About the property
- Cabin941 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Get ready to enjoy this beautifully crafted cedar-shake cabin at the historic 'Log Cabin Inn'. This location offers the pristine river-front atmosphere you are looking for. The over-sized screened-in porch with outdoor furniture will be your favorite place to get together after an adventurous or peaceful day in paradise.
The stone fireplace in the living room will warm your mornings as you prepare for your day on the river, the trail, the slopes, or the lake, while the new beds provide a comfortable night's sleep.
Make sure you 'take-in' all that this area has to offer -- it might be a challenge to pull yourself away from the porch long enough to do all of that skiing, golfing, rafting, hiking, biking, fishing, boating and sightseeing you 'planned' on doing. Of course, nobody else has to know that you just relaxed and 'renewed' all weekend or week... right?
Reserve some 'you-time' or some 'family-time' today, it may be the best investment you'll make all year! Take advantage of the weekly discount and really enjoy yourselves!
Lisa and Jonathan Mahody
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
About Lisa and Jonathan Mahody
We're Jonathan and Lisa Mahody, dba, RiverOceanViews Management. We live directly across the river from The Log Cabin Inn and manage several of the cabins, but this is the original -- the one that started it all for our company. This cabin was chosen by the builder of the project as the best location and best cabin on the property.
Lisa and Jonathan Mahody purchased this Cabin in 2008
Why Lisa and Jonathan Mahody chose McKenzie Bridge
This location is the closest to the river of all the cabins in the community. Enjoy the extra large screened-in porch facing the river -- you may never want to leave. This cabin is the only one in the community that offers a door off the screened-in porch to the river.
What makes this Cabin unique
The intimacy with the river and the exit door off the huge screened-in porch make this the most unique cabin on the property.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Very nice peaceful cabin! We enjoyed our stay very much!
Thank you for your review and please come again!
Beautifully finished! Cozy!
There was nothing more we could have needed during our stay. The back porch is wonderful - overlooking the river.
Thanks for staying with us! Please come again!
Beautiful cabin with access to all of the local goodies
An absolutely lovely cabin on the River, no doubt. That said, folks should be aware of a few things when booking:
- This cabin is in a cluster of other cabins in close proximity, and you'll find yourself shlepping your chosen goods from your vehicle to the cabin that doesn't have a dedicated driveway or parking spot. No big deal, really. Just be prepared to make multiple small trips.
- Wifi is available, but it's dial-up speed at best. Good for knowing the weather, but rubbish for anything streaming like music or even browsing your favorite sites. Not a deal breaker if your're in the area for it's high-points like hiking, biking, or getting away. Just be aware - it's super, duper slow :)
- It's mentioned in a few other reviews and echoed here: no shampoo or the like. Bring your own human-washing items. Towels and the like are on-site, so that's that.
- Nice little kitchen to cook in. Bring paper towels if you like, as there's none available. Oh, and perhaps a sponge or some other way to quickly wash some dishes. There's a dishwasher in the unit, but otherwise you'll find yourself using a washcloth to wash dishes and pans between uses like we did if you're not using enough to run a dishwasher.
- REAL close to a pub and a rock-star level "General Store" that is really a small grocer/grill/amazing outdoor hangout spot. Good grub to be had at either, and growlers can be bought and filled at the GS if that's your bag. Great people at both.
- No shoes in the unit. So, bring your slippers :)
- Some Grade D TP. Like, 1/4 ply type-stuff. Either bring your own or be willing to triple up and make do.
- Yep, there's a TV with limited "cable" and a DVD player. No DVD's on-site, so just know that. There's so much to do and see in nature around that this shouldn't be an issue, but I know that other VRBO and ABnB spots have a lil library on-site to choose from. Don't expect that, and you'll be golden. I was able to catch some EPL matches on a Sunday morning, so yipee!
- There was a bit of an ant problem when we were there, but that's just part of being part of an eco-system. Ants gotta eat too! Don't let it put you off. High-five the lil homies and seal your food up real good and you're all set.
Jonathan was on-site when we arrived and was super pleasant. Would recommend this spot for anyone wanting to explore the Mckenzie River area more. Great location.
Had a lovely time
This cabin is in a great location on the river and next to a cafe and the general store. The owners answered emails promptly and were thorough in explaining directions, etc.
The only thing I would share to prospective visitors is that there are only 2 beds, so it is really only comfortable for 2 people sleeping by themselves, or 2 couples. We had 4 girls for a girls' weekend and the sleeping situation was not ideal. The owners call the couch a "sleeping sofa", but it does not have a hide-a-bed. It is just a couch. Luckily one of us brought our own memory foam mattress that we set up in the living room.
Otherwise, it was a lovely stay.
Thank you for staying, and for reminding me to correct the couch description. The older couch was a sleeper sofa, but we found a much nicer and more comfortable couch that is not a sleeper and replaced the old one. The old sleeper sofa we had wasn't as comfortable as the new inflatable queen mattress we now have available in the downstairs closet for use in the living room, or even on the screened in porch.
Please come again.
Beautiful cabin right on the river, right off the highway, with everything we (and our dogs) needed for a relaxing weekend getaway. This is my fourth or fifth McKenzie River cabin rental, and I think its my very favorite so far.
Thank you Rebecca! We really appreciate you choosing our cabin for your getaway! Please come again! ..... Jonathan and Lisa.
Wonderful cabin on the river
Great location in a beautiful area. Trails, hot springs, restaurants, and gas station all near by. The cabin was very nice. The sound of the river was very relaxing.
Thank you Jennifer!
This cabin really does allow you to "experience" the river for sure, and the location is just perfect with all of the local services so conveniently close by.
Please come back again!
Jonathan and Lisa
Blue River Reservoir and Cougar Reservoir are both within about 15 minutes for all water sports, The famous Tokatee Golf Club is just about 5 minutes, Sahalie Falls is only 20 minutes, and HooDoo Ski Bowl is only about 35 minutes away. There are natural hot-springs in the area as well.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Taxes and fees collected: 8% to Lane County, 1.8% to Oregon, and 4% to the manager to recover costs of payment processing. Book directly with the manager to save on sponsoring site booking fees. Send your check for free or use your credit card for only 4%. A $50 cleaning fee is added to each reservation, but not taxed. Cancellations made prior to 60 days from expected check-in will receive a 100% refund of what's been paid to the manager. Cancellations made between 30 and 60 days from arrival will receive a 50% refund, and cancellations made inside of 30 days from the reserved check-in date will receive no refund. Rescheduling will be considered.