galleries, with a more laid-back environment.
* Dining - We can recommend some restaurants for unforgettable dining experiences.
* Hiking - Hiking opportunities abound right out the front door with BLM lands bordering two sides of the property. Additionally, the spectacular Rio Grande Gorge (and latest National Monument, Rio Grande Norte) is situated several miles to the north and has a number of well-maintained hiking trails.
* Skiing - Taos, Santa Fe, Sipapu, Angel Fire, and Pajarito.
* Fishing - Just walk out the backdoor and cast away!
* Gambling - Enjoy gambling? Several, mid-sized, well-appointed casinos can be found within a half-hours drive.
* Golfing - There are a number of excellent golf courses within a 45-minute drive.
* Studio Tours - Northern New Mexico is famous for its studio tours at which you can visit the studios of local artists, and, if inclined, buy their unique pieces. Besides Rinconada which has a number of galleries, two of the best studio tour events are in our neighboring communities of Pilar and Dixon.
* Exploring - Albuquerque is Georgia O'Keefe country, Chimayo is home to the world-class Ortega weaving studio, Chimayo's church was made famous by Ansel Adams and has sacred dirt, believed to help heal illness and injuries.
* Rafting - Rafting is available from a number of nearby well-established outfitters.
No pets or smoking please.
So, indoors or out, we have everything you need for an unforgettable vacation in the Land of Enchantment.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
(303) 279-6462 (Colorado, USA)
Member since: 2005
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Cleaning Fee is $100. Rates are subject to change prior to reservation confirmation
Regular Rates: three night minimum-$660; four night-$840; five night-$1020;
six nights-$1,200; one week-$1,380. Comfortably sleeps 6 people.
We accept checks only and a deposit is required to hold your reservation.
Holiday Rates apply between December 19 and January 9 of each year - one week minimum: $1750/wk.
Note: Until confirmed, rates
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Primary: (303) 279-6462 (Colorado, USA)
Links to more information:
Our home has a large, private river-front area (it changes with each rain).
The 900 square-foot Great Room with vaulted ceilings will be the focal point.
The front courtyard stonework is reminiscent of the ancient cliff dwellings.
Hiking opportunities aboud right out the front door's bordering BLM lands!
The large master bedroom with luxurious linens and southwestern style furniture.
The separate dining room has the ambiance of an historic Mexican hacienda.
The 900 square foot great room with vaulted ceilings will be your focal point.
2 of our bedrooms have king-sized beds and one has twins.
Rinconada is situated on three very private acres of gardens and fruit orchards.
Our backyard, the Rio Grande during the Summer.
Your Rio Grande Retreat experience will be a very special one!
Indian petroglyphs near the Rinconada Rio Grande Retreat.
The master bedroom bathroom suite, southwestern style.
Our extra-large kitchen is part of the great room and fully equipped.
Backyard fishing on the Rio Grande.
All of the bedrooms have luxurious linens, southwestern style furniture and TVs.
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing