Our home is the perfect place for families and group reunions on Nantucket! We have filled this with every feature and amenity that we would want at our own home - making this truly a just-pack-your-clothes vacation home! A few highlights with more detailed description below:
- Brand new 2nd master bedroom (renovated room over garage)
- 3 brand new baths (1 ensuite in new master, 1 ensuite in downstairs bed, and new first floor powder room)
- Home still sleeps 15, but now has 3 queen bedrooms each with ensuite bath and 2 of those are true master suites - this makes the home ideal for multi-families
- 5 min bike and 15 min walk to town, 10 min bike ride to Cisco Brewery, 15 min bike to mid-island Grocery Store, and 15 min bike from several great beaches
- 4 Bedrooms (3 Queens, 1 with 2 twins); Loft (2 Twins) and Basement Bunk Room (5 twins) comfortably accommodate 15
- Two separate living areas and a large dining room table that seats 14 make this a great for groups or multi-families
- Brand new saltwater pool in 2016, with 4 chaise lounge chairs (Pool has automatic cover - very safe for children!)
- Pool House with 2 outdoor showers
- Huge front and back yard for lawn games
- Pool floats/toys and lawn games (corn hole, croquet, badminton, bocce, spike ball, basketball&hoop, soccer ball, football, wiffle ball)
- 10 beach cruiser bikes
- 10 beach chairs (with back-pack straps for easy transport)
- All sheets, towels and beach/pool towels (30 each) included
- House fully equipped with all needs (TP, paper towel, hand soap, dish soap, shampoo&bath soap)
Please see below a more detailed description of rooms, amenities and additional features of this home:
Master Bedroom: Oversized room with queen size W Hotel mattress with luxury linens, walk in closet and en-suite bathroom. Bathroom has double vanity, standing shower and jacuzzi tub. The master bedroom has a desk, if a quiet space to work is required while away.
New 2nd Master Bedroom: Oversized room with queen size W Hotel mattress with luxury linens, walk in closet and en-suite bathroom. Bathroom has double vanity and walk-in standing shower. The master bedroom has a desk, if a quiet space to work is required while away. The master bedroom is accessed via a second staircase off of the mudroom, making this the most secluded and quiet room in the house.
Upstairs Twin Bedroom: The upstairs bedroom has two twin beds and a bookshelf full of childrens books and games. A separate hallway bath has a single vanity sink and tub and shower.
Downstairs Bedroom: The first floor bedroom has a queen sized bed, and a brand new ensuite bath.
Loft: There is a loft, accessed by a ships ladder, above the great room which has two captains twin beds. This is a fun sleeping area for kids, but they should be old enough to get up and down the ladder on their own.
Basement Bunk Room: The basement has twin twin bunk beds and a daybed. This is another good area for children. In addition to the bunks, the room has a new 48 inch Smart TV, and a chair for kids to hang out and watch TV. There is a large basement window so the basement does get sunlight in the morning and throughout the day.
BRAND NEW pool in 2016. The pool is a 20 ft wide by 40 ft long heated, saltwater pool. (no hot tub). The pool has two bluestone patios - one with four chaise lounges, three small tables and two large umbrellas; and one connecting the pool to the pool cabana, with a seven foot long bar height table with six stools. The cabana is flanked by two private outdoor showers with connected changing areas on either side. The cabana is a a 9x12 ft. room to house pool toys, towels, outdoor kitchenware (plastic plates, glasses and wine glasses) with two oversized chairs and an ottoman.
Kitchen: The kitchen is fully stocked with enough plates, glassware and cutlery for 24. We have all the amenities of your home kitchen: toaster, coffee maker, blender, microwave, griddle and waffle maker. We have stocked the house with basic spices, oils and other cooking essentials so you can enjoy meals cooked at home. The center island in the kitchen holds a 4 burner range and oven, and the kitchen has a dishwasher and plenty of counter space.
Front Living Room: A sunken front living room has a sofa, large love seat and chairs which center around the fireplace and new 48 inch Smart TV.
Great Room: The great room at the back of the house is flooded with sunlight and doubles as the dinning room and family room. The 10 foot table which comfortably seats 12 can be expanded to 13 feet with two leaves. The family room has a sofa, an oversized chair and chair with an ottoman arranged around a 58 inch TV, which has Apple TV and Comcast cable. A ships ladder leads to the loft, which has two twin captains beds. The great room has two french doors which open directly onto the back deck, which has a sectional that comfortably seats 10.
The front side entrance brings you directly into the mudroom, which has anchor hooks for towels above benches and is an ideal place to keep all your beach gear, including beach toys, sunscreen and towels. This is right next to the laundry room to clean or dry any items on your return from the beach. We have two brand new washer/dryers for 2017, to support lots of laundry for big groups. You can also walk through the mudroom to the back deck, to the outdoor showers.
We have a back deck off of the great room, that has a large sectional couch which can comfortably seat 10 people. Off of the kitchen is a hedged-in brick terrace with a teak outdoor dinning table that seats 8.
The pool has two decks - one with four chaise lounges and one with a bar height table seating 6.
The house is fully stocked with linens and towels, as well as pool and beach towels, 12 beach chairs and a beach umbrella. We have 10 beach cruiser bicycles, which can be used to explore the island. Some of them have baskets while others have rear over-the-wheel racks.
We have wifi, cable, PS3 and Apple TV. The whole house has multi-zone A/C so while you might not need it, it is nice to know you have it.