About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
1BR, 1 BA (Sleeps 2-6)
Our condominium has one bedroom and one bath. It is a ski in and ski out resort. If you don’t feel like skiing down to the base, Iron Horse offers a free shuttle. The unit sleeps up to six with a king bed, a new queen sleeper sofa with memory foam mattress and a queen Murphy bed. We are one of the only units with a new king size bed in the back room. We are on the first floor with easy access to the workout facilities, the pool, the hot tubs and saunas. Our condominium is among the nicest and best equipped one bedroom units at the Iron Horse Resort.
When you are not out enjoying winter park, the condo has a flat screen television which you can watch a DVD, on demand, or the many channels provided including HBO. For a quieter evening you can curl up by the electric fireplace or sit on the patio and admire the view. The kitchen and the bathroom were remodeled last year with granted countertops and fixtures. There is also free wireless internet access in the condo. We try to price rentals of our unit well below the resort's standard rate. This allows you to benefit by renting directly from the owner.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
My family has owned this property since 1984. We have always had Iron Horse rent out the condo for us, but last year we wanted to rent it ourselves. As a family, we really enjoy skiing and spending time in front of the fireplace playing games. In the summer we enjoy the activities, music and a chance to relax. The condo has become a staple in our family and we are happy to share it with others. We hope that your family can walk away with many memories to share for years to come.
Christine purchased this Condo in 1984
Why Christine chose Winter Park
My Dad has always been an avid skier. He fell in love with Winter Park and wanted a place of his own. My parents soon after bought the condo and the rest is history!
What makes this Condo unique
One of the reasons we love Iron Horse is for the ski in and ski out access to the slopes. It has saved our family money to be able to come to the condo warm up and grab some lunch. With the younger children we also have access to the shuttle and that helps get the kids to the slopes. It has been nice having the rental shop on sight to help visitors get the equipment they need without worrying about transporting it. We also love the access to all the facilities Iron Horse has to offer. The summer has offered us many memories as well. The pool, trails, and quick trips to town have kept our family happy and coming back for more each year.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Next to swimming pool, cozy, super convenient for skiing
We had a fantastic time staying in this cozy 1 bdr for 10 days. Best location in the building -- right next to the swimming pool, jacuzzis, steam room and gym. Iron Horse is the best place to stay for ski in/ski out. Loved it. Condo is nicely decorated and stocked with all you might need . The owner was responsive when we had questions. Would recommend for a family of 4 or 5.
just right for our family of 4 ... very cozy and well stocked... great location.
Awesome ski hotel!
We stayed 5 nights at Ironhorse Resort and had a wonderful time. The room was big enough for 5 adults and was super clean. The beds were all very comfortable! We especially enjoyed the workout room and hot tubs. They also have a terrific game room with ping-pong and air hockey tables etc. This was our 7th year to ski at Winter Park and our 3rd year to stay at Ironhorse Resort. Being able to ski in and out from the hotel is the best! It's so much nicer than taking a shuttle or driving in and having to lug gear from the parking lot to the base. Any time we go back to Winter Park, we'll be staying at Ironhorse!
Comfortable, close and convenient!
Ski locker room RIGHT next to Corridor slope was most convenient scenario in all of Winter Park (bring a lock). Right on free bus line if you need that too. King bed was SUPER comfy after long days of skiing. Fold out Murphy and sleeper sofas were very nice too - amongst the best fold-up beds out there. Brand new carpet, granite countertops were pleasant, modern updates. Bathroom was a little dated, but not a big deal. Gas grill on deck too! Our teen aged boys loved the close access to the game room (free foozeball, air hockey & ping pong). We loved the close access to the lobby as it provided a great social space to host our visiting guests. Recommended!
Great location but needs some updating
The ski in/ski out of iron horse was amazing. The pool, hot tub and game room were also great. The condo was comfortable as was the bed. It was a little squished with the Murphy bed and fold out couch in use. The owner was great - easy to get in touch with, very responsive. But the place needs a little updating. The carpets are pretty worn, kitchen wasn't really stocked. Just little things like that.
A lot of good and some not-so-good
- It was our first time staying at a true ski-in / ski-out location and it was wonderful! Being able to finish our day on a run that dropped us right at the condo building was great and being able to jump on that same run to get to the base was equally great. The locker rooms close to that run were also wonderful so we didn't have to carry gear back and forth from the room.
- This room is first floor building C which is the building that has all of the amenities (pool, hot tub, fitness center, locker room, front desk, business center, etc.). Being able to go from our room to the pool in less than 2 minutes was very appreciated at the end of a long day of skiing.
- The kitchen worked perfectly for us (we're a grocery buying group so we used it for almost all of our meals).
- The murphy bed and king bed were both quite comfortable.
- The price was not the cheapest we found but still a good deal.
Time for the negatives.
- The thing that upset us the most is the pull-out bed. I was very close to calling the owner to complain about false advertising and ask for some of our money back. It's listed as a three-bed condo HOWEVER you can't use the murphy bed and sofa bed at the same time!!! We pulled out the sofa bed and it hit the fireplace - just plain wouldn't work. We were a group of three adult males and two of us had to share a bed. That was not what we planned on - we specifically booked this place so we could each have a bed. In addition to just not being able to fit, that is one of if not the worst sofa beds I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few during my travels). I don't know if you could even call that two-inch thick, every spring clearly visible thing a mattress. Oh, and it was pretty awful as a couch as well. One big seat cushion that wouldn't even stay on the couch.
- The deck hadn't been touched all winter. We were excited about being able to walk out in the morning and look at the mountain with a cup of coffee in hand but were unable to do that due to the mountain of snow on the deck.
- Along those lines, we were also excited to utilize the grill which was BURIED under the snow. We actually dug it out only to find that it was broken (ignition line had been snapped).
- The toilet runs. A simple fix that needs to happen.
- The tub drain needs some addressing (Drano anyone?).
All in all a good stay and some great skiing. Just hope some of these issues get fixed by the owners.
I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment. We have addressed all the issues listed. Including getting a brand new-memory foam pull out sofa! We have made sure that future guest and easily access the pull out couch and Murphy bed at the same time. Thank you for letting us know, so we could take care of the problems.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
All rates are subject to change until confirmed.