Secluded Pet-Friendly High-Tech Log Cabin in the Woods
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
This is a beautiful three-story log cabin with wonderful and luxurious amenities. Sleep in our plush beds; enjoy satellite TV on a 55 inch flat-screen HD television with surround sound and Roku which streams the latest 10,000 movies and TV shows via Netflix and Hulu Plus; toast s'mores over the campfire; prepare a gourmet meal using our modern kitchen with new stainless-steel appliances; enjoy the quiet surroundings and wake up to the peaceful sounds of nature. Our cabin is pet-friendly, and we have a perfect backyard for dogs to run and play.
Retriever's Retreat is located in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. Berkeley Springs is an historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains. Famous for being the country's first spa, it was frequented by George Washington.
Below is the latest news/features at Retriever's Retreat:
* We have replaced all carpet in the cabin with new laminate flooring.
* There is now both drip coffee and a Keurig coffeemaker.
* High Speed Wi-Fi is now available. Surf the Internet on your laptop or on our Desktop computer with 25 inch monitor.
* There are High Definition Roku boxes which streams the latest 10,000 movies including Showtime and TV shows from Netflix and Hulu Plus on the TVs.
* We upgraded our DVD player to a Smart Blu-Ray player.
* We have added a Wii Console with two controllers on top of the Playstation 2 that is already there.
* There is also a Bluetooth stereo so you can play music directly from your smartphone.
* We have also upgraded the main bedroom 24 inch LCD TV to a 40 inch LED HDTV with Roku (Netflix/Hulu Plus).
Free Benefits for our guests:
* We offer free early check in as early as 10 a.m. and late check out as late as 8 p.m if it's available. We will try our hardest to get you in as early as possible for check in and have as late as possible for your check out so you can enjoy the cabin.
* We provide guests with a 26 page Berkeley Springs information guide - this is an 'insider's guide' to where to shop, favorite restaurants and what to order, places to avoid, and “not to be missed” events and activities.
During your stay at Retriever's Retreat, there are activities to please everyone in your group.
For those who want to relax and pamper themselves, enjoy dining, antiquing, shopping, and soaking in the warm mineral waters. There are five full-service spas providing a variety of services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, wraps, acupuncture, reflexology, and reiki. At the Berkeley Springs State Park Spa you can take a soak in a Roman bath and have a half-hour massage for just $40 (Mon-Thurs), $45 (Fri-Sun).
Explore antique shops, craft stores, Berkeley Castle, and try the local coffee shops and restaurants. Saturdays and Sundays check out the Museum of the Berkeley Springs (11am-4pm).
While in Berkeley Springs, take in a movie at the Star Theater, a nostalgic movie theater where 50 cents will rent one of the velvet sofas, or take advantage of programs set up by the Morgan Art Council which range from free concerts in Berkeley Springs State Park every Saturday afternoon in July and August to an active Ice House Theater Project and exhibit gallery. The Ice House also offers concerts, art classes and youth theater.
If you prefer to spend your vacation outdoors, Retriever's Retreat is only two miles to the 6,000 acre Cacapon State Park where you can enjoy basketball, tennis, miles of hiking trails, mountain biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing (winter), rowing/paddle boating,swimming, fishing, and golfing on the course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Be sure to hike or drive to the scenic overview.
Other nearby activities include canoeing and kayaking on the Great Cacapon and Potomac Rivers and biking and hiking on the C&O Canal.
The cabin is close to:
- Ski resorts such as White Tail
- Civil War battlefields such as Gettysburg and Antietam
- Historic Harper's Ferry
- Outlet shopping at Hagerstown
- Charles Town Races and Slots.
We also recommend that your group take a drive to the Berkeley Springs Panorama Overlook which is rated by National Geographic as one of the five best overlooks in the Eastern United States. It's stunning.
Enjoy the Berkeley Springs Farmers' Market every Sunday morning from the end of April to October.
Friendly people, welcoming mountains and a sense of place mark Berkeley Springs, West Virginia as a vacation getaway for all seasons and tastes.
We also have other great rentals in Berkeley Springs on VRBO called Jack Russell's Ridge and is located under the title 'Peaceful, Pet-Friendly, Private Luxury Chalet' (#138293)
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 50 inch HDTV LCD Television, Dish Network with Sirius Radio, 5.1 Yamaha surround sound, CD/DVD players, Bluetooth Wireless stereo, Washer and Dryer, Leather sofa and recliner, Plush Queen and Full bed, Log style table, Stainless steel appliances, Sport equipment, Extensive Boardgames, Roku with Netflix and Hulu Plus streaming, Extensive DVD movie collection, electric fireplace, BBQ grill, fire pit, linens and towels provided, set of His and Hers Plush robes, 2 miles to Cacapon State Park and more....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Game Console:
- Video Games:
We have Roku available on both the living room and main bedroom. Roku streams both Hulu Plus and Netflix. Netflix streams over 10,000 movies/tv shows including the latest movies and shows. Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of this season's top shows, classic series and acclaimed movies. We have over 100 DVD onsite....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
Leather couch and leather chair with ottoman. We have a coffee table. There is a 42 inch HDTV, Roku, Blu-Ray Player, Wii Console and surround sound stereo. There is an electric fireplace as well....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Season Rates 2016
Apr 1 - Dec 31, 2016
2 night min stay
Low Season Rates 2017
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
High Season Rates 2017
Apr 1 - Dec 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- Tax Rate 10%
- Great weekly discount of $800 per week (normally $1090 per week)
- Sunday is charge as a weekday rate instead of a weekend rate
- There is no cleaning fee
- Just $25 pet fee per pet for your entire stay with us
- We offer early and late check out when available.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Retriever's Retreat is located in Berkeley Springs. Berkeley Springs is an historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains only 90 minutes from the Washington/Baltimore metro area. It boasts warm mineral springs, world class dining, dozens of unique shops, five full-service spas and more than 100 lodging choices from elegant B&B's and historic inns to cabins and resorts. Golf, hiking and swimming share the schedule with year 'round festivals, live music and theater.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We are in our 40's married and live in the D.C area. We love for you to be guests at this cabin that we call Retriever's Retreat.
Why the Owner Chose Berkeley Springs, WV, USA:
On our first visit to Berkeley Springs, we were drawn to the character and charm that the town offers, and we soon found ourselves in the office of a local realtor ready to make an offer on a cabin near Cacapon State Park. The cabin had “good bones” but had been neglected by the previous owners. We spent the next year renovating “Retriever’s Retreat” and making it into our haven from our hectic schedules and pace of life in DC. Soon thereafter, Claudio found another home in need of some TLC, and we quickly began work on “Jack Russell’s Ridge.” (https://www.vrbo.com/138293) As pet lovers, we are pleased to be able to share our pet-friendly homes with your family, and we hope that your time in Berkeley Springs offers you a chance to enjoy the company of family and good friends.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We aim to provide guests with a clean, tranquil, and modern getaway home. This is a beautiful three-story log cabin with superb amenities. Sleep in our plush beds; enjoy satellite TV on a flat-screen television with surround sound; toast s'mores over the campfire; prepare a gourmet meal using our modern kitchen with new stainless-steel appliances; enjoy the quiet surroundings and wake up to the peaceful sounds of nature. Our cabin is pet-friendly, and we have a perfect backyard for dogs to run and play. The log cabin is very close (within 2 miles) of Cacapon State Park. A 6,000 acre park where there an incredible amount of activities to do like: tennis, basketball, lake beach, fishing, hiking trails, 18 round golf course, horseback riding, overlooks and much more. The cabin is within 10 miles from downtown Berkeley Springs. Based on feedback from previous guests, we have added Roku boxes on all TVs (which stream the latest 10,000 movies and TV shows via Netflix and Hulu Plus) and upgraded the main TV to a 55 inch LED HDTV with 120+ Dish HD network channels. Should you go to Berkeley Springs, we hope that you choose to stay with us.
- Primary: +1 8002837134 Call Anytime
- Secondary: +1 3019194469 Call between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of log cabin and paved driveway
Overview of living room
View of 1st bedroom. 32 inch wall mounted TV with Dish Network is not in view
Back view of Log Cabin with deck
Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances
Pillow Top Queen Bed
Renovated basement living area with LED TV
View of backyard from basement patio door
View from Deck Area
View of Backyard, property is on 2.2 acres so plenty of room to play
Retriever's Retreat Log Cabin
View of 2nd bedroom
View of Outisde
Living Room with Leather Couch, Recliner, electric fireplace and 42 inch LCD TV
Wood Dining Table
Basement bedroom with two twin beds
View of basement patio door
View of backyard and mountains
Fire Pit in the back yard
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM