River Lookout - A Unique Vacation Rental
Without entering Credit Card Info, scroll down to "owner" see my photo? Look just right of my photo, a bubble with:
“Ask Owner a Question”
No commitment, get an answer or a quote, Pre-approve you to book and I'll attach the house floor plan - something few Owners do, Making it easy 2 decide to book!
READY TO BOOK?
Great! Enter your Credit Card & Information.... but a few things you should know for your quoted rate to accepted without it being edited.
FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Vacation Rentals that are booked by more than a couple of adults have unique challenges. One of which is once a single weekend night is booked, the rest of the week is likely to go unbooked. This site’s rate structure is mostly set up for their main type of listing, rentals that sleep 4 or less. Which presents me with some challenges. How do I structure nightly rates, when once a single night is booked, the rest of the week is likely to go unbooked? I’ve come up with the following:
POSTED RATES ARE BASED ON:
1. Most stays* are based on 4 or more nights being rented when the stay takes place over a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
2. Weekday Stays, that fill gaps between weekends, can be as short as 2 nights at posted rates.
3. There is an added Fee for a check-in or out that happens on a Saturday (possibly Friday too).
* HOLIDAYS & DATES, RATES ARE BASED ON LONGER THAN 4 NIGHT STAY:
Thanksgiving and New Years (5 or more Nights)
Cruisin the Coast (7 nights)
Dates More than 6 months, generally require 6 or more nights to be booked
Many choose to book less nights, arrive (or depart) on a Saturday, but their rate, is not posted... but for what you’ll get with this amazing property, it is well worth it and a better value than many properties.
BUT THE SITE SHOWS A 2 NT MINIMUM?
1st you can book 2 nights (but not at the posted rates)
2nd, if you are looking for 2 night stay, you would never have even see the property without that minimum being only 2 nights.
Many Travelers, not realizing by putting in a specific, narrow date range, have limited the number of Vacation Homes they will have an option to book... and most people are pretty flexible when it comes to a vacation. Arriving a day earlier, staying a day later, for an amazing house or paying a wee bit more for their exact dates? Many find it is well worth it.
NEED MORE ROOM?
This House & My 2nd Vac. Rental #351070 (the Great Escape River House) Combined SLEEP UP TO 43 PEOPLE! The Great Escape River House with its unique amenities (including an elevator), the fishing dock between the houses & secluded lot with a private path (not included with either house's individual rental), that is used by folks who book both homes to easily go from one house's property to the next, when near the river. This path and dock are not included with individual House rentals, as it serves a both a buffer zone between properties and Owner’s boats are docked here.
SO WHAT SETS RIVER LOOKOUT APART FROM OTHER VACATION HOMES?
- PRIVATE 14' x 30' In-ground swimming pool
- 60' x 18' covered deck outside the front door
- Deck is raised, so under the deck is also shaded usable space
- Large Covered Deck, right out front door with Ceiling fans, chairs & tables
- It is not in a 'cookie-cutter' subdivision neighborhood
- Hot tub (if you elect to have this amenity)
- The grounds are tranquil in a park-like atmosphere
- Plenty of parking for house occupants
- On a mostly lazy River, with a private beach/sand bar
- Bringing your boat? Tie it to a tree or the Pavilion at the sandbar
- Outside Covered areas
- Pool Table
- 2 areas to grill
- It offers a "Destination" Vacation
....meaning your enjoyment of Gulfport isn't contingent on what you do or what you see in Biloxi/Gulfport. Between the River, house's amenities, and river views, you can have a very relaxing stay at this house away from it all. It is not like leaving your suburb home and going to another suburb home.
BEACH & PAVILION
A brief walk away from the house, down some stairs & a concrete path will lead you to the Beach and Pavilion area. Offering access to, depending on River Levels, a small beach at high tide; a nice sandbar at low tide. There is also a covered Pavilion with a couple of picnic tables, benches, & charcoal grill, right next to the river.
- 7 Beds, 4 Full size (configured as 2 bunk beds), 1 Queen, & 2 King beds
- 4 bedrms - 3 with 1 bed each, 4th with 2 full over full bunk beds
(The full over full bunk beds are well suited for grown men - golfers often stay here) These are NOT flimsy bunk beds, but sturdy, plenty of headroom bunks designed for adult use, while safe for children).
- 2 folding beds
- Queen Sofa Sleeper in Living room Sofa
- Master Bath has a double vanity, Shower & bathtub.
- 2nd Bath stocked with 14 sets of plush towels
- Kitchen well equipped
- Laundry Room with 2 Washers/2 Dryers
- A blanket & quilt on every bed
- Room Darkening Curtains
- Basic Cable (many only offer antenna)
- 4 Flat Screen TV's
- Seating inside for 12+
- Plenty of seating outside on main deck and other areas
- We only use Professional cleaners
(We've actually had another vacation home owner's
cleaner quit saying we were too picky)
- Conveniently & Centrally located on the MS Coast
- In City Limits of Gulfport, Just North of I-10
- Responsive Owner; but not intrusive
THIS IS THE PARADISE VACATION HOME YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
If you are looking for a peaceful, 'getaway from it all' vacation or a vacation where you stay in a secluded area, but are just minutes away from awesome dining, great shopping, casinos, golf courses, Gulf of Mexico Beaches, and entertainment, this is the place for you and your group. Close to the fun, yet feeling like you've gotten away from it all.
HOUSE FLOOR PLAN:
With every quote, a House Floor Plan is sent. This Floor plan is very detailed and the measurements are quite accurate. In addition, the floor plan depicts the surrounding grounds, the house's placement to the pool, river, wooded path, etc. It's an amazing place.... But not every place, is perfect for every guest. Viewing this Floor Plan will ensure there are no unpleasant surprises. If the floor plan will work for you and your group, you can be assured, the house & amenities will meet or exceed your expectations.
* * * * * * INTERESTING IN BOOKING?
RESERVING RIVER LOOKOUT
Each Vacation Home is unique and has different policies. The Rental Agreement must be returned signed, with your driver’s license. River Lookout is in a quiet rural residential neighborhood. We ask that our guests respect that and the surrounding community.
The house & grounds are NOT to be used for large Parties, Weddings, etc. Unless pre-agreed to and Event Fees paid. The rates on this site are based on a lodging stay, which generally excludes visiting guests (non-overnight guests). Quotes are based on the information provided. If it is not stated there will be visitors, it is assumed there will not be any visitors, that the count of adults and children is accurate. Any Pet must be declared on the inquiry; Pet Fee paid. Please provide Overnight guests, pets, & if anticipated, the visiting guest count with inquiries. Any details you wish to include on your desired stay are always appreciated.
RATES based on GUEST COUNT
To keep the house rented and since 16 people rarely travel together, rates are based on less than the house can sleep.
AS AVAILABLE DATES APPROACH, especially in Months to cool to use the pool, to market the house to smaller groups, needing less space, rates are reduced, based on guest count and bedrooms are locked off. If your group is less than 9 people:
ROOM CONFIGURATION BASED ON SMALL GUEST COUNT:
1 - 4 PEOPLE ***
The Master bedroom & bath, common areas (includes sofa sleeper), & Hall bathroom. Guests have full use of house, except for 3 other Bedrooms (1 with Bunk beds, 1 King Bed & 1 Queen Bed + the 2 folding beds [stored in bunk room]).
5 - 6 PEOPLE ***
The Master bedroom & bath, Hall King Bedroom, common areas (includes sofa sleeper), & Hall bathroom. Guests have full use of house, except for 2 Bedrooms (1 with Bunk beds & 1 Queen Bed + the 2 folding beds [stored in bunk room]).
7 - 8 PEOPLE ***
Full access to the entire house, except the Bunk Bedroom & 2 folding beds.
9 + PEOPLE
*** Added charge for any visitors on these reduced rates
1. Floor Plan available showing areas of house you will have access.
2. Rates Rentals for less than 9 people are generally available 4 weeks prior to an available date November - February. 1 to 2 week prior to an available date, March - October.
3. Because cleaning fee can't be adjusted on the "Book it Now" it has been factored into the nightly rates, with smaller groups & the limited access to sleeping areas based on people count.
Keywords: House, vacation home, water view, vacation rental, River, Riverfront, Waterfront, beach, sea, ocean, beach house, fun, romance, Friends, Family, reunion, retreat, woods, country, pet friendly, beach house, close to golf courses, shopping, near Keesler air force, horse show, Gulfport, Biloxi)