Suntwist villa is detached and facing south, with a private pool and in close proximity to fantastic local facilities. Located right next door to an exclusive resort, this villa is perfect for families with children! Beautifully set in spacious parkland, it’s also a walk away from the best shops and restaurants. And feel connected with reliable wireless internet (wi-fi); free U.S. And canada-wide phone calls. Amenities includes private pool and golf nearby. Ideal for a single family - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8 people, with wifi access.
Davenport Florida Vacation Rentals – Luxurious Villa
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 28, 2018
About Wendy Seetahal
Vacation Rental Owner/Manager Name: Wendy Seetahal Availability: Check Our Calendar
Why Wendy Seetahal chose Highlands Reserve
With these great amenities and features, Suntwist Villa distinctly stands out, close to the exclusive Regal Palms Resort at Highlands Reserve, less than 15 minutes from Disneyworld and just a half hour drive from the airport or Universal Studios. Feeling green? You’re just 100 yards away from a beautiful golf course overlooking the resort. If you’re looking to cool off, our Suntwist Villa boasts its own heated, always sunny, south-facing private pool. Set among the 554 lakes of Polk County at Highlands Reserve, this prime location is part of Florida's major national conservation woodlands; a fully protected nature reserve with the community settled in the rolling countryside, highlighted naturally by pine trees and orange groves. The professional golf course comes complete with a snack bar, driving range, practice area and putting green. Take advantage of the free WiFi access. Suntwist Villa is an ideal base for families, golfers, and theme park visitors alike!
What makes this Villa unique
Suntwist villa houses two double bedrooms, two twin bedrooms and two bathrooms, so up to 8 people can enjoy this luxurious south facing villa, with a roomy 530 square feet open space living area. When you’re looking to unwind and relax from the crowded atmosphere, remember you have your own private pool with patio table, chairs, sun loungers, and a child safety fence. Bring your whole family, leave your worries behind, and live it up! Suntwist villa – a true home away from home!
Pool / Spa
Good property, good location
This property is a good basic deal for the price in a good location to have fun in Central Florida. No problems.
Not entirely as advertised
We were lead to believe that we would have access to the resort area due to the pictures in the ad. When we arrived, we learned that this had changed and we would not be allowed to have access. We had some difficultly with check in. When we arrived at the resort to check in, we were told that they no longer handled the property and were unable to help us. This was resolved very quickly by the owner returning our phone call.
- House was clean and in good working order
- Pool area was clean
- Yard was clean
- Good communication once we arrived
- Queen beds are comfortable
- Neighborhood the house is in is quiet and clean
- Close to all of the parks. Restaurants, CVS and Walmart close by
- Pool heat isn't free. $25 a night with a 4 day minimum. Takes 24 hours to heat and isn't "guaranteed" according to the notes on the fridge. Fridge door sticks
- Note on the thermostat: If you turn the air down below 72 degrees the unit will freeze and you will be charged a $125.00 maintenance fee
- Note also states you will be charged for dishwasher or toilet overflow
- There were only 4 towels provided for our family of 4
- There were no dish sponges, paper towels or dish soap, no shampoo
- You are only provided one trash bag and one roll of cheap toilet paper per bathroom.
We ended up cutting our stay short and going home a day early, since the kids couldn't swim anyway because the pool was too cold. We would not stay here again and learned a valuable lesson about VRBOs in general.
The house is very cute and has everything we needed, very close to shopping and markets. We had a great time
Great House, Loved the Pool!
The house was great. Pool was perfect. House was clean and met every expectation. I wish there was a little better communication, but that may have been partly my fault since I have never rented with VRBO before.
As expected but not Luxurious. Great for Families!!
Overall, this property is as advertised correctly and there are no hidden costs if you read the ad properly. There were pros and cons and I will try and list our experience and opinion.
- Price compared to other rentals is affordable.
- house was clean
- pool area was clean
- There WAS a BBQ on the pool deck which had full propane, which I was not expecting due to a previous review
- only 20 mins to Disney
- Owner was very quick to respond to inquiries
- Access to Regal Palms Resort was great and was literally across the street, we spent many hours there every day.
- Very child/infant friendly house and resort
- 2 families can stay here comfortably
- Washer and Dryer
- No issues with shower water temperature as mentioned in a previous review
- nice park in the neighborhood for the kids
- safe and pretty area to walk
- Close enough to walk to the stores for groceries, etc
- Easy check-in/check out
- Cable tv with DVD player
- Long distance phone line included no charge
- Free WiFi
- Lots of towels
- Pool heat pump was broken so we didn't get to have the pool heated for a couple days as requested (however, response by owner when notified was fast and she was working on the problem for us. It was too close to the end of our trip so we decided to cancel the pool heating and a refund was provided to us with no issues)
- No dish detergent provided for either the sink or dishwasher. It would have been nice to have at least 1 dishwasher tablet provided to use halfway through our stay instead of having to buy a whole box I wouldn't get to use.
- fridge door did stick, which is minor, but it did become somewhat annoying.
- No dishtowels or cloths provided for dishes
- The house was a bit dated which is why I stated in the title that it is not "luxurious". With a few hundred dollars, it can be updated to make it feel less dated.
The rental is exactly as pictured in the pictures provided with the exception of one picture of the front door which is not for this property. There is an extra resort fee that is mandatory, but well worth it either way as its a fairly cheap price to pay for a family day of fun use. When you add this daily cost to the price of the rental it is still an affordable rate. I spoke to others staying in the neighborhood who did not have resort access and they seemed envious.
I'm running out of space, so, bottom line......I RECOMMEND THIS RENTAL TO OTHERS and will return as well.
An ECONOMY vacation villa...
My family stayed at this villa in January of 2016. Nothing went wrong, nothing was bad, but it was not the best vacation experience for us. Then again, these things are very personal. It may be the exact RIGHT vacation place for you, so let me lay out the pros and cons and you can decide.
•Excellent location (probably the closet private home to the Regal Palms resort pool, right across the street: a 4-minute walk) (right near a grocery store and CVS) (a 25-minute easy drive to Disney)
•Web site photos are accurate
•Friendly and responsive maintenance crew
•Friendly (if overworked) resort staff
•24-hour check-in at the resort across the street
•Nice above-the-counter kitchen radio
•Villa is in a pretty, walkable neighborhood
•I would not say this villa is luxurious. It's an economy villa that is pretty dated.
•No shower-head in master bath
•Very little hot water (and I was the first one up in the mornings to shower)
•Very poorly outfitted kitchen (I am not a gourmet chef, but I need more than a plastic CVS cutting board)
•Bottom-of-the line appliances (fridge door kept sticking)
•Bottom-of-the-line linens, bedclothes, pillows and towels
•Decor and interiors had a very impersonal "motel" feeling. Signs everywhere. Bad art. Plastic flowers.
•No outdoor grill
•No yard to speak of
•The pool had several dead and living worms in it, the enclosed patio had several dead bugs and moths. That may have been a function of the villa staying empty for a while. Not that big a deal. But when my daughter saw the worms, that was it for the pool.
•I was fairly annoyed that although the villa had a pool, if you wanted to HEAT the pool, that meant a large extra fee. I do not recall the pool-heating fee mentioned on the home's web site description. That should have been made transparent.
•I was also charged a large resort fee when I checked in. I'm used to giving a credit card at a hotel "just in case," but they actually charged me the fee. The fee was reinstated the midnight after I checked out, but my credit card company didn't give me access to those funds for 3 business days. That was another charge I wish would have been explained before-hand.
•Lastly, Resort Palms is a B-/C+ resort. It feels like it has seen better days.
In conclusion, many of these cons may not seem like cons to other guests, and if so, that's great. Just wanted to give a honest accounting of my experience.
Luxury orlando villa rental with private pool.
All year we offer year round low prices. Executive rental villa near orlando, florida, convenient for disney world and theme parks,
Private heated pool, luxury interior, in villa high speed internet, highland reserve public golf course.
An orlando villa rental direct from the owners is guaranteed hassle free. You get exactly what you booked, not a random villa resort, as we are chosen by the tour operator.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
There is a maximum permissible legal occupancy of ten(10) people for this villa in Polk County. These rental rates include tax. A fee of $12.95 (+12% tax) per day is payable to the Regal Palm Resort for the use of there amenities. This covers everyone in your group, and must be paid at check in, whether or not you use the resort. The rental can commence and finish any day of the month. A non refundable fee of 15% payable on reservation will be withheld for any cancellation. Additional cleaning fees of $95.00 for stays of 5 nights or less. Pool Heating is $88.00 for a four(4) day minimum or $154/week(tax included). If you arrange pool heat at the resort it will cost $175 per week(tax included). Bar B Que Grill is available for additional cost $85 per stay.