2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom With Mountain And Town Views
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 2(Sleeps: 4)
Toilet · tub · shower
Toilet · Combination tub/shower
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No events - With permission from manager and or owner.With permission from manager and or owner.
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Please open, pour, and serve red wine on the cherry wood antique back bar rather than the white, Carrara marble kitchen countertops. Thank you.
- Please close windows when you leave the apartment as the wind may pick up and with only one paved street in Silverton, it can get dusty quickly.
- Please leave all ski equipment at the bottom of the stairs, to include ski boots.
Cleaned with disinfectant
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Follows industry health association: SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
Hosted by Melissa ChildsAsk a question
About Melissa Childs
My husband and I purchased this property in our 20s and operated an old fashioned soda fountain and drug store in the retail space while living upstairs in this apartment. (The apartment did not look like this at all then.) We renovated the apartment in 2017-2018. We are retired now and rent out both the Greene St. Loft and at the 13th Street Studio as vacation rentals. We manage to squeeze in some time in both apartments during the year. The cherry wood back bar and the stools were moved upstairs from the retail space.
Melissa Childs purchased this Apartment in 1979
Why Melissa Childs chose Silverton
My family has been in the San Juan Mountains since the 1800s. My great grandfather, James William Jarvis, owned a ranch at the southern end of San Juan County and I spent time there at the ranch and in Durango during the summers. Several of my mother and step-father's family lived in Silverton during the late 1880s into the late 1930s. My mother and step father owned a home in Silverton on Reese Street for decades.
What makes this Apartment unique
This is a historic building that was built in 1895. It is unique to be able to stay above a retail space, right in the center of town, and still have spectacular views from all the windows. While the upstairs Loft has been renovated, the floors are original and are over 125 years old. The plaster was removed from the walls to reveal the beautiful, original brick work.