Perfect for F1, Sxsw and Acl! in the Heart of Zilker **Location**
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Zilker house description
This spacious, open house will make you feel right at home while enjoying all Austin has to offer. We are located within walking distance of Austin's best attractions - Zilker Park, Barton Springs, Lady Bird Lake and the Hike and Bike Trail, Live Music, Congress Avenue, Whole Foods Flagship Store, Local Premier Restaurants and much more! The Austin City Limits Music Festival is a few blocks away, an easy 10 minute walk. All of this in a very quiet, family neighborhood.
Inside the house you will find oak hardwood floors, abundant natural light, stained glass art work and comfortable furnishings. It is fully equipped with a flat screen LCD TV, cable, wi-fi, washer and dryer and all the necessary kitchen amenities. The master suite has a king bed and two rooms have queen beds with twin bunk beds plus a trundle in the remaining room . There are three full bathrooms to easily accommodate everyone. Relax outside on either the upper or lower deck, both of which are private and shaded with a beautiful pecan tree.
Check out the reviews on our garage apartment currently being rented at the same location: VRBO #391981. The comments left by our guests will show you the great location and accommodations we provide.
Location, Location, Location...this place has it! Just one block south of Barton Springs and South Lamar, this property is in the heart of Austin's highly desirable 78704 neighborhood - 'More than a zip code, a way of life!'. You can walk to Zilker Park, Barton Springs, Lady Bird Lake, the hike and bike trail, downtown, Congress Avenue, South First and so much more. A wide variety of great Austin restaurants are just blocks away including top rated Uchi sushi, The Highball, Alamo Draft House, Maudi's and of course restaurant row on Barton Springs (Chuy's, Austin Java, Flipnotics, Green Mesquite, Uncle Billy's, Threadgills, Romeo's, Shady Grove). You can also enjoy live music at numerous venues just a few minutes away. And picking up groceries couldn't be easier at Whole Foods flagship store just a mile away. Whether you want to walk to your event, grab a bite to eat, go for a run around the lake, catch a city bus or actually get in your car to drive someplace, you'll be there in just minutes!
This is our primary residence and we want our guests to enjoy this location as much as we do. We take pride in our home in everything from the front entry walkway to the laundry room and we ask our guests to treat it as they would their own home while staying here. The property will be professionally cleaned before your arrival and you will feel right at home as soon as you walk in the door.
The house was built in 1950 as a single story home, but we added a second story in 2007. With that addition came many improvements including a brand new cool running A/C, a second story deck overlooking the yard, a huge master suite and much more!
Parking: Parking is available on the street and can accommodate many vehicles.
Neighborhood Notes: This is a quiet, family-oriented neighborhood. We respect our neighbors and their property. No big parties are allowed however small social gatherings are quite fine. Please be aware of your noise level at all times. Take a walk around the block and you'll see many people outside enjoying the 'hood with their family and pets. We live on the property and are here to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable, while respecting your privacy. Please let us know if we can do anything to make your Austin experience even better!
- 2750 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 9-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning
- The bathroom downstairs is the original 1950's bathroom and , although the plumbing has been updated, it retains it's vintage charm. The master bathroom is a dual head walk in shower with a double vanity and an extra large capacity tub. The third bathroom is our sunburst bathroom with a large tiled shower. The tankless hot water heater will not run out of hot water! The master suite has a king bed and the two of the rooms have queens. The fourth bedroom has twin bunkbeds with a trundle underneath. The blow up king size mattress can be set up in either the living room or the master suite. This provides sleeping for 11 adults....moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Not Necessary
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Location, Location, Location...this place has it! This property is in the heart of Austin's highly desirable 78704 neighborhood - 'More than a zip code, a way of life!'. You can walk to Zilker Park, Barton Springs, Lady Bird Lake, the hike and bike trail, downtown, Congress Avenue, South First and so much more. A wide variety of great Austin restaurants are just blocks away including top rated Uchi Sushi, The Highball, Alamo Draft House, Maudi's and of course restaurant row on Barton Springs (Chuy's, Austin Java, Flipnotics, Green Mesquite, Uncle Billy's, Threadgills, Romeo's, Shady Grove). You can also enjoy live music at numerous venues just a few minutes away. And picking up groceries couldn't be easier at Whole Foods flagship store just a mile away. Whether you want to walk to your event, grab a bite to eat, go for a run around the lake, catch a city bus or actually get in your car to drive someplace, you'll be there in just minutes!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect for ACL
Perfect for ACL
We stayed here for ACL and it was perfect. The location is ideal, ten minute walk to Zilker Park, avoiding the need to deal with festival traffic. It is also within walking distance (5-10 min) to many restaurants and a 15 minute walk to Whole Foods. The house itself is lovely, well organized and comfortable. The owners were helpful, accommodating and went out of their way to make our rental process smooth and hassle-free. We would highly recommend staying here if your travels take you to Austin.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 10/10/13
- Review Submitted 10/17/13
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|ACL Weekend 1
Oct 2 - Oct 5, 2014
4 night min stay
|ACL Weekend 2
Oct 9 - Oct 12, 2014
4 night min stay
Nov 6 - Nov 9, 2014
4 night min stay
Mar 4 - Mar 16, 2015
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Payment terms and cancellation policy for event stays are different than standard - please ask.
Additional fee of $50/night for more than 8 people (children included)
Minimum night requirement will vary over holidays and events and are subject to a stay greater than 4 nights
Additional events not specifically listed may also have event pricing (UT events, X-games, etc.)
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Cleaning Fee: $225
- Tax Rate 15%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport at 9 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Austin - North Lamar at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-35 and Riverside at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Highball at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Butler Park at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Uchi at 0.2 Miles
- Primary: +1 512-417-9323 Call or text
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A nicely landscaped front yard and plenty of parking
The living room, front entrance and stairwell to the second floor, all very open
A view of the island and front picture window as seen from the kitchen
Another view of the kitchen
A view of the upper and lower decks from the back yard
The master suite has a King Tempurpedic bed and abundant natural light
The master bedroom looking towards the master bathroom
Extra large capacity tub in the master bathroom and stained glass art work
This bedroom now has twin bunk beds with a trundle. New picture coming soon!
A queen bed in the back downstairs bedroom and office
The original 1950 bathroom decor, updated with modern fixtures and plumbing
A previous guest rents a trolley to transport their party to a wedding reception
There is always something blooming in the front yard
Additional Living Room seating
A view of the kitchen, complete with all you would need to cook up a great meal
The large deck surrounded by plants. We have yet another table plus chairs for 8
A close up of the house. There are 2 large Pecan trees in the back yard
The master suite entrance
The master bathroom includes a glass walled double shower and plenty of light
Double vanity in the master bathroom. Complete with custom tile work
A queen bed in the front downstairs bedroom
The second bathroom upstairs includes a shower, toilet and sink
The dining area. There are 2 leaves and additional seating for up to 10
The front entrance, complete with stained glass and Austin City Limits art work
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 12, 2014
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.