You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Merida house description
This adorable and welcoming home is centrally located in the beautiful city of Merida, the cultural center of the Yucatan Peninsula. From the moment you walk in, the feeling is traditional yet modern, as you will be greeted by high ceilings and brightly colored tile floors. The living room has a comfortable furniture set and television, which makes it a great place to relax or entertain. The dining room also has high ceilings and a tiled floor, along with a wooden dining table that seats eight. The dining room is framed by an art deco stairway on one side and double doors with iron grill work on the other side that open onto the patio and swimming pool. The kitchen also has a door onto the patio and pool area. The kitchen, with its polished cement floor and open shelving decorated with Mexican tiles, is light and airy, contains all modern appliances, and is easy to clean.
Upstairs are two bedrooms- a master bedroom with a king bed, and a second bedroom with two twin beds. Both first and second floors each have a full bath, complete with sink, toilet, and shower. Outside the main house is a guest house, complete with a bedroom with a double bed and twin bed and a full bath.
The beautiful tiled patio has plants and flowers, and surrounds the swimming pool. Lounge chairs provide a comfortable spot for sunning and relaxing, and there is a cast iron table and chairs which is ideal for eating breakfast or enjoying cocktails. Lights in the pool and patio area at night create a beautiful, romantic scene.
The house is only two blocks walk from the Paseo Montejo, the 'Champs Elysee' of Merida, with its shops, museums, cafes, and restaurants. The Anthropological Museum is located there. It is also only 8 blocks walk from the central plaza of Merida, where the oldest cathedral in Mexico (1858) is located, and where much of the city seems to gather in the evenings and on the weekends. If you tire of walking, it is always easy to get a horse and carriage to bring you home in the evening. If you'd rather drive, parking is always available on the street in front of the house.
Rental includes Cable TV, DVD player, and WiFi Internet (supplier is Cablemas). Also includes pool maintenance and cleaning, garden maintenance, and house cleaning once a week.
We have a local property manager who speaks excellent English. She and her staff can arrange for nearly any additional service you may need, including transportation, shopping, child care, and travel information.
We invite your family to make our 'casita' your home while you experience a wonderful adventure into Mayan culture, the colonial city of Merida, and its unique surroundings.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- The Master Bedroom is located on the second floor and has two large windows overlooking the pool and patio below. It contains a king bed and wardrobe. There is a second bedroom on the second floor which contains two twin beds. It has an open closet and shelving built into the wall. It also has a small veranda that overlooks the patio. The third bedroom is located on the main floor in a guest house located next to the swimming pool. The guest house has a double bed and a single bed and open built-in shelving. All bedrooms are air-conditioned. All sheets, towels, and blankets are furnished....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The bathroom on the first floor, located between the kitchen and dining room, has a sink, toilet, and shower. The bathroom on the second floor contains a sink, toilet, and shower as well. The bathroom in the guest house is tiled throughout and has a sink, toilet, and shower. There is an outdoor shower near the swimming pool....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
Deck / Patio:
The patio, accessible from the kitchen & dining room, surrounds the swimming pool. It has plants & flowers, a small cast iron table & chairs, and loungechairs perfect for sunning/relaxing by the pool....moreless
- Not Necessary
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Merida is the cultural center of the Yucatan and blends the Mayan and Mexican cultures. There are numerous festivals as well as nightly entertainment at various squares around the city. It is a wonderful city, with great restaurants, bars, theatres, museums, and cultural attractions. Merida is also extremely well located to view the Mayan ruins. It is about 1 1/2 hours from Chichen Itza, and about 1 hour from Uxmal. It is located about 20 minutes from a beautiful Mayan ruin with its own cenote- Dzibilchaltun- and about 1 hour from the Mayan location near the beach that provided salt for the Mayan civilization- Xcambo. The nearest beach town is Progresso, which is about 25 minutes away by car. Along the coast are many beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. The Celestun National Wildlife Refuge, with flamingos and other bird life, is located about 90 minutes west of Merida. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cable TV, DVD player, WiFi Internet, pool maintenance, garden maintenance, and house cleaning once a week is included in rent. Guests pay electricity costs in addition to rent.
Payment terms to be determined- please contact owner.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $1,500
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Merida Int'l Airport or Cancun Int'l Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Progresso at 22 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Our family lives in Rye, New Hampshire, and enjoys traveling to Merida to experience the Mexican and Mayan cultures.
- Primary: +1 603-661-5060
- Secondary: +1 603-997-1924
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful pool with original tiles
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 13, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.