Luxury Hacienda Estate
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Merida estate description
Set in 12 luscious acres of immaculately landscaped gardens, Hacienda Dzibikak is a luxurious child-friendly holiday home which is situated close to the City of Merida. It has recently been extensively and sympathetically restored by its British owners using a local architect, labour and materials to create a holiday home that includes all the modern amenities.
Each bedroom is fully air-conditioned with the master suites each having a lounge with Sky TV, separate dressing room and large bathroom with his and her toilets and showers, and a stone bath.
Enjoy the completely secluded 20 metre freshwater pool with an adjacent toddler pool, or a quiet afternoon browsing the extensive collection of books in the Library. Four house staff are available to ensure that your holiday is both relaxing and stress- free and for added security, there is a 24 hour watchman.
A separate luxuriously refurbished Old Gate House is also available which sleeps up to 5 people. This can be rented either in conjunction with the Main House or independently.
Enjoy the local town of Uman to sample the local cuisine or experience local life at the daily market, while the Colonial City of Merida is only 40 minutes away.
The archaeological zones of Uxmal and Chichen Itza, and the Celestun Biosphere Reserve are close by, while the beach at Sisal is only 45 minutes away.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- King size beds (3) King size beds in each of the two master suites of the Accommodation Block, and the main bedroom of the Old Gate House. Twin beds / one double in each of the junior suites in the Accommodation Block, in the junior suite of the Old Gate House. Baby Cribs (1) Available on request. Sleep Sofa or Futons (3) on request....moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Fully equipped kitchen in the Main House and in the Old Gate House; each master and junior suite in the Accommodation Block share a kitchenette. Also an industrial kitchen with larder and cold room....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Covered Parking:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Bar Library with mezzanine level - extensive collection of books (English) & WC Two offices Kitchen with breakfast bar Laundry room Master suites of the Accommodation block feature sitting room, dressing room, bathroom with large stone bath, his & hers showers, WCs & basins Master suite of the Old Gate House features dressing room, sunken bath, separate shower, WC & basin Junior suites of the Accommodation Block with indoor & outdoor showers Large open-air entertainment area with small stage, bar & WCs Private chapel Formal garden Kitchen garden Children's playground & sandpit 30kW emergency generator Ample space for helicopter access Four experience maids for washing & cleaning Four gardeners / pool boys Night watchman 24-hour on-site manager Traditional Mayan tricycles Use of games equipment - croquet, badminton, rounders, bowls, boules, golf Large range of board games Traditional hacienda chimney...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Game Room
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Ice Skating
- Deepsea Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Hacienda Dzibikak is a private hacienda set in 12 acres of land at the centre of a typical Maya village close to the Colonial City of Merida in the State of Yucatan. It is perfectly situated to explore the archaeological zones of Uxmal and Chichen Itza; the cenotes of Yucatan; the Celestun Biosphere Reserve; and much more....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This is a particularly beautifully restored and well located Hacienda. The architecture of the main building has been perfectly restored bringing back to life all the original details and colors. The bedroom quarters addition is amazingly well executed, you can almost not differentiate it from the original architecture, but with the plus side of counting with the same ammenities and comfort of staying at a 5 star hotel's presidential suite! The property is surrounded by great gardens and enclosed by the typical Hacienda high walls. One of the features that we enjoyed the most was the incredible fresh water swimming pool. The decor is full of well selected "object trouve" pieces from Yucatan, England and other parts of the world, creating a unique and sophisticated atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and courteous. My family and I used the Hacienda as our home base going out on day trips to explore Merida and all the interesting sites and activities the Yucatán peninsula has to offer! I highly recommend it.
- Guest claudio (mexico city, mexico)
- Date of stay 12/22/11
- Review Submitted 08/27/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Christmas/New Years 2011-2012
Christmas/New Years 2011-2012
We spent 10 fabulous days at Hacienda Dzibikak! It was a great way to gather a family of 15 (ages 6 to 86) and never feel overcrowded. The hacienda is AMAZING! It's a beautiful and spascious colonial architecture, restored in very good taste and is really well located; only 20 minutes away from the airport and 30 minutes from Sisal (which is the nearest beach). Also close to Uxmal and the "ruta" Puc and Celestun.......all musts! Great overall experience and thanks again to our very helpful and friendly hosts! PS....the pool is a dream!
- Guest Chris (Gantous)
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 08/27/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
My family and extended family rented this beautiful hacienda over Christmas and New Year 2011 and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had. The property is stunning and has been lovingly restored and furnished with fascinating details in every corner. It is completely family friendly with an enormous fresh water pool and paddling pool and endless tropical gardens for kids to explore and it also is well kitted out with gear for playing croquet, baseball, volleyball etc. There is a ton of space and even though we were a group of 16 aged from 7 to 86, no one was on top of anyone else and there is plenty of opportunity for privacy. We could all sit down to eat together in the dining room which was a real treat and the outside sitting room was a favourite spot for everyone. And the bar converted from an old chapel has to be the coolest place in Merida! The location is great for all the main sights in Yucatan and the beach town of Sisal, 45 mins away is a little gem. Highly recommended!
- Guest Elena (UK)
- Date of stay 12/21/11
- Review Submitted 08/02/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Summer season ................... US$ 9,000 / week Winter season ................... US$ 9,000 / week Christmas, New Year week ........ US$ 14,100 / week Easter week ..................... US$ 14,100 / week Rental rates are for the Main House and the Old Gate House together (up to 12 pax) The Main House and The Old Gate House may be rented independently (please enquire)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Merida International Airport at 16 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Sisal at 40 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We were enchanted by a short visit to Merida and one of its haciendas in 2003, and purchased Hacienda Dzibikak a year later as an abandoned ruin. We began the painstaking restoration shortly after and eventually moved from our home in London to the Hacienda in 2008 to finish the project and make it our permanent home.
Why the Owner Chose Merida:
The magical Hacienda offers a unique combination of luxury and privacy, near the Colonial City of Merida. All the rooms have en suite bathrooms, A/C and ceiling fans. The rooms are spacious and have been designed with a British touch.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
The perfect place to get away from it all and recharge your batteries.
- Primary: + +52 (988) 933 0006
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
6 Bedroom / 6 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.