To reserve call 608-374-3150. This newer cedar home sits just 30 ft. from the waters edge. It has a fireplace, year 'round hot tub and central air. Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, widescreen flat TV (Satellite), DVD/VCR player, stereo/cd player, a large lakeside deck with furniture, a Weber charcoal grill, your own dock with a row boat and peddle boat and a campfire ring. In addition to the main deck there is a deck right on the water. The master bedroom has a king size bed. In addition to the large great room there is a large family room with another TV. There is also full size a washer and dryer. You and your children will take delight with our water trampoline in the spring fed fishing/swimming lake.
- House1800 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 - 7 nights
Sleeps Up To 12 People, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths Plus 2 Sleeper Sofas +twin & ro
Terry and Sally
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 5, 2018
About Terry and Sally
My wife, Sally and I (Terry) came here from the Chicago area and built Birch lake from the ground up.
Why Terry and Sally chose Tomah
Coming from Chicago, we were very aware of the hassles of urban living and the need to occasionally get away from it all. We felt that many urbanites would not be satisfied with your average 'cabin in the woods', but instead would appreciate comfort and luxury.
What makes this House unique
We knew our location was perfect, halfway between Chicago and Minneapolis/St. Paul via interstate 90/94 all the way, 3 1/2 hours from each. The property is beautiful, wooded with a spring fed fishing/swimming lake which we named 'Birch Lake' because the lake is surrounded with white birch and pines. We then started building after giving much thought to what our guests would want, need and appreciate. One of the most outstanding features is peace, quiet and natural beauty.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
The perfect escape from everyday life.
My daughter requested to go fishing and have campfires with family for her 21st birthday. I searched the internet and found this little gem. We were all pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the accommodations were. Clean, good size, quiet,lakefront house. I was skeptical at first because I have never rented a house from pictures on the internet alone but it was exactly how you see it on the website. The hosts provided everything we needed for easy check-in and check-out. No one ever bothered us but, I knew if I needed anything they were a phone call away. With unseasonably chilly weather the hot tub was our favorite part. We can't wait to return.
So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for letting us know. We look forward to your return.
Haven - Critter Haven
My family stayed at the Haven this past weekend. We sent the following complaints (With more details) to the owners and were met with excuse after excuse...the only "remedy" was to offer a more thorough cleaning if we book again and if we remember to tell them at booking,,,
1. Let's start with WiFi - didn't work. My mother in fact called once because she just needed to connect to clear an error so that she could read her book. She was told to stand on the front porch.
2. The stove was filthy - so much caked on gunk that is smells like the place is burning down without any food in it (preheating) - I
3. The couch in the living room upstairs: we had to get a blanket from downstairs to cover it because it smelled like someone had pooped in their pants and left it sit.
4. The mold around the vents in the bathroom downstairs and stains on the walls shows that the place is rarely thoroughly cleaned - not to mention the dust bunnies everywhere.
5. Sheets on the king bed were crusty.
6. There was a pile of seeds sitting under the pillow in one queen room.
7. Sofa sleepers and everyone of them was covered with mouse poop when we took the cushions off.
8. The worst by far was the mouse infestation. My parents arrived on Thursday night and saw a mouse in the kitchen that night - Friday morning they went and bought mouse traps; there was a constant critter scurrying in the wall after dark. There was also tufts of mouse fur on the dresser in the game room. And then there was poop on multiple surfaces in the kitchen every morning. While we understand that mice come inside in fall - this has obviously been a problem for quite sometime given the amount of evidence left behind.
9. Wasn't a big issue but the whirlpool jets work - there are two that function but don't really push much out - the rest either don't work or barely bubble - plus the fan looks like it is ready to collapse.
For the price paid per night, we could have rented a suite in the Dells for this price and they are more thoroughly cleaned.
Our maintenance man found the source of the mouse entry. Someone had broken off the outside vent cover for the clothes dryer so it was wide open for the mice to enter. It is fixed now. Our other homes didn't have mice so now we know why the Haven home did. The wifi was down Friday evening and part of Saturday. We control a lot of things but can't control our internet service provider. We inspected the couch, which is relatively new and found no odors or stains of "poop". I sent this guest an email with apologies, not excuses and all I got in return was this vicious review. Please read all of our other reviews below this one..
Fantastic Bachelorette Party Weekend!
We rented the Haven Home for my bachelorette party weekend a couple weeks ago & we could not have been more happy! We had 9 girls & it was the perfect amount of space for all of us to fit comfortably around the deck, play games in the living room, eat dinner together & cook in the kitchen. The cabin is secluded enough to offer some beautiful views, while still being within driving distance to Tomah & Sparta. The owners were very easy to work with & respond very quickly. My only regret was that we didn't come in the summer so we could enjoy the lake & trails. We will certainly be booking a summer reunion trip next year!
Great family holiday away!!
We rented one of their cabins over Christmas 2013. There are about 5 cabins on the property. The cabin we had was very nice and had many great features! We appreciated the privacy we were given as we were a little concerned about that. The information they provide is clear and specific on the items you should bring along. We all slept well - enjoyed relaxing by the fire and afternoons in the hot tub. You will not be disappointed if you rent this cabin as a winter getaway! 15 minutes drive and we were able to go tubing! We found the cabin to be well appointed and it had everything we needed. There is even laundry in the master bath on the main floor! Just superb! We're excited about our next visit to our "Christmas Cottage..."
Hi Pam....thank you very much for your nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay and comments like yours motivate us to pursue the highest standards we are capable of.
Full weeks only in summer months. Beautiful views everywhere. We are located in the driftless plain with rolling hills, bluffs, and forests. Only 35 miles from Wisconsin Dells, interstate all the way. There is a hiking/nature trail that goes all around Birch Lake. We are only 7 miles outside of Tomah, a city that offers grocery stores, restaurants, bars, fast foods, a casino and all your shopping needs including antique shops and a lake. Wildcat mountain and canoe trips are just 25 min. away. The Elroy/Sparta bike trail is just 15 min away. All homes at Birch Lake are lakeside and there are four separate swimming beaches. The lake is stocked for fishing, no license required.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
We only rent full weeks in summer months. Some holidays require a 3 night minimum stay and are $30 per night higher than regular off season rates. Summer rates for extra guests are 15.00 per person per night.