|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Find Serenity at Tahoe Donner, a Truckee vacation rental that you can't pass up! Packed with perks like a private sauna, jetted tub, game room, and wood-burning fireplace, this house is a prime pick for your next trip. Guests even have access to the nearby Tahoe Donner amenities.
There's something for everyone less than two and a half miles away. Visit the Northwoods Clubhouse and Trout Creek Recreation Center. Between them are shared hot tubs, pools, basketball and tennis courts, a golf course, and more. Four miles away is Tahoe Donner Marina on Donner Lake for summer fun. Winter draws you to Tahoe Donner Ski Area, Northstar, Squaw Valley, or Sugarbowl.
If you get snowed in or just feel like staying close to home, hang out in the house's own game room with a pool table, Foosball, and air hockey next to a wet bar for snacks and a TV for watching your favorite sporting event.
In the living room, high vaulted ceilings and many windows (with seating) will make this space feel bright and airy while a wood-burning fireplace adds that oh-so-Tahoe atmosphere. You'll find another TV in this room, as well. The great room also has a dining table, breakfast bar, and fully stocked kitchen (dishwasher included of course).
Of the four bedrooms, two have a single queen bed and the other two each has a couple sets of twin bunk beds. A jetted tub is there for a serious soaking session in one of the three full bathrooms. And, while there's also a sauna available at the Tahoe Donner facilities, this home has its very own private sauna!
Additional amenities include WiFi and laundry.
From the beach of Carnelian Bay to the family-friendly sandy shore at Kings Beach, there's tons to do just east of this home. Visit Truckee proper for the afternoon and learn a bit about the rich history of this region. Wherever you wander to, this amenity-packed Tahoe lodge will be waiting!
Ready for the trip of the year? Book this North Lake Tahoe vacation rental!
Note: the use of Tahoe Donner HOA facilities requires additional daily fees.
RCN # 469
Thanks for considering a Vacasa home! We provide full-service management for privately owned vacation homes, and like to think that we offer our guests the best of both worlds: the unique experience of staying in a one-of-a-kind vacation home, with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the home you book for your special vacation is cared for by professional housekeepers and property managers.
Vacasa began in 2009, simply because our founder and CEO Eric wanted to find a better way to share his wife’s family’s summer home in Long Beach, Washington with guests as a vacation rental. Eric and his early team worked to build Vacasa on the premise that local employees can do what they love most (taking care of guests, homeowners, and properties), while the hands-off tasks of vacation rental management—things like marketing, filing taxes, and maintaining a website—could be handled by a specialized central support team.
Our passion is connecting travelers with the unique experience of staying in a vacation home, and we would be honored to be your host. Please contact us with any questions about this home—our team is standing by!
Great place to stay town is very nice and plenty of activities for the kids
Wish we had looked at the more recent reviews before renting this place -- the positive reviews were listed first, but the dates are from last year! We contacted Vacasa (which was very quick to respond!) about the concerns listed in the bad (more recent reviews, which we didn't scroll down enough to see the first time -- lesson learned!) and were told the issues (mainly, sauna & dishwasher) were being addressed by the property managers. We kept our fingers crossed. Here's what we found:
1. Cheap! We have paid more for rentals over the decade we have been doing this annual trip. We kept reminding ourselves that we were saving money this year.
2. The sauna was working!! Our teens loved it.
3. Linens were provided for bedding and towels (NO KITCHEN TOWELS, though)
4. Game room/bar -- all the game equipment was functional, so our teens enjoyed themselves (the sauna/game room was the reason we rented this property)
5. Toilets and water pressure/temperature worked fine, as did the furnace. We didn't experience the problems other reviewers did, thankfully.
6. Family/dining area was roomy with plenty of seating
1. Dishwasher still was NOT repaired or replaced, and there were dirty dishes and standing water in it when we arrived.
2 . So many things are BROKEN or do NOT work, that it became comical: recliner, DVD, Apple TV (the old TVs don't support any of the devices that are there), CD player, trash compactor, lamps, jet tub, closet doors, drawers . . . .
3. There were drips and water damage in the ceilings, causing pieces of plaster to fall off the walls.
4. There was dried vomit on one of the bedroom walls/floor downstairs
5. The kitchen was the worst we've seen -- not well stocked (no large cooking pot) and stove top was difficult to regulate temp. And of course, no dishwasher as promised.
Worn and old carpet/furnishing are fine with us when we rent at this price point (although ripped couches with stuffing exposed is a bit much), and overall the most important reason for our rental (game room and sauna) came through for us. But it was frustrating to be told things were being "addressed" and find out that wasn't exactly the case. The description claims to have all these amenities, but so few of them are actually functional. This property could be a great rental if it wasn't so neglected.
We enjoyed our stay at Serenity at Tahoe Donner. But there are couple things that owners should pay attention on, little upgrades like TV's, couches and carpet flooring.
We liked that cabin have sauna,but for some reason it has no door. Pool table and bar area was very nice. Overall , it was good experience
Don't be fooled by the pictures. This place is a wreck that hasn't see any update or fixes in years. No door on the sauna. Dishwasher does not work. Hot water runs out after one shower. Clear evidence that a cat is kept there. Foosball table only for left handed players. Filled garbage bags left in the garage and on side of walkway, Leaky sink in bathroom with water filled bucket beneath it (are we supposed to empty the bucket?). Half burned logs and newspaper filling the fireplace. Filthy and damaged carpet that must be 20 years old. Tiny television. Spilled garbage in front of the garage whose remote control did not work (could be forgiven as it looks like garage electric lines taken out by snow). Fuzzball the size of my hand in the few closets not reserved by owner. All this nicely documented by pictures i wish i could post.
Vacasa and local folks very nice on the phone and did remove piles of garbage bags in the garage. They failed to fix the dishwasher and made no attempt to replace missing sauna door. We did get a 327$ discount but would have preferred a less filthy and better functioning rental. We've been to different rentals in Tahoe Donner many times and this was the only truly bad place. One redeeming value was that the rental relatively cheap at ~$120 bucks after discount. BTW there is no master bedroom just two basic BR plus another two BR with 4 bunk beds in each.
Copenhagen Street a total disaster. I ended up washing dishes by hand every day. Owner should put some real money into fixing it. Looks like its been rented for 20+ years with no upkeep.
I would stay here again. We got a bargain midweek, late spring, at $99 per night and it was definitely worth it.
Dishwasher was broken. Since we had a relatively small group, we made do and we were fine handwashing. But something like that should have been taken care of. It needs to be fixed sooner or later. Why not sooner?
Numerous deferred maintenance items leading to safety/liability issues.
1. Dishwasher not working and it has mildewy water sitting in the bottom.
2. No door on the sauna so it is essentially not working even though it is listed on the VRBO website as an amenity.
3. There is a broken widow in and upstairs bedroom.
4. Many lightbulbs throughout the house are not working, including several of the lights along the entry walkway. Too many overall to count.
5. In the downstairs bathroom there is a cabinet door that is hanging off with exposed nails.
6. Entry railing has collapsed with numerous exposed nails.
7. Some of the pillows are filthy and the carpets throughout are also filthy.
8. The bunk beds are extremely wobbly including the upper bunk railings. We could only use 1 upper bunk. Extremely hazardous - extreme liability.
9. The fireplace has a vent that exits in the downstairs game room. It has a plastic bag and packing tape over it. The game room gets full of fumes and smoke when the fireplace is lit. This makes the fireplace unusable. Extremely hazardous - extreme liability.
10. There was no firewood which would be fine if your guests knew about it and could bring firewood with them.
11. The VRBO page says that the kitchen is well-stocked. There's only one pot. The Teflon skillets are all extremely scratched. no spatula. Bring these items and all spices, oils, sugar, etc.
12. One of the doors to the laundry room is completely unhinged and unusable.
13. The linen closet is in complete disarray. The items were literally thrown into that closet.
14. The ceiling in the game room has holes in it and there is mildew.
16. The code for the spare lock box does not work.
The bathrooms and kitchen (aside from the dishwasher) were all very clean. Nice location. The game tables were all functioning. Additionally, I would say that the Vacasa office I was talking to in Oregon was very quick to respond to my emails and phone calls.
I would not recommend this property. There are so many others to choose from that are in better shape. We selected this one this time because the other 2 we usually rent were not available during the time we needed them.