'Little Neck' is situated on 7 acres of pristine preserve with arguably the most spectacular view of Buzzards Bay looking down the Slocum River. Ospreys, striped bass, sailing, kayaking, swimming, bird watching - a rare piece of Heaven on the South Coast of Massachusetts.
Our spacious New England summer home (now winterized) invites you to sit on the large porch with the above spectacular view, or in the lovely sunroom with picture window views of the river and the bay, binoculars included! The privacy and comfort of the four en suite bedrooms provides an enjoyable stay for a group of family and friends. The dining room table with its water view seats ten for an easy and delicious dinner of corn-on-the-cob and fresh fish prepared on the large gas grill on the east terrace. And after dinner, pile into the car for a quick trip to Salvador’s for ice cream! The evening can be spent exploring the large library in the living room, stocked with novels, field guides, TV, movies, and games.
Nearby activities include:
- swim & fish from our pier, or across the river at the Demarest Lloyd State Park
- rent kayaks to cruise the river
- hike on the Lloyd Center for the Environment trails nearby.
- explore historic New Bedford and its Whaling Museum
- shop in the picturesque villages of Westport and Padanaram
- enjoy the art scene this summer in Providence, RI: Waterfire Providence
- tour the mansions in Newport, RI
- sample wine & beer at Westport Winery & Buzzards Bay Brewing
- take the one-hour ferry service to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket
- enjoy a day trip to Cape Cod
- play a round of golf at Hawthorne Country Club
- attend live theatre and music at the Zeiterion Theatre in New Bedford
- hike on the many trails of the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust land
Please check out our web site for more information.
We also accept Credit Card payment.
Our guests say:
“ My dad calls the view of the Slocum from the porch 'the lagoon of tranquility' and gazing upon it always has a calming effect…. Thanks to the sisters for keeping LN going and sharing this magical place with us!”
“Thank you for sharing your most beautiful place …we hiked, we biked, kayaked and enjoyed swimming daily and catching up with each other – we loved the privacy and serenity of this very magical place; we leave relaxed and refreshed! Thanks for the home-baked cookies upon arrival and all your generosity. We’d love to return someday. Many, many thanks!”