Beachfront Cottage on Lake Huron in Straits of Mackinac(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Beachfront 2 BR 1 BA Cottage on Lake Huron
Member since: 2003
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom has a queen bed, seating area and lots of closet space. Large bright windows open to the beautiful forest vista. Guest bedroom is a bunk bed with double on bottom - and for those young climbers, a single on top. Large spacious closet - stocked with toys, books, puzzles and games. All bed linens are provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Over 100 feet of Lake Huron waterfront afford spectacular views from our East facing cottage. Our day begins with gorgeous sunrises and dramatic freighters and pleasure boats cruising Lake Huron to the stunning sight of cruise ships and freighters lit from stem to stern at night. You'll be awestruck when you see the Northern Lights from our beach at night. You'll know you're in a special place when viewing eagle, deer, turkey, loons, cranes and swans, butterflies and hummingbirds. Beautiful wooded drive from the main road down to the cottage provides privacy and seclusion. For your convenience we have a picnic table, child swing set and garden chairs. A large fire pit on the beach makes s-mores and a wiener roast a must during your stay. Starter supplies for cottage including toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, dish and hand soap are provided. All kitchen and bath linens provided. All bedding is provided. ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Child's Swing
- Outdoor Grill
- Small Cooler
- Walkway To Water
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $95 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Cleaning fee $95
- Tax Rate 6%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Ferry for Bois Blanc Island leaves from Cheboygan Michigan, about 30 miles east of Mackinaw City. Bois Blanc is a rustic, secluded Island gem in the Straits of Mackinaw. Accessible only by car ferry or airplane, a car is required for the Island. One General Store/Gas station/Restaurant with internet access serves the Island. Provisions should be purchased on the mainland and brought with you. Alternatively, stores in Cheboygan can pack and send groceries/supplies on the ferry for a small fee.
Other Activities: Miles and miles of hiking trails, inland lakes and beaches to explore.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Residing in Texas, the Cook's love spending time at their home away from home, Bois Blanc Island.
Why the Owner Chose Pointe Aux Pins, MI, USA:
Karen grew up spending summers on Bois Blanc, so when we had children, we wanted them to get to know the Island. The boys, like their parents have come to love and appreciate Bois Blanc with all its unique discoveries. We look forward all winter to spending our summers on the Island.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The privacy of Cook Cottage is what first attracted us to this property. The cottage is set away from the road, when we don't want to see or hear civilization, this is the perfect spot. The east end of the Island has beautiful sunrises and is close to Mary's Lake and trails for discovery. The beautiful view from the cottage down to Lake Huron provides an excellent view of wildlife including eagle, deer and the like. The cottage is bright and cheerfully decorated with a lighthouse decor. Nights spent viewing the Milky Way from our beach front is uniquely spectacular, as we don't have the light pollution from the mainland. Awesome!!
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of house from front yard
Your spectacular view, a few short steps from Lake Huron beachfront
100 feet of Lake Huron waterfront
Spacious living area facing the 3 panel sliding glass door with spectacular view
Dining area, can't beat the view!!
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Master bedroom with queen firm mattress. Sleep to the relaxing sounds of waves.
Great Blue Heron in the front yard
You NEVER know what you may spot on Lake Huron. Best to spend your day lakeside
Wildlife spotting on Lake Huron, just out your front door.
Sunrise over Lake H great time for viewing wildlife, and a strong cup of coffee
View of Lake Huron from house
View from living room out to lake Huron
Living Area facing Lake Huron
Fully stocked kitchen with side door entry
Dining and bar area
Kitchen and side entry door
Bathroom with full size tub and shower, washer and dryer
Resident turtle at Mary's Lake, grabbed my bait!
Cabin sweet Cabin!
We call this "big rock" for obvious reasons!
End of another spectacular day on Lake Huron.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.