About the property
- House2500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
House, 5 Bedrooms, 5.5 Baths (Sleeps 2-18)
Only 3 years young -- Oceanview 5Br/ 5.5 Bath, 2 Masters, Elevator, Heated Pool (Fee)
*** Please Check our Calendar for Availability ***
Please 'Like' us on Facebook for the latest construction updates, additional information, and many many more photos: Simply search Facebook for 'VacationOIB'
Visit our nearly identical homes directly next door:
"Living the Dream": VRBO Listing # 1104626
"Paradise Found": VRBO Listing # 441547
Be among the first guests to stay at 'My Happy Place' a gorgeous, five bedroom, five and a half bath, custom-built luxury home, newly built in 2015! You will enjoy unobstructed, breathtaking views of both the ocean and the Inter-Coastal Waterway. You will love the beautiful reverse floor plan with two family rooms for entertaining guests of all ages. No need to worry about stairs - you can use the elevator to bring up grocery bags and luggage. Fully equipped handicapped accessible, wide-entry bedroom, with pocket doors and private handicapped accessible bath. Listen to your favorite beach music inside and out of this home with the high end, iPhone/iPod/iPad compatible stereo system and speakers on the top deck, by the pool, and throughout the house.
Our prime and very private location is on 1st Street (2nd row), within 60 Yards of beach access. After the beach, enjoy our spacious inground pool and stamped concrete pool deck, with lounge chairs and table, outdoor shower, and bar.
This home is professionally decorated with high end furnishings. There are plenty of windows to take in the spectacular views and an abundance of upgrades, making it feel much more like a luxury home than a rental property. This is not just another beach rental property. We have decorated our home for the enjoyment of our family and guests, with many extra touches and features not found in the typical rental.
Whether the purpose of your visit to Ocean Isle Beach is a restful vacation or one filled with lots of activities, our home is the perfect place to stay. Our home was designed with comfort and luxury in mind to help make your vacation memorable.
Thank you for considering our home for your beach getaway!
FLOOR PLAN AND ACCOMMODATIONS:
• Reverse Floor Plan with 5 Bedrooms/5.5 Baths.
• Sleeps a maximum of 18:
+ 2nd floor Master bedroom (#1) – one King bed
+ 1st floor Master bedroom (#2) – one King bed
+ 1st floor bedroom (#3) – one Queen + one Twin
+ 1st floor bedroom (#4) – two Full beds (Handicapped accessible room with wide entry for easy access)
+ 1st floor bedroom (#5) – two bunk beds, Twin over Twin
+ 2nd floor family room – one Queen sleeper sofa
+ 1st floor family room – one Queen sleeper sofa
• Well-equipped gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and upgraded stainless steel appliances, including convection oven, convection/microwave oven, extra quiet dishwasher. There are two (2) 25 cf bottom freezer/refrigerators in the kitchen with more than enough room for large families to stock up on food and drinks for the week. Large granite kitchen counter bar with bar stools. We provide plenty of silverware, dishes, glassware and serving utensils for entertaining in style.
• Main living area on 2nd floor. Open floor plan with plenty of seating for the whole family
+ Great room is large with accent lighting, whole home speakers, fireplace and million $$$ ocean views.
+ Custom built-in wall unit with 60' HDTV and whole home stereo system with iPod connection so you can enjoy your favorite music throughout the home.
+ Large dining room table with seating for 12.
+ Half–bath off living area.
+ Sleeper Sofas provide extra sleeping space for extra large gatherings.
• Living area on 1st floor has second large family room (great for kids or second family)
+ Family room features a sofa, 55' HDTV, and entertainment center with HDMI and Wii connections for video game consoles.
+ Laundry room with high efficiency large capacity washer/dryer.
+ Sleeper Sofas provide extra sleeping space for extra large gatherings.
• Spacious covered and uncovered decking (over 1250 sq ft in total!) overlooking unobstructed beach and ocean views!
+ Have your morning coffee or dinner overlooking the ocean on one of two extra large, 18x35 foot decks; the top deck is furnished with large dining table & chairs and wooden rocking chairs! There are two rear decks facing the Inter-Coastal Waterway to enjoy the beautiful OIB sunsets.
+ Additional dining table and rockers is on the top deck off of dining room.
• All bedrooms have plush carpeting HDTV's and direct access to spacious bathrooms with granite counter tops:
+ Master Bath for Bedroom #1 has a custom tile and frameless glass shower, double granite topped vanity.
+ Bath for Bedroom #2 features a custom tile and frameless glass shower and single granite topped vanity.
+ Bath for Bedroom #3 features a full tub/ shower and single granite topped vanity.
+ Bath for Bedroom #4 is fully handicapped accessible, featuring a pocket door for easy ingress and egress, accessible shower with grab bars, movable bench seat, adjustable height hand shower and single granite topped vanity.
+ Bath for Bedroom #5 (bunk room) features a full tub/ shower and single granite topped vanity.
• Wood trimmed 3 stop elevator (950 lb. capacity) makes bringing in groceries and luggage easy. Cab accommodates wheelchair access.
• Giant 26’x14’ in-ground pool features wide stair entry for easy access. Pool can be heated for an additional fee.
• Fenced pool deck area includes beautiful stamped concrete, a tiki bar (with outlets to plug in a blender, etc.), lounge chairs, large covered dining area with table.
• Propane grill available for use (refillable propane tank can be filled locally).
• Pool deck speakers/ stereo system allow you to play your favorite selections from an iPod.
• Ground level includes a beach/pool shower, and changing room.
• House is equipped with beach chairs, umbrellas, beach cart, and cooler to wheel the chairs and drinks to the beach.
• This home is family friendly, including pack-n-play, portable high chair, booster seat, baby gates, puzzles, toys, games, books, DVD's for children & adults.
• Guests have access to ground floor storage area to securely store toys, golf clubs, and beach equipment.
TECHNOLOGY AND SECURITY FEATURES:
• Guest access to the elevator and front door is by electronic push button deadbolt locks. No key to share! We will send you your access code prior to your arrival. Old codes from previous guests expire after their rental period.
• We are equipped with secure high speed Wi-Fi internet access to stay connected or download movies from the web.
• Large flat screen HDTVs (60' and 55') in both family rooms. 2nd Family Room offers video game console connections. Bring your own game station and movies from home. Family room TVs include a DVD player.
• Stereo systems allow you play music in the 1st or 2nd floor family room, 2nd floor deck, and pool to help set the mood.
• Two 70 gallon water heaters are provided to help everyone get ready for dinner on time.
• Ocean Isle Beach is a great blend of a family beach with shops and dining on and off island. Located between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach, activities are within an easy drive. The beaches are large, beautiful, and right across the street!
• Our home is located within a short distance from the center of island. Arrival is quick and easy over the high access bridge. No need to stop and pick up a key with the Electronic locks.
• We are just a short ride to the beachfront activity center, playground, museum, and mid-island restaurants & shops.
No smoking and no pets are allowed as a courtesy to all guests. Renter must be 25+ years old and stay on premises.
*** Linens and Towels (bath/beach) are not provided but can be rented for a nominal charge from a number of local vendors. ***
*** Check-in time is 3:00pm and check-out time is 10:00am ***
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Beautiful home. It exceeded our expectations and the elevator was fabulous for moving in and out.
We loved our stay. It was appropriately named "my happy place." The home was beautiful and perfect for pur family. We will definitely be visiting again.
Thanks for the great review! We're so happy you enjoyed Thanksgiving at "My Happy Place"! Hope to have to back sometime soon.
A Truly Happy Place
The attention to detail that went int building and planning out this home for the perfect beach get away is remarkable. I surprised my team with a 3 night 4 day business retreat so we had a place to set our 2018 goals uninterrupted. The different large tables on the decks, by the pool ad in the house were perfect. The kitchen was stocked with everything needed to make great meals as well as the beds were all very comfortable and having an elevator truly was the icing on the cake. The pool (relaxing blue pool light at night) was very large and having Alexa at our disposal was wonderful. We can not say enough about this home and how easy it was to communicate with Eric (the owner). The beach was a very short walk from the home and you could see the ocean from the decks while rocking in the chairs. We have decided as a team to come back next year since this home was a place that fit all our needs. Hopefully it will be available when we pick a date. Thank you again for allowing us to use your beautiful home!
Calm, relaxing just perfect!
My Happy Place was wonderful much better in person. Our family enjoy being there. The technology in the house was convenient! Love the open concept living space. Kids love the pool! We would stay there again if we vacation at Ocean Isle!
Thanks for the great review! We are so happy you had a great stay at "My Happy Place"! We look forward to having you back some time soon!
Great house with a great location. The pool was fantastic and is partly shaded for a lot of the day so kids (and adults) can stay in it for ages.
Easy access to the beach and very spacious. There were 11 of us, including 5 children under 9, and it never felt cramped.
Thanks for the great review and thanks for treating our home as your own! We thoughtfully considered all aspects of the home layout during the planning stage to ensure that families can be together but not feel like everyone is on top of each other! Between east access to the beach and the spacious pool, there is something for everyone all times of day! We hope to see you back at 'My Happy Place" or any of our other OIB properties sometime soon!
Best Beach House Ever
This was our second year staying at My Happy Place. It was every bit as amazing this year as it was last year. The house is very spacious and beautifully decorated. The kitchen is amazing. There was enough refrigerator and pantry space to store food for all 14 of our guests. The kitchen has most every gadget you could ever need. The decks are spacious and provide breath taking views. The pool area is a ton of fun. We enjoy the ability to hook up our iPhones and iPads to listen to music poolside. The built in bar is a great place to store a cooler (which are stocked at the house)! The house even comes with everything you need for the beach - we brought minimal sand toys and beach chairs with us this year. We love this house and it has become our beach vacation "home" away from home!
The customer service provided by Mr. Janson is top notch. We needed a service call for the fridge and the elevator during our stay - the handyman was there within 20 minutes of our calls. Also, a water main break in Shalotte caused us to lose water for a few hours during our stay. Mr. Janson had three cases of water delivered to us with an hour of learning of the outage.
The beautiful house and great customer service will keep us coming back for years!
Trisha, thank you for the fantastic review! We are so glad you consider 'My Happy Place' your 'Home away from Home'... that's exactly what we strive for! We've worked hard to include every convenience you'd ever need to feel right at home when you are vacationing with us. You know you are truly on vacation and can cast your cares aside because of the high level of customer service we strive to provide you with. We always promise to be responsive to your needs and continue to do whatever we can to make sure you and your family have the most stress free and memorable vacation experience possible! We look forward to welcoming you 'home' again sometime soon!
Making memories at My Happy Place
Back for the second year in a row, we are already looking forward to renting the new house and already wondering what the name will be! We love love love MHP and Eric and Darren. The personal service is outstanding. We felt quite at home being repeat renters. Being on the backside and sometimes running to the frontside we enjoy each and every sunset. The pool is always a hit and has spoiled us tremendously. My children and I have spent time on OIB since the early 1980's and it touches my heart to be bringing in law children and four grands to enjoy it as well. Thanks for making it such a perfect memory because in the end that is what it is all about: memories!!
We were so pleased to have you and your family return to My Happy Place! We love to be able to provide great service to our guests. As you have already experienced, we are always responsive to your needs when you are staying with us and we will always do everything in our power to ensure everything goes smoothly so that you have the best vacation experience ever! Thanks for all those great Instagram posts... it really helps guests feel what's it's like to stay with us. #VacationOIB #MyHappyPlace :-)
Ocean Isle Beach is an island approximately seven miles long located in Southern NC, it's a family friendly, laid back and relaxed beach with very little commercial activity. On the island you will find a miniature golf course, Coastal Museum, fishing pier, park, numerous restaurants, ice cream shops, beach shops, and a grocery store. There are twenty golf courses within 10 miles. Drive 30 minutes away to Myrtle Beach where you will find 95 golf courses, numerous restaurants including the outlet shopping, shops, amusement parks, water slides, and plenty more to do! Other activities include Biking and water sports. Shallotte, NC only 10 minutes away with restaurants, department Store, Planet Fun Family Fun Center, Cinemas, Home Depot, Super Walmart, etc.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Pool heat requires an extra fee (please inquire)