Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
Sea Star Beach House is a 3-bedroom home located directly on the beach. Enjoy days on the beautiful beach, swimming in warm gulf waters and evenings watching the sunset across sweeping views of the horizon.
The ground floor of the house features a deck, with a storage room with beach toys, snorkeling gear, and a surf board. Take advantage of the charcoal grill and table for outdoor dining.
Upstairs is an open concept kitchen, with island seating, and living room looking out sliding glass doors to the 180 degree view of the Gulf of Mexico and 7 miles of white sand beaches. Also on the first floor is the master bedroom; with a half-bath and sliding door access to the front deck facing the beach and ocean. You can fall asleep to the sound of the waves. There is also a second bedroom on this floor with a full size bed as well as the main bathroom. The home features tropical, beachy decor, a warm and inviting color scheme and the Gulf views are among the best on the island!
On the second floor of the home, accessed by a spiral staircase, there are two twins with a trundle perfect for kids or teenagers who want their privacy! NOTE: The photo shows a bunk bed but the bunks have been separated to make the upstairs more suitable for all ages! (The spiral stairs might be tricky for some to navigate, especially small children.) Please note that while there are beds for 7, the upstairs room has virtually no floor space at all with the trundle pulled out, so it would be quite crowded if planning sleeping space upstairs for adults. (The upstairs is more suitable for 2 adults or children only.)
The kitchen features a stove, trash compactor, and full size refrigerator. (NOTE: there is no dishwasher.) The kitchen is fully stocked for any type of food preparation you want to make. The home also has a full size washer and dryer.
There is a small dining table in the living area (seats 4) and there is also a 6-person dining table on the screened-in porch. The deck also features a hammock and comfortable chaise lounge from which to view the beach. The living room has satellite TV and a dvd player. We have a small selection of dvds and games for your entertainment. Extras with this rental include free use of a dock slip, beach chairs, beach umbrella, wi-fi, boogie boards and beach toys...and the services of our island concierge who will meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you.
This home features a private boardwalk to the beach and an outdoor shower at the base of the stairs for rinsing off before coming indoors.
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• This home comes with a charcoal grill and there is also an electric grill.
• This home comes with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.
• This house has wi-fi but this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi is NOT for entertainment. No Netflix, no skyping, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. Many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are better alternatives. We suggest you download movies to your tablet or books to your e-reader BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.