River Lookout - A Unique Vacation Rental
Without entering Credit Card Info, scroll past, on left, "about property" to "owner" see my photo? Look just right of my info, to the contract Owner button. No commitment, get a quote, Pre-approve you to book and I'll attach the house floor plan - something few Owners do, Making it easy 2 decide to book!
RATES BASED ON:
1. The stay not starting or ending on Saturday*
2. Four or more nights being booked*
* You can book less nights & arrive or depart on a Saturday, but not at the posted rates... but for what you’ll get with this amazing property, a better value than many properties.
So if rates are based on 4 or more nights... why does the site allow you to submit an inquiry for fewer nights? Because you would not even see the property with without that option. Many Travelers, not realizing by putting in a specific, narrow date range, have limited the number of Vacation Homes they will have an option to book... and most people are pretty flexible when it comes to a vacation. Arriving a day earlier, staying a day later, for an amazing house or paying a wee bit more for their exact dates? Many find it is well worth it.
REVIEWS or NEED MORE ROOM?
This House & My 2nd Vac. Rental #351070 Combined SLEEP UP TO 43 PEOPLE! The Great Escape River House with its unique amenities (including an elevator), the fishing dock between the houses (not included with either house's individual rental) & path, that is used by folks who book both homes to easily go from one house's property to the next, when near the river.
My Homes consistently meet or exceed Expectations. Please check-out the 160 plus FIVE STAR, guest submitted, reviews.
SO WHAT SETS RIVER LOOKOUT APART FROM OTHER VACATION HOMES?
- PRIVATE 14' x 30' In-ground swimming pool
- 60' x 18' covered deck outside the front door
- Deck is raised, so under the deck is also shaded usable space
- Large Covered Deck, right out front door with Ceiling fans, chairs & tables
- It is not in a 'cookie-cutter' subdivision neighborhood
- Hot tub (if you elect to have this amenity)
- The grounds are tranquil in a park-like atmosphere
- Plenty of parking for house occupants
- On a mostly lazy River, with a private beach/sand bar
- Bringing your boat? Dock it at our dock on adjacent property
- Outside Covered areas
- Pool Table
- 2 areas to grill
- It offers a "Destination" Vacation
....meaning your enjoyment of Gulfport isn't contingent on what you do or what you see in Gulfport. Between the River, house's amenities, and river views, you can have a very relaxing stay at this house away from it all. It is not like leaving your suburb home and going to another suburb home.
BEACH & PAVILION
A brief walk away from the house, down some stairs & a concrete path will lead you to the Beach and Pavilion area. Offering access to, depending on River Levels, a small beach at low tide; a nice sandbar at high tide. There is also a covered Pavilion with a couple of picnic tables, benches, & grill, right next to the river.
- 7 Beds, 4 Full size (configured as 2 bunk beds), 1 Queen, & 2 King beds
- 4 bedrms - 3 with 1 bed each, 4th with 2 full over full bunk beds
(The full over full bunk beds are well suited for grown men - golfers often stay here.
These are NOT flimsy bunk beds, but sturdy, plenty of headroom bunks designed for
adult use, while safe for children).
- 2 folding beds
- Queen Sofa Sleeper in Living room Sofa
- Master Bath has a double vanity, Shower & bathtub.
- 2nd Bath stocked with 14 sets of plush towels
- Comfortable beds (please check-out previous Reviews)
- Kitchen well equipped
- New Bedding, furnishings, plush towels
- Extra pillows
- Laundry Room with Washer/Dryer
- A blanket & quilt on every bed
- Room Darkening Curtains
- Basic Cable (many only offer antenna)
- 4 Flat Screen TV's
- Seating inside for 12+
- Plenty of seating outside on main deck and other areas
- We only use Professional cleaners
(We've actually had another vacation home owner's
cleaner quit saying we were too picky)
- Conveniently & Centrally located on the MS Coast
- In City Limits of Gulfport, Just North of I-10
- Responsive Owner; but not intrusive
THIS IS THE PARADISE VACATION HOME YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
If you are looking for a peaceful, 'getaway from it all' vacation or a vacation where you stay in a secluded area, but are just minutes away from awesome dining, great shopping, casinos, golf courses, Gulf of Mexico Beaches, and entertainment, this is the place for you and your group. Close to the fun, yet feeling like you've gotten away from it all.
HOUSE FLOOR PLAN:
With every quote, a House Floor Plan is sent. This Floor plan is very detailed and the measurements are quite accurate. In addition, the floor plan depicts the surrounding grounds, the house's placement to the pool, river, wooded path, etc. It's an amazing place.... But not every place, is perfect for every guest. Viewing this Floor Plan will ensure there are no unpleasant surprises. If the floor plan will work for you and your group, you can be assured, the house & amenities will meet or exceed your expectations.
For more information on the River Lookout, it has its own website with more photos and information. This website is not intended to prevent Guests from booking directly with this website. Rather provide more information.
* * * * * * INTERESTING IN BOOKING?
RESERVING RIVER LOOKOUT
Each Vacation Home is unique and has different policies. The Rental Agreement must be returned signed. River Lookout is in a quiet rural residential neighborhood. We ask that our guests respect that and the surrounding community.
The house & grounds are NOT to be used for large Parties, Weddings, etc. Unless pre-agreed to and Event Fees paid. The rates on this site are based on a lodging stay, which generally excludes visiting guests (non-overnight guests). Quotes are based on the information provided. If it is not stated there will be visitors, it is assumed there will not be any visitors, that the count of adults and children is accurate. Any Pet must be declared on the inquiry; Pet Fee paid. Please provide Overnight guests, pets, & if anticipated, the visiting guest count with inquiries. Any details you wish to include on your desired stay are always appreciated.
RATES based on GUEST COUNT
To keep the house rented and since 16 people rarely travel together, rates are based on less than the house can sleep.
As dates approach, available dates or during the off season, smaller groups, needing less space, can book at a reduced rate. If your group is less than 9 people:
ROOM CONFIGURATION BASED ON SMALL GUEST COUNT:
1 - 4 PEOPLE *
The Master bedroom & bath, common areas (includes sofa sleeper), & Hall bathroom. Guests have full use of house, except for 3 other Bedrooms (1 with Bunk beds, 1 King Bed & 1 Queen Bed + the 2 folding beds [stored in bunk room]).
5 - 6 PEOPLE *
The Master bedroom & bath, Hall King Bedroom, common areas (includes sofa sleeper), & Hall bathroom. Guests have full use of house, except for 2 Bedrooms (1 with Bunk beds & 1 Queen Bed + the 2 folding beds [stored in bunk room]).
7 - 8 PEOPLE *
Full access to the entire house, except the Bunk Bedroom & 2 folding beds.
9 + PEOPLE
1. Floor Plan available showing areas of house you will have access.
2. Rates Rentals for less than 8 people are available 3 - 6 weeks prior to an available date.
3. Because cleaning fee can't be adjusted on the "Book it Now" it has been factored into the nightly rates, with smaller groups & the limited access to sleeping areas based on people count.
SATURDAY (in or out) HAS ADDITIONAL CHARGE:
Why? Because most of our bookings are 4 - 5 nights, taking place over the full weekend & rates have been based on those bookings.
For instance, most 4 NT bookings are Wed - Sun or Thurs - Mon. 5 NT bookings are Wed - Mon or Thurs - Tues.
Most weekly bookings are Sun - Sun or something like Wed - Wed.
All the above scenarios, have the booking taking place over the full weekend (both Friday and Saturday night).
Sometimes, which works GREAT, folks will book a Sunday to Thursday for 4 nights, avoiding the higher weekend rates... leaving those weekend nights, for the weekend traveler.
So what is the issue with a Saturday - Saturday stay? If you book a Sat - Sat stay, no one, Literally NO ONE is going to book a stay where they arrive the Sat of your departure or depart the Sat of your check in. So while rates are based on a week stay that will cross over 1 weekend, now this Sat - Sat booking will prevent a 2nd weekend from being booked, by 95% of our typical guests.
Based on booking history, if there is a check in or out, on a Sat (and generally the same applies to Friday), the dates prior to that check-in & check-out do not book.
Should you choose a Fri or Sat check in or out, the dates will be quoted but there will be an ADDED FEE for your desired dates.
Keywords: House, vacation home, water view, vacation rental, River, Riverfront, Waterfront, beach, sea, ocean, beach house, fun, romance, Friends, Family, reunion, retreat, woods, country, pet friendly, beach house, close to golf courses, shopping, near Keesler air force, horse show, Gulfport, Biloxi)