About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 10-Vacation Rental Permit 05-243
Our home is located in Elk Point Country Club, a gated community on the Nevada side of South Lake Tahoe, approximately 1/2 mile off Highway 50, 1 ½ miles from Stateline casinos, shopping centers, and the Edgewood golf course. World-renowned Heavenly Valley Ski Resort is just 4 miles away. There is direct walking or driving access to a private beach. Access to the lake is unobstructed by other homes, with stunning views through pine trees of the lake and surrounding mountains.
• Size: The house is two stories, approximately 2000 square feet, and accommodates up to 10 people, with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. A redwood deck, including lakeside deck space, surrounds more than 60% of the house.
• Full Kitchen & Pantry Area: includes dishes, glasses, utensils, stove, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, washer, dryer, coffee maker, toaster oven, pots & pans, cooking utensils.
• Living & Dining Areas: This is the center of the house, with picture windows overlooking the lake. Huge old-fashioned wood fireplace made of local stone, large TV and VCR. Lots of room to lounge and enjoy the scenery. The attached dining room seats 10 and opens onto the back deck, which accommodates outdoor dining.
• Bedrooms: Queen bedroom downstairs, and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Two upstairs bedrooms each include 1 double bed and 2 single beds. The third bedroom upstairs has one single bed. TVs are located in the queen bedroom and the two large upstairs bedrooms. All bedding included with your rental.
• Bathrooms: Two full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Bath tub in downstairs bathroom. Bath towels provided.
Exclusive Access / Amenities:
• Private Beach & Swimming Area: Easy access to the beach, common area beach bar-b-q (reservations available through the Elk Point Country Club caretaker), and roped-off swimming area.
• Private Hot Tub: All year round! Enjoy a quiet soak, as you contemplate lake and mountain views from the privacy of the back deck.
• Private Deck and Bar-B-Q area: Admire the lake and mountain scenery as you bar-b-q on the charcoal grill, sip a cocktail, and enjoy summer dining outside on the home’s private deck. Deck furniture included.
• Round Hill Shopping Center: Just across Highway 50, enjoy a variety of restaurants, bike and kayak rentals, coffee shop, Safeway and other retail stores.
• Walking & Biking Trails: Nearby Nevada State Beach and park areas offer beautiful walking and biking trails through a protected meadow and up into the hills above Highway 50.
Vacation home rental permit #05-243
Keywords: House, Elk Point, Beach
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 12, 2018
Why Owner chose Elk Point
This house was built by the owner's family in the 1930's, lovingly cared for and updated over the years.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Quaint family cabin with good vibes!
Perfect place for my extended family and I to enjoy the snow! We loved his cozy cabin! Short walk to the lake with beautiful views from the deck. We had great meals around the large dining table and comfy beds for all. The owner Richard was easy to work with and super quick to respond to any questions. And we had a lovely dusting of snow!
Great Tahoe Cabin!
This cabin is charming and ideally located to the private beach. The back porch has great views and ideal for kids.
A Lovely Christmas location
I have reviewed this property before but not for two years so thought I would update my experience.
I love the location. Elk Point is a lovely area on the South Shore of Nevada. It has a private beach (great during the summer months) and is close to shopping and the major gambling hotels. I appreciated the caretaker of Elk Point plowing the driveway every day it snowed (which it did). Elk Point consists of 10 millions dollar homes and older homes like The Tanner cabin. My kids LOVE this home and we have stayed here many times since they were little. They feel at "home" here.
During our stay we skiied, went to great dinner (Scusas and Chart House were excellent) and loved going to the movies at Stateline. Safeway is very close by, you can rent snowmobiles at Zephyr Cove and even take a sleigh ride near the casinos. We loved having a white Xmas even though we had to cut off one day from our reservation due to the roads.
Some of the issues mentioned by others recently still should still be addressed by the owners and that is the cleaning. I realize its an older home and that is okay (we like the older style cabins and creaky floors don't bother me, it lends to the charm), but finding crumbs and old chopsticks behind the kitchen appliances tells me Merry Maids doesn't do a very good job. I don't think they had checked on the house for a few weeks because I found the bug man's paperwork from early Dec on the kitchen counter. We found an old comb with hair on the couch (that should be replaced) and I couldn't get the coffee pot lid off to save my life because it was so sticky and old. The toilet runs in the main bath and should be fixed. Giggling the chain 5 times did help. Some supplies were missing from the downstairs bathroom like soap and TP. I would suggest throwing away or putting someone's old tennis shoes in the dining room some place else. I own a vacation rental in Hawaii and would never have someone's old shoes out on the table.
If you are looking for a "cabin" in a great location with a hot tub (you need to dig out in the snow to get to it but they supply the shovel!) and it sleeps a lot of people this is a good option. Two of the bedrooms upstairs sleep 4 in each.
I hope the owners will still allow us to rent after this review, but I mention the cleanliness factor again, since I had some issues two years ago too, and the cleaning charge isn't cheap. I always appreciate feedback on my rental home from my guests. We can't be in two places at once.
Three Generation Vacation Total Success
The Tanner Vacation Home at Elk Point was a perfect fit for our very active, multi generation family.
The location was great, easy access to beach and lake. Furnished thoughtfully with vacation
friendly items that make it easy to relax.
Although our family does not usually watch TV, it was nice to be able to watch the Summer Olympics together. Wi Fi worked well for the busy working/playing among us.
We will return
Not what I expected
We originally rented the cabin from 7/15 - 7/28/12. There were 7 of us; 5 adults .. 2 children. When we got there I took off my shoes and walked around barefoot. The soles of my feet were soon black. The floors were filthy. I found under the beds and furniture to be filled with grime and dust.There were only 2 hand towels, 4 wash cloths, 3 kitchen towels and 11 towels for the 7 of us. The general cleanliness of the house left a lot to be desired. I relayed these to the owners and, to their credit, a maid service dropped off towels a couple of days later. The refrigerator was having problems and was quite noisy. The owner had a repair service come check the fridge but the repair could not be made while we were there. We ended our stay earlier than expected; it was not a hardship. On a positive note, the scenery is beautiful. The cabin was close to a lot of things. We hiked, fly fished, toured Vikingsholm, rafted down the Truckee river, rode the Tahoe Queen, and took the Heavenly Gondola ride and enjoyed several of the area restaurants.
The condition of the cabin made this a less than enjoyable time for me. As I told the owners, I didn't mind cleaning up after myself and my family, but I didn't want to spend my vacation cleaning a cabin which should have been clean before we got there. The owner assured me these will be addressed; I have no reason to doubt him. I would not recommend this to anyone else, I'm sorry to say. Since the rental price has to be paid in advance and is nonrefundable I expected a much better experience.
We would return to the South Lake Tahoe area, but not to this cabin.
We take great pride in our home and work with every renter to make certain they have an enjoyable stay. As most all of our reviews show, our guests typically have a very positive experience. We have high standards for the condition of our home - including the number of towels - and its cleanliness but clearly this has been a problem lately. Consequently, we are changing our cleaning service. And as noted, the refrigerator is being repaired - the replacement part had to be ordered from the manufacturer.
DELIGHFUL HOME AND LOCATION.
Cleaning crew need to be checked on. Dust and dirt under furniiture, spotted blankets, dirty stove oven, dirty pots and pans. Refrigerator runs constantly and may need servicing. I assume the coils need vacumming. These are not complaints but mearly observations as we had an enjoyable stay.
Thirty (30) days before refunding cleaning deposit.appears excessive.