Pike Lodge is a two queen size bedroom lodge (new mattress & box springs June 2016) located on 650 feet of sandy Milakokia Lake frontage, great for swimming. It is a quiet, serene setting surrounded by mature pines & hardwoods. It is about an hour west of St. Ignace off US 2 and has a living/dining room, kitchen, and in-door plumbing facilities (there is also an outhouse for the rustic feel, if you prefer!). There are two, queen size fold out couches in the living room and a rollout bed stored in enclosed breezeway along with the gas & charcoal BBQ grills and the outdoor furniture. There is an electric stove with oven, refrigerator, “Mr. Coffee” coffee maker, toaster, microwave oven, blender, pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses, silverware, and cooking utensils. So all you need is your linens & groceries. There is a 14-foot aluminum rowboat with two adult & two children’s life jackets, oars and an anchor.
Things you need to bring:
- Sheets (2 queen size beds, 2 queen size sleeper sofas & 1 twin rollout), pillowcases, sleeping bags, some blankets. There are pillows & a few blankets there.
- Towels, personal & dish.
- Soap, personal & dish.
- Insect repellent.
- Paper products. (Paper plates, paper towels, paper cups, toilet paper, napkins)
- Garbage bags.
- Folding chairs.
- Fishing gear – for Northern Pike, Walleye, Perch, Small Mouth Bass and other pan fish.
- Outboard motor (and accessories) up to 15 horse. Motors can be rented in Curtis.
- Extra life jackets. Two Adult & two children Jackets are available.
- BBQ coals & lighter fluid. A grill is there. Also have a propane grill.
- There is some firewood available as dead fall in the woods for the beach fire pit or fireplace. Please do not burn pine logs in the fireplace, as the pitch can cause a chimney fire. If you plan to have a lot of fires you might want to buy firewood. Please DO NOT cut any of the trees.
- Drinking water. There is a deep well that was installed in 1998 and a Brita water filter pitcher is also available.
Shopping: Newberry: Two supermarkets, Mac’s at the top of the hill on M123, and Rahilly’s IGA downtown near the RR crossing. Manistique: Jack’s Super Value on US 2 next to Shopko, and Save A Lot across the siphon bridge in town. Local convenience items: Bob’s Stop & Shop at US 2 and H33 (road to Curtis); Scheall’s Motel on US 2 approx. 1 ½ miles west of E. Milakokia Lk Road; BP gas Station, US 2 and M 77, six miles west of E. Milakokia Lk Road.
- Please do not bring any ORV’s as this is a quiet lake & we don’t want to disturb the neighbors.
- Pets need to be cleaned up after, all waste from animals cleaned up from yard - PLEASE BE VERY DILIGENT IN THIS. Please do not allow them to dig and THEY NEED TO BE KEPT OFF THE FURNITURE, in consideration of other guests with allergies.
When you leave, please clean the floors, kitchen & bath for the next group, this allows us to keep the rent low by not having to hire someone to clean. Please make sure the yard is clean and you haven’t forgotten any items you brought with you.
Please make absolutely sure you clean out the refrigerator. This includes all condiments and leftovers. There is no trash pick-up so you will need to take it all with you. For three dollars and fifty cents per bag the Sunoco gas station in Engadine (M117, one mile north of US 2) will let you use their dumpster. Please be sure that all lights and fans are off and lock both front and back doors. Thank you.
Please do not leave the key at the cottage. Please bring it home with you to return it to Tim or Carrie via mail or make other arrangements. You may also have the option to leave it with John and Julie.