SPECTACULAR SWAN RIVER RETREAT!
Imagine waking up to the idyllic sounds of the rolling river, then relaxing on your deck sipping your first cup of coffee as the sun rises illuminating the majestic Rocky Mountains that rise to 9,820 feet beyond the river’s edge. Spending your day catching beautiful cutthroat trout from a river bank, a raft or a pontoon boat. Or maybe casting your line into one of the many mountain lakes or streams that are minutes away. Play pool or foosball on the covered riverside deck before dinner. BBQ dinners on the deck. Incredible sunsets. S'mores around the campfire at river's edge. Finally curling up in your bedroom overlooking the river, knowing that the white-tail deer will be in the yard when you wake.
Swan River Camp was built in 2001 by local artisans, using trees from our property. It consists of a main cabin with two bedrooms, three full bathrooms, living/dining area, with a large roofed deck adjacent to the river's edge. Behind the cabin is the bunkhouse, consisting of two bedrooms, each with a large loft for the kids, two bunkrooms with four bunks each. It also has a cold-water bathroom. Nearby are three two-story cabins which - along with a trout pond and the main cabin - circle the lush green yard, which itself is bordered by a stream that flows into the river. In the summer, the stream provides a fantastic sand beach swimming hole.
The main cabin has one king, one queen and a pullout in the living room. The bunkhouse has two private bedrooms, each with a queen and a large loft for kids. The three two-story cabins each have a queen bed on the second floor and couches on the first with one of them turning into a pullout. Very comfortable for 26, plus however many kids you want to squeeze into the lofts. There is bottled, but no running water in the three guest cabins; however they do have small refrigerators and microwaves.
The list of things to do at or near the camp is almost endless. Please see the list of amenities in this listing.
• Golf at the Jack Nicklaus designed 27 hole Eagle Bend Golf Course , or at the smaller course at Seeley Lake, both about 40 minutes away.
• There are at least a half dozen golf courses within an hour of the camp.
• Fishing is great, whether it be on the river, a mountain lake or going for the 'big ones' on nearby Flathead Lake.
• Biking. Hiking. The hiking is outstanding. There are weekly organized hikes for people new to the area, or take one of the easy long or short self-guided hikes along the wilderness boundaries up to cascading waterfalls right out of the travel magazines.
• Deer and elk everywhere. A nature paradise for young and old. The property is available year 'round, with great deer and elk hunting in the fall and snowmobiling in the winter.
• The camp is only about an hour south of Glacier National Park.
• The Swan River divides two mountain ranges and empties into Flathead Lake at Bigfork, Montana, a half hour away. The picturesque village of Bigfork is a premier visitor destination with five star restaurants, a world-class summer playhouse, shopping and art galleries that will amaze you.
Treat you and yours to the best Montana experience of a lifetime!! Welcome to the Swan River Camp!