Three bedroom, two bath, sleeps 7, close to beach, of the fun stuff
Mike and Mary Lee
About Mike and Mary Lee
I recently retired after 40 years of public school teaching. I grew up in southeastern Virginia and would come to the Outer Banks often on family vacations and while my father was building houses in the area. I feel in love with the area and knew I would eventually make the OBX my permanent home.
Mike and Mary Lee purchased this House in 2014
Why Mike and Mary Lee chose Kill Devil Hills
I fell in love with the house because of the peacefulness of the area and the many attractions within a few minutes drive or walk.
What makes this House unique
Easy walk to sound side accesses to enjoy the many attractions this body of water offers -- fishing, crabbing, unique and stunning sunsets, and simply relaxing. Miles of multi-use paths just two blocks away for walking, jogging, or bike riding. You can walk, jog, or bike to the Wright Brothers Memorial without dealing with busy streets. Easy drive to ocean access with free parking plus shopping, dining, and entertainment -- all within a few miles or less!
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Fantastic hosts, very comfortable accommodations, quiet and friendly neighborhood
We absolutely loved our stay. The house has everything you need. The neighborhood was so lovely and great for our morning walks. I wish we could have stayed longer!
Had the pleasure of staying at Mike and Mary Lee’s beautiful property in Kill Devil Hills, NC. The house sits two blocks away from a beautiful quiet beach with a nice running path that I took advantage of daily. Their house was equipped with outside showers, a hammock, and upstairs patio for reading and relaxing in the sun or watching the stars at night. They also had a variety of different types of entertainment throughout the house and appliances for whatever you need. The neighborhood was very friendly for vacationers and had an abundance of places to shop and a variety of locations to eat.
I would highly recommend this property to anyone who loves to relax and would like to enjoy the great OBX experience.
Hopefully see you guys again soon.
Mack and Darlene
Mack, Darlene & friends,
Glad you guys had a great visit! You were certainly the ideal/model guests — left the house just the way you found it, couldn’t ask for more! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this nice review. Would love to have you back at any time!
Mike & Mary Lee
- 1.5 miles from Wright Brothers National Memorial, location of the first successful powered flight by Wilbur and Orville Wright in 1903.
- Two blocks from the sound (Albemarle Sound) with miles of multi-use paths for biking, hiking, and jogging. Spectacular sunset views. Public acceses and piers for fishing and crabbing.
- Approximately 3/4 mile from the closest public ocean access with free parking. Additional access pproximately every .2 miles north or south on the Beach Road (NC 12) with free parking and some with bath facilities.
- 5 1/2 miles from Jockey's Ridge State Park, the tallest active sand dune system in the eastern United States.
- Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve, hiking trails randing from easy to challenging.
- Four Lighthouses, the closest being Bodie Island Lighthouse 16 miles to the south in Nags Head.
- Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, sign up for a charter or just stop by around 3 PM daily (weather permitting) to see what was caught that day.
- Downtown Manteo, a quaint waterfront town with nice restaurants and shops.
- Tanger Outlet Mall, a variety of brand-name and designer outlet stores.
- Department stores and supermarkets within a mile or two, as well as restaurants, service stations, 10-cinema movie theater, mini golf and arcade, and more.
- More restaurants within 5 miles ranging from very casual to finer dining, seafood to Carribbean to Italian ... it's all here! Some restaurant bars offer live music and stay open late.