Now Booking 2017! *Orange Beach*Pet Friendly * Boat Friendly*(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Canal front house 3BR + Bonus room w/ 2.5BA, Sleeps 12, close to beach
Need a stress-free vacation with salt air, nostalgic sunsets, comfy beds and real southern hospitality? Join us at Boat Street Cottage, located at an address you will always remember; Boat Street in beautiful Orange Beach, Alabama (right next door to Gulf Shores)!
Boat Street Cottage is centrally located in the friendly, coastal town of Orange Beach, right by Gulf Shores, Alabama. You will find everything you might need within minutes and all the fun is even closer. Ready to put your toes in the sand? You'll find one of the world's most beautiful beaches only 1.5 miles away! Bring your boat & enjoy our beautiful backwaters & bays…cruise to The Wharf, LuLu’s, Tacky Jacks, Pirate’s Cove or adventure out into the Gulf... they’re all just minutes away! The subdivision boat ramp is conveniently located directly across the canal from the house. You can leave your boat docked right in your own backyard!
From the rocking chairs greeting you on the front porch, to the swings on the back porch, Boat Street Cottage is a relaxing home awaiting your return after a fun-filled day exploring the Gulf Coast!
• Relax in the family room with its 55” Samsung LED flat screen TV, Direct-TV, DVD player with a large library of movies, Apple TV, Netflix and comfortable leather couches or enjoy a friendly game of ping pong in the rec room downstairs. Did we mention the free Wi-Fi?
• Prefer to eat in? The chefs among you will love the outstanding kitchen, loaded with a variety of cookware, granite counter tops & upgraded stainless steel range and refrigerator. A grill is located downstairs for your convenience. Enjoy your meals inside or out, served on one of the porches or decks overlooking the water.
• The private Master bedroom pampers you with a king size four poster bed, 32' Samsung LED SmartTV, DVD player, Netflix, walk in closet, full bath w/ Jacuzzi (perfect size for 2), separate shower, lots of light from the stained glass window to the door leading to the large screened porch overlooking the water.
• Upstairs your group will enjoy a well-appointed, family sized full bath, 2 Bedrooms and a spacious bonus room.
1. Bedroom #1 has a King size bed & flat screen TV with Direct-TV.
2. Bedroom #2 has (3) twin beds.
3. In the bonus room the kids will love the bunk bed with full/twin combo, sitting area, & 32' flat screen TV .
Hang out with friends & family on the deck, enjoy a game of bean bag toss or do a little fishing or crabbing right off the pier in the backyard. Just watch out for Mr. Crabby (our neighborhood Great Heron pal named for his cheery personality)...he's been known to steal a fresh catch for his dining pleasure! Take a short stroll or ride bikes & explore some of Orange Beach's greatest treasures; such as: the Back Country Trail, Waterfront Park, a favorite location for watching dolphin at play & some of the most amazing sunsets anywhere and also interesting to many, the Aquatics Center & Museum, Rec. Center, Sportsplex, the gourmet restaurants and so much more!
**Why choose Boat Street Cottage?
• Located on downtown 'Boat Street', a peaceful and family oriented dead-end street in the center of Orange Beach, situated on a deep lot to provide a private feel when you are enjoying the waterfront screened porch or the sun deck. Away from the hustle & bustle of crowded condos, there are no worries with long lines & parking problems here. Yet, you are only minutes away from all the vacation action.
• Yes, you are 5 minutes or less from the glittery sugar white sand beaches of the famous Gulf of Mexico.
• Beach chairs, beach toys, board games, ping pong table, bean bag toss,, dvd library, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, Smart TV, Netflix, Apple TV box, washer & dryer…they’re all included. Think what all you won’t have to haul with you.
***Within 5 to 10 minute walk***
• Orange Beach Recreation Center & Aquatics Center – pool, playground, game room, basketball, volleyball, 24 hour fitness facility and more.
• The Keg, beverages and the famous Keg Burger is a must try!
• Orange Beach Waterfront Park – 400’ fishing pier, covered pavilions, picnic area w/ grills and seating, awesome playground. An ideal setting for photographs with Wolf Bay as the backdrop.
• Dog Park – “Unleashed in Orange Beach” - separate areas for large/small dogs, water stations & training stations.
• Cayman Grill – waterfront dining
• Sam’s Stop & Shop – (a local favorite) find everything you need from fishing supplies to sportswear, groceries, fuel; “if you need it, you’ll find it here.”
• Orange Beach Library
• Flyboard OBA – Located at the Cayman Grill. Ready for a new adventure? Flyboarding is the newest action water sport in our area. …check it out!
***Within 5 to 10 minute drive****
• The Gulf State Park
• The Wharf – Movie theater, Ferris Wheel (largest in the Southeast), shopping, dining, marina, entertainment (including a 10,000 seat Amphitheater).
• Dolphin Cruises
• Charter a deep sea fishing trip – Orange Beach is one of the “Ultimate fishing towns in America”! You’ll find several charter boat companies & marinas close by.
• The Hangout – Gulf Shores
• Abundance of restaurants to choose from: Cosmos, Diamond Jims, Flippers, Fisher’s at Orange Beach Marina, Tacky Jacks (Orange Beach & Gulf Shores), LuLu’s, Cottons, Doc’s Seafood, Brick and Spoon, Lester’s.
Orange Beach is known across the USA, not only for its stunning beaches but for its welcoming, small town hospitality. We love that about our hometown, you will too. We want you to enjoy Boat Street Cottage. That’s why we will do everything we can to ensure your stay with us will be remembered as one of your best vacations. Contact us to check on the calendar & availability. We have some flexibility. We want to work with all our guests on a personal basis, so call anytime. We are looking forward to seeing you at our beautiful beaches, soon!
Boat Street Cottage is waiting to greet you.
Disclosure: The owner/manager is a licensed Real Estate agent in the state of Alabama and Florida.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- The Master bedroom is located downstairs & has a king size four poster bed, SmartTv (hidden in armoire), ceiling fan, plantation shutters, large walk in closet, spacious private bath w/ jacuzzi & separate shower. Upstairs you'll walk into the bonus room w/ full/twin bunk combo, flat screen tv & sitting area. Bedroom #2 is on the left w/ an awesome view of Wolf Bay, (1) King bed, a chest & flat screen tv. Bedroom #3 is on the right w/ (3) Twin beds, a chest & large closet. There is also a Queen / Sleeper Sofa in the Family Room. All bedrooms have ceiling fans. We wish you a wonderful night's sleep! ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Check IN Time is 4:00 P.M. Check OUT Time is 10:00 A.M.
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
'Boat Street Cottage' is located on a quiet street in the center of Orange Beach, walking distance to hiking and biking trails, shopping, water sports, canoe trail, water park, Restaurants and Bars...moreless
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
Deck / Patio:
45 ft. screened porch w/ two 6 ft. oak swings, table, chairs. Large sun deck off the screened porch perfect for sunning. Another sun deck at water's edge. Large front porch w/ rocking chair ...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 24 - Aug 11, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Late Summer 2017
Aug 12 - Oct 13, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 14 - Nov 17, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $175 + tax
- Pet Fee $200 + tax
- Tax Rate 11%
**Please contact us for our best rate quote at 334-799-1216 or 251-948-5555.**
**Rates are subject to change.**
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
'Boat Street Cottage' is located in the heart of Orange Beach, only minutes to Gulf Shores and a short walk, bike ride or drive to many attractions and activities you will find fun and entertaining for the whole family! If you enjoy Golfing, our area offers seven famous signature golf courses, designed by greats such as Arnold Palmer, Bruce Devlin, Jerry Pate, Earl Stone and Robert Von Hagge, are all conveniently located within easy driving range!
Unlimited watersports! Our area offers some of the best offshore and inshore fishing in the country! Canoe Trails, Biking and Hiking trails, Boat and Jet Ski rentals, Zip Line! The Orange Beach and Gulf Shores area is called 'Pleasure Island' for a reason, we have it all for your enjoyment! Feel free to call us anytime to ask questions about our beautiful area or events. Just remember....these are only a few reasons why 'Boat Street Cottage' is your perfect destination spot.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: I have lived in and loved Orange Beach for most of my life, I can't think of a better place to call home! In the early 1900's my family built a vacation cottage in Orange Beach called 'Bruin Cottage' (named for the local Brown Bear). For generations my family enjoyed the summer months here. From childhood, I remember dirt roads, no air conditioning & no telephone...in those days we saw more armadillos than people! All we cared about was the water and nothing else mattered. Those times have changed, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores have now become one of the most sought after vacation destinations in the country! Through my years in Orange Beach, I have been in the boat business and aerial advertising business. For many years now I've been in Real Estate and as a Realtor, I enjoy assisting people in finding their own piece of Paradise on our beautiful Island and surrounding areas. Just a phone call away and will work very hard to earn your trust and be the best host we possibly can. If you have any questions feel free to call anytime. Disclosure: The owner/manager is a licensed Real Estate agent in the State of Alabama & Florida.
Why the Owner Chose Orange Beach, AL, USA:
There are so many reasons we chose this house. We love the welcoming porches, the warm feel when you walk in...like coming home, because that is exactly what it is! We love the location...sitting on the back porch listening to the Mullet jumping & watching for dolphin. The Orange Beach way of life is relaxed and casual. The sugary sand beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Boat Street Cottage is in a fantastic neighborhood, quiet and peaceful yet close to everything. We enjoy riding bikes to the Waterfront Park, watching the sunset over Wolf Bay, being able to walk to dinner at Cayman Grill. Just a couple of blocks over is the Orange Beach Recreation Center...so much to do there! Swim, work-out, tennis, basketball and more. Whether you go by boat or car...you're only minutes from a Tacky Jack's farmer's omelet. The large screened porch is a great place to gather and be out of the hot sun and you are only feet from the water. The kids can fish right in the back yard. There is plenty of room for cars & boat trailers. All of this and the beach is less than 5 minutes down the road!
- Primary: 251-948-5555 251-948-5555
- Secondary: 334-799-1216 334-799-1216
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.