Hilltop Haven - Experience Hawaii in All its Beauty(20 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Studio
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Studio living at its best, Queen Bed, Bath with washer/dryer, kitchen and more.
Very modern and as we like to say better than the Hilton at a fraction of the cost. We want you to be able to experience Hawaii and the Big Island to its fullest without spending a great amount on your lodging. And yet you will love your accommodations so much you may not want to leave. Secure and peaceful, a common comment is about the attention to detail. That and the great sleeps our guests have.
* Economical in price, but luxuriant in the amenities will be your home away from home as you explore and enjoy paradise. The Big Island has 11 of the world's 13 climactic zones so you will most always find the sun & adventure somewhere!
* Central location to the best Big Island tourist attractions including: Kohala Coast golf courses, Volcano National Park, Waipio Valley, zip lines (at least 8 to choose from), Mauna Kea Observatories and world renown beaches such as Hapuna (listed by Conde Naste in the world's top 10), Mauna Kea, 'A' Bay, Spencer's and many more just 15 to 30 minutes away.
* Finest restaurants in Hawaii right in the town of Waimea (walking distance), home of the world famous Parker Ranch, one of the largest working ranches in the USA, with one of their green pastures just outside our front door.
* Talk story with hosts willing to share their experiences of the island and to provide unique experiences. You'll remember your stay with much fondness and aloha!
Member since: 2015
- On floor 1
- 375 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Studio bedroom with very comfortable Queen bed.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- "aloha lomilomi" writes: If I could rate Hilltop Haven as a 10 stars experience, I would! Everything as you see, plus the aloha from the host Patsy and Dale gave us the freedom as well as the friendly advice of the island. Dale took us into Waipi'o Valley which was a dream come true for us. Sleeping in the mist with just a drive down the hill into the sunshine and coming back to a fireplace, warm shower and a cozy bed. Truly the best place to stay on the Big Island. Many Thanks! -written November....moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $50 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.4%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Here you are central to all the wonder and nature that the Big Island affords. 30 minutes to the beautiful North end of the island and 90 miles to Volcano National Park, with endless attractions and things to do and see in between.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Dale & Patsy moved to Hawaii from Canada in 2005, one of the best decisions we made. A building contractor and a Physical Therapist, we are committed to making your stay memorable and healing in every way.
Why the Owner Chose Waimea, Hawaii County, HI, USA:
The following is what some of our guests have to say SB from Honolulu 'Beautiful home and warm hospitality. Thanks so much...' CA from Edmonton, AB 'The wonderful company of you guys and letting us stay in your beautiful home was awesome. I really enjoyed the golf and zipline and snorkeling. The drive to Waipio was unbelievable. Thank you for your second to non hospitality' BA from Sedgewick, AB 'I enjoyed the tours throughout the vast countryside and different climates. Definitely will be back to SNUBA and dive again and to go zip-lining. Thank you so much!' S&B F from WA 'Hilltop Haven was absolutely the perfect home - away- from home for us. The studio apt. is comfortable, homey and provided for our every need down to the last detail. The location was perfect for us.' L&B G from Sask. 'This has been an incredible vacation...the sights underwater were awesome. Dale, our trip to the Waipio Valley was definitely a little like heaven.' K&J B from CA. 'We enjoyed visiting your island. Waimea is a great little town. We understand why you choose to live here. The studio room that we stayed in was lovely' D&P W from CA 'Sure hate to leave this beautiful location and wonderful studio. The pictureson your site don't do the room justice, and we will certinaly recommend your place to others. DL from CA 'Beautiful home, friendly people, wonderful weather, wish I could stay longer. Thanks for your hospitality... PS I left my heart in Hawaii.' B&B A from GA 'Hilltop Haven definitely did not disappoint, but instead it far exceeded our expectations. The town of Waimea is so lovely. We enjoyd using your studio as our starting point for adventures to Two Step for snorkeling, a breathtaking drive to S. Kona, shopping, exploring the resort areas, taking in a beautiful sunset at A Bay and a nice drive through Cowboy Country and on up to Hawi. While we are sad to be leavingthe Big Island we know & trust that the time we spent here will forever live on in our memories.
The Unique Benefits at this Studio:
We are located at 2,900 ft. elevation, perched above Waimea and with an eagle's view of the island. We could never have imagined a more perfect spot. No central heat (we do have fireplaces, one even in your studio but it is highly unlikely you will need it) and no air-conditioning, there just is no need. We sleep 365 nights of the year under covers instead of tossing and turning feeling too hot and sticky. If you enjoy people but like having your own private space where it is peace and quiet. An almost rural setting yet you are just minutes away from the best the Island of Hawaii has to offer in restaurants, resorts and amenities. The studio itself is so fully contained, yet comfortable, with Queen bed, sitting and dining areas, full kitchen, entertainment center with DISH network satellite TV, and sound/video systems. The owners have tried to think of everything, coffee maker, toaster, blender, microwave, even a white noise machine just in case it is too quiet for you.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Snow capped Mauna Kea
Fireplace and entertainment center
from gas range to blender, this has it all
Bath and so much more
The "cattle on the thousand hills", Parker Ranch right across the street.
Pololu Valley, North end of the island
Deep within Waipio
Poinsettias at Christmas time.
Friendly geckos at one of our favorite spots, "The Coffee Shack"
Your own private entrance
Relax like a King & Queen
Super well appointed kitchen
Dine in class
....this is some of the "more"
Mauna Kea Observatories at almost 14,000 feet
Fabulous Waipio Valley - the Valley of Kings
Take a chocolate tour
Hawaii at sunset - just before the green flash.
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.