'Little Bay Getaway' is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan, or to serve as a hub for your adventurous getaway vacation. This adorable little cottage is ideally located across the street from Van Cleve Park and Little Bay De Noc and is within 5 minutes walk of the following attractions...
* New "Little Bay de Noc Trail" biking trail that follows the shoreline. Trail head is directly across the street from the cottage and we provide two adult and two kids bikes free of charge!
* Gladstone Beach (Rated one of the Top 5 Beaches in Michigan)
* Kids Kingdom Play Area (see link to Pics)
* New Public Fishing Dock complete with lights for night fishing and a fish cleaning station
* Fitness Course
* Skateboard Park
* Scenic Lagoon, Marina, Boat Launch and Gazebo
Gladstone is also a perfect location for exploring all that the Upper Peninsula has to offer. Within one hour drive you can enjoy...
* Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore
* Fayette Historic State Park
* Big Springs (Kitch-iti-kipi), the largest natural spring in Michigan located in Palms Book State Park
* Sugarloaf Mountain, Presque Isle Park and historic Marquette
* Iron Mountain Iron Mine
* Dozens of gorgeous waterfalls and walking / biking trails
* The Island Resort and Casino
* Eben Ice Caves
* Miners Castle Rock and the Lake Superior Shoreline
* Hiawatha National Forest
* Numerous golf courses, lighthouses, museums, and more!
* Take a day trip to Mackinac Island, rated the Number 1 Summer Travel destination in America in 2018! The ferry terminal is a 2.5 hour drive from the cottage so a day trip is very manageable.
Little Bay De Noc is the Walleye fishing capital of the world and is home to many major fishing tournaments. In addition to Walleye you can also fish for Salmon, Bass, Trout, Perch, and several other species. Charters are available locally or you can fish from the newly constructed fishing dock which is just a few minutes walk from the cottage.
In the winter months you will find Gladstone to be an ideal place for your skiing, snowboarding, ice fishing, or snowmobiling getaway. Snowmobiles are permitted on Gladstone city streets and local trails connect you to the rest of the Upper Peninsula and beyond. The recently renovated Gladstone Sports Park is perfect for beginner to intermediate downhill skiers and it boasts 3 rope tows, 1 wire, and 1 t-bar. It also has a snowboard run with a regulation half-pipe and an indoor chalet with concessions. The cottage is just 38 miles from the stunning Eben Ice Caves which is becoming one of Michigan's top winter destinations!
There is plenty to do in Gladstone and the surrounding area no matter what the season. Other activities include lighthouse tours, gambling, golf, cross-country skiing, ATV trails, wreck diving, etc. etc. etc. Just let us know what you are interested in and we will try to help you arrange an unforgettable getaway!
The 'Little Bay Getaway' is well-furnished and features both front and back decks to you can chose whether to enjoy the great view of Little Bay de Noc in the front or sit and relax under the trees in the large wooded back yard. Inside you will find a newly-remodeled kitchen and a large master bedroom with a sitting room to enjoy the view. The fold down couch in the living room is very comfortable and is a perfect spot for up to two children to sleep after a long day at the park. The bathroom includes a premium showerhead and full bathtub. There is even an acoustic guitar available for guests to use around the fire at night. Be sure to click the link under the calendar section for additional pictures and information.
Upper Michigan has been named one of the Top 10 Travel Values in the World by Lonely Planet, the only place in the USA to receive this honor. Come up for a visit and discover why!
Keywords: Cottage, Lake Michigan, House, Little Bay de Noc. Lonely Planet's Top 10 Value