This is a beautiful three-story log cabin with wonderful and luxurious amenities. Sleep in our plush beds; enjoy satellite TV on a 55 inch flat-screen HD television with surround sound and Roku which streams the latest 10,000 movies and TV shows via Netflix and Hulu Plus; toast s'mores over the campfire; prepare a gourmet meal using our modern kitchen with stainless-steel appliances; enjoy the quiet surroundings and wake up to the peaceful sounds of nature. Our cabin is pet-friendly, and we have a perfect backyard for dogs to run and play.
Retriever's Retreat is located in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. Berkeley Springs is an historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains. Famous for being the country's first spa, it was frequented by George Washington.
Below is the latest news/features at Retriever's Retreat:
* We have replaced all carpet in the cabin with new laminate flooring.
* There is now both drip coffee and a Keurig coffeemaker.
* High Speed Wi-Fi is now available. Surf the Internet on your laptop or on our Desktop computer with 25 inch monitor.
* There are High Definition Roku boxes which streams the latest 10,000 movies including Showtime and TV shows from Netflix and Hulu Plus on the TVs.
* We upgraded our DVD player to a Smart Blu-Ray player.
* We have added a Wii Console with two controllers on top of the Playstation 2 that is already there.
* We have also upgraded the main bedroom 24 inch LCD TV to a 40 inch LED HDTV with Roku (Netflix/Hulu Plus).
Free Benefits for our guests:
* We don't charge a cleaning fee like some of our competitors.
* We offer free early check in as early as 10 a.m. and late check out as late as 8 p.m if it's available. We will try our hardest to get you in as early as possible for check in and have as late as possible for your check out so you can enjoy the cabin.
* We provide guests with a 26 page Berkeley Springs information guide - this is an 'insider's guide' to where to shop, favorite restaurants and what to order, places to avoid, and “not to be missed” events and activities.
During your stay at Retriever's Retreat, there are activities to please everyone in your group.
For those who want to relax and pamper themselves, enjoy dining, antiquing, shopping, and soaking in the warm mineral waters. There are five full-service spas providing a variety of services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, wraps, acupuncture, reflexology, and reiki. At the Berkeley Springs State Park Spa you can take a soak in a Roman bath and have a half-hour massage for just $40 (Mon-Thurs), $45 (Fri-Sun).
Explore antique shops, craft stores, Berkeley Castle, and try the local coffee shops and restaurants. Saturdays and Sundays check out the Museum of the Berkeley Springs (11am-4pm).
While in Berkeley Springs, take in a movie at the Star Theater, a nostalgic movie theater where 50 cents will rent one of the velvet sofas, or take advantage of programs set up by the Morgan Art Council which range from free concerts in Berkeley Springs State Park every Saturday afternoon in July and August to an active Ice House Theater Project and exhibit gallery. The Ice House also offers concerts, art classes and youth theater.
If you prefer to spend your vacation outdoors, Retriever's Retreat is only two miles to the 6,000 acre Cacapon State Park where you can enjoy basketball, tennis, miles of hiking trails, mountain biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing (winter), rowing/paddle boating,swimming, fishing, and golfing on the course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Be sure to hike or drive to the scenic overview.
Other nearby activities include canoeing and kayaking on the Great Cacapon and Potomac Rivers and biking and hiking on the C&O Canal.
The cabin is close to:
- Ski resorts such as White Tail
- Civil War battlefields such as Gettysburg and Antietam
- Historic Harper's Ferry
- Outlet shopping at Hagerstown
- Charles Town Races and Slots.
We also recommend that your group take a drive to the Berkeley Springs Panorama Overlook which is rated by National Geographic as one of the five best overlooks in the Eastern United States. It's stunning.
Enjoy the Berkeley Springs Farmers' Market every Sunday morning from the end of April to October.
Friendly people, welcoming mountains and a sense of place mark Berkeley Springs, West Virginia as a vacation getaway for all seasons and tastes.
We also have other great rentals in Berkeley Springs on VRBO called Jack Russell's Ridge and is located under the title 'Peaceful, Pet-Friendly, Private Luxury Chalet' (#138293)