'Little Neck' - Where the Slocum River Meets Buzzards Bay(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 Bedrooms, 4 ensuite bathrooms, sleeps 9, + 2 folding cots
Our spacious New England summer home (now winterized) invites you to sit on the large porch with the above spectacular view, or in the lovely sunroom with picture window views of the river and the bay, binoculars included! The privacy and comfort of the four en suite bedrooms provides an enjoyable stay for a group of family and friends. The dining room table with its water view seats ten for an easy and delicious dinner of corn-on-the-cob and fresh fish prepared on the large gas grill on the east terrace. And after dinner, pile into the car for a quick trip to Salvador’s for ice cream! The evening can be spent exploring the large library in the living room, stocked with novels, field guides, TV, movies, and games.
Nearby activities include:
- swim & fish from our pier, or across the river at the Demarest Lloyd State Park
- rent kayaks to cruise the river
- hike on the Lloyd Center for the Environment trails nearby.
- explore historic New Bedford and its Whaling Museum
- shop in the picturesque villages of Westport and Padanaram
- enjoy the art scene this summer in Providence, RI: Waterfire Providence
- tour the mansions in Newport, RI
- sample wine & beer at Westport Winery & Buzzards Bay Brewing
- take the one-hour ferry service to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket
- enjoy a day trip to Cape Cod
- play a round of golf at Hawthorne Country Club
- attend live theatre and music at the Zeiterion Theatre in New Bedford
- hike on the many trails of the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust land
Please check out our web site for more information.
We also accept Credit Card payment.
Our guests say:
“ My dad calls the view of the Slocum from the porch 'the lagoon of tranquility' and gazing upon it always has a calming effect…. Thanks to the sisters for keeping LN going and sharing this magical place with us!”
“Thank you for sharing your most beautiful place …we hiked, we biked, kayaked and enjoyed swimming daily and catching up with each other – we loved the privacy and serenity of this very magical place; we leave relaxed and refreshed! Thanks for the home-baked cookies upon arrival and all your generosity. We’d love to return someday. Many, many thanks!”
Member since: 2013
- 2 story
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 9
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
- Four bedrooms, each with an ensuite full bath
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- The rental property is the spacious and prominent upper two floors of a large, three story hillside house; the main rental entry is on ground level. The lower floor apartment, situated below the hill, is occupied by year round tenant with separate entry and parking area. Renters have complete privacy and the lay of the land allows both units to co-exist wonderfully. ...moreless
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 6 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 5 - May 24, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Pet Fee $250
- non-refundable cleaning $225
- Taxes Not included
OFF SEASON SPECIAL: 7 nights for the price of 6!
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% of deposit (less $200) returned if reservation is cancelled 180+ days before check-in date; 50% returned if reservation is cancelled 90-179 days before check-in date.
Please note: Rates posted are subject to change depending on number of guests, holiday weekends, and until deposit is received and agreement is executed.
The 250.00 Pet fee is refundable
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
-Kayaking - bring your own or pick up a rental nearby: Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures
-Swimming off our pier
-Fishing from our pier
-Beach swimming and walking at the Demarest Lloyd State Beach across the river
-Hiking on the Lloyd Center for the Environment -
-Hiking on the many trails of the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust land -
-Childrens' Museum, South Dartmouth
-The Whaling Museum, New Bedford vrbo #467603
-Westport Rivers Winery
-Dedee Shattuck Gallery
-Shopping at the Dartmouth Mall
Year Purchased: 1961
About the owner: Our house was built in the early 1900s as a summer house. Our parents purchased the property in 1961, and had the house winterized in the late sixties. In the 70s, the upper bedroom was added and the house split into two units. The four sisters (Charlotte, Hilary, Jenny & Katy) now own Little Neck and continue enjoying swimming, fishing and kayaking in the river with their families, as we hope will you!
View from the porch
Sailing on the Slocum
The Living Room
The Sun Room
Party on the porch
the Kids' Room
The 'Boom Boom' room, second floor
View of the house in early spring
A fall walk next door
The View - from the porch!
Front of the house
The ocean-view dining area
Grilling dinner on the terrace
The 'Big' Bedroom
The House from the river
A fawn in the marsh outside the west living room window!
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.