About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 60 nights
Village Center Decorator Elegance With Golf Cart In The Heart Of The Villages
90 Day minimum January-March 2018
Our Village Gem *Closest Walk To Lake Sumter Town Sq.* Golf Cart (4 Seat) & WIFI
Call us for details.
With this home you'll have Village center decorator elegance, with golf cart in the heart of the villages - wifi and 55" tv & 40" tv – possibly the closest walk to lake sumter town square of all available properties, plus restaurants and entertainment. Or take the golf cart to the various golf courses for free golf!
We named our home 'Our Village Gem' because of it’s incredible location, elegant décor and charm in the heart of The Villages, just a short stroll from the pool, recreation center and The Lake Sumter Town Square, with restaurants and entertainment galore.
It's been beautifully decorated and sleeps 6 comfortably,with dining for 8, ideally situated in Virginia Trace, considered to be the most ideal area of the Villages ... the closest neighborhood to Sumter Landing Town Square with shopping, restaurants, golf and activities.
This home has been lovingly upgraded to a high standard to provide a luxurious stay. The interior rooms and Florida Room are filled with light and give you a perfect place to entertain or wind down and relax. This is an elegant home with every amenity, giving you luxury and comfort to enjoy.
PERFECT LOCATION -
Located near the Canal Street Recreation and Pool Complex, our VIRGINIA TRACE location is ideal for all amenities ... FREE golf, access to all the facilities and pools and billiards, tennis, pickle ball, shuffle board, horse shoes, bocce ball, petanque, polo fields, baseball fields, basketball courts, free wifi in all those facilities as well as the home, entertainment every night in the town squares, croquet fields - and the equipment for all the sports.
And don’t forget that the golf is free on any of the 32 Executive Golf Courses! Or pay a small premium and play one of the 12 Country Club Championship Courses such as The Arnold Palmer or Nancy Lopez Course.
RESTAURANTS AND COUNTRY CLUB EATING -
There are great restaurants around the area that we can highly recommend. Try any of the Country Clubs that often have music or entertainment as well. One of our favorites is The Tierra Del Sol Country Club that boasts Opera Singers who circulate around the tables most nights, and a fabulous Irish couple... singer/entertainers on Thursday nights.
We also enjoy walking to the Town Square or taking the golf cart where a dozen or so restaurants are located, many with outdoor eating. You’ll be spoiled for choice!
And most of all we love going to the Town Squares from 5-9pm for the free entertainment and dancing on the Square. They serve 2 for 1 beer and wine at a certain time each night and supply chairs for you to enjoy the music!
The Lake Sumter Square is easily accessible by foot or golf cart! It’s amazing to see so many golf carts which people use instead of their car. It’s a fun way to take advantage of Florida’s wonderful warm weather.
If you want to eat in, there is a Winn-Dixie market conveniently located on the corner of Stillwater and Morse, so you will never run out of essentials.
QUIET, CHARMING & CONVENIENT -
The home is on a quiet Cul-de-Sac, in Virginia Trace adjacent to Lake Sumter Landing Town Square. In the Master Bedroom there is a King Bed, a second bedroom with a Queen Bed. In addition, there is a comfortable sofa bed when you need extra guest sleeping space. All linens, sheets and towels are supplied.
You’ll have cookware and china in the kitchen and dining areas, and all linens and towels freshly laundered for your use.
If you are considering exploring the area, you can rent a car and take in the Disney attractions about an hour away, and all that Orlando has to offer. Or travel further afield and take in the renowned Florida beaches.
AIRPORT TRANSPORT OPTION / EARLY CHECK-IN -
You might want to take advantage of The Villages Transport that will pick up up at the Orlando Airport for a small fee and deliver you back again at the end of your stay. Many visitors to the Villages feel that there is really no need for a car, as your golf carts can take you most places.
Check in is normally 3 pm, and check out 11 AM. However early check in can be accommodated if the home is available before 3pm.
We'll try to do all we can to make your stay enjoyable. We’re world travelers ourselves, and know how nice it is to have friendly, helpful landlords, even on short term stays. We’ve made the home nice for ourselves and our guests, and hope you will enjoy every minute of it. We look forward to receiving your enquiry. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...
RIGHT in the HEART OF THE VILLAGES
Our recent visitors suggested that we stress how nice it is to stroll or jog or bike along the tree lined golf cart paths. It's truly beautiful with it's Old Florida Oaks, moss, and foliage. And don’t forget the activities! As a renter you can partake of the 2000 clubs – yes 2000 – covering every imaginable interest, sport or art! People are friendly and are use to newcomers popping in for a Club activity. There is a weekly ‘Rec News’ available at all the Rec Centers on Thursday with the weekly activities and locations. Or check the Villages TV and radio stations for announcements.
If the 2000 FREE Clubs and FREE golf aren’t enough, you can join a short term class at The Lifelong Learning Center in the Villages for a small fee.
3 EXTRA BENEFITS OUR GUESTS ENJOY!!! -
1. LOCATION - heart of the gorgeous Villages - walk or take a cart ride to restaurants galore, or shop 'til you drop in the Town Square. Or jump on your cart for a ride to the Country Club for lunch, dinner or GOLF
2. GOLF CART !!! IT’S A 4 SEATER – take guests and family around with you. That’s a thrill for our family – everyone from 1 to 100 has enjoyed it immensely.
3. CHARMING DECOR - relax and soak up the charm! It’s your vacation – make it memorable.
WHAT WE LIKE MOST ABOUT OUR VILLAGES HOME -
We fell in love with this property because if it's Location and Charm.
Not noisy, yet in the heart of everything, with everything walkable. We especially love the proximity to Lake Sumter Landing Town Square with all it’s amenities – less than 2% of Village homes have that luxury!
We also love our Screened Outdoor Patio/ Florida Room, with it’s glass top dining table and chairs, divided from the Living Room by sliding doors and screen, giving it seclusion. Since it overlooks the private courtyard, it makes a nice retreat for curling up with a book while others go about their activities. The Florida Room is also a great place for breakfast, or a glass of wine in the evening, while soaking up the great Florida weather!
WHAT VISITORS COMMENT ON ...
1. One visitor said: “How relaxing! We love the privacy of the courtyard, and elegant décor. Nothing has been overlooked.”
2. Another visitor suggested we emphasize that our location in the Villages is really walking distance to everything. Other homes she looked at advertised themselves to be '10 minutes' from the heart of the Villages, but they were actually a 10 minute drive, whereas ours is actually a 6 minute walk to the Town Square.
WHAT TO DO AND SEE NEARBY:
Here are the 20 most popular visitor activities, many of which you can walk to from the house, and all are a golf cart away.
1. Try one of the 32 executive golf courses, all 9-hole layouts. FREE (i.e., no green fees) and you can walk the courses free as well; a small fee is charged for riding a cart on the courses.
2. Choose from32 Recreation Centers offering various facilities such as pools, bocce, horseshoe, shuffleboard courts, billiards, croquet, meeting rooms for activities etc.
3. Take the grandchildren to one of the Family Pools, or go off to the adult pool for water aerobics or water volleyball, of just soak up the sun!
4. Enjoy a wide variety of entertainers 365 days a year. Every night from 5 – 9 you can enjoy FREE live entertainment in the gazebos at all three town squares.
5. The Villages Polo Stadium, not only for polo, but parades, and seasonal events.
6. 10 country club championship golf courses, including notable course architects of Arnold Palmer and Nancy Lopez.
7. 1,000 activities... games, hobbies or activities to choose from.
8. 2000 Clubs of every interest. If you can’t find an interest field you can start one!
9. Churches and synagogues offer a friendly place to worship... all accessible by golf cart!
10. Parades & festivals plus guest visits from well known personalities – there is always something special happening.
11. You’ll find a great selection of retail outlets.
12. Over 60 restaurants - all just a golf car ride away.
13. Many country clubs and restaurants have entertainers of their own to enjoy during dinner or happy hour.
14. Enjoy Lake Sumter Landing’s colorful waterfront setting. It reminds people of the quaint seaside villages they visited during their childhood.
15. Visit the Lighthouse on Lake Sumter has become a landmark. Enjoy food, fun and FREE nightly entertainment all year long!
16. A popular activity is to watch the Amazing Sunset across the water at Lake Sumter, from your golf cart, just north of the Lighthouse. Bring a picnic or a bottle of wine to share.
17. Catch a film at one of the three town squares that feature modern, multi-screen movie theaters.
18. Staying healthy is easy ... fitness centers, fitness trails and health care facilities are just a golf car ride away.
19. Check out the HUGE state of the art woodworking shop!
20. Try one of the softball fields!
RELIABLE LANDLORDS -
We'll try to do all we can to make your stay enjoyable. We’re world travelers ourselves, and know how nice it is to have friendly, helpful landlords, even on short term stays. We’ve made the home nice for ourselves and our guests, and hope you will enjoy every minute of it. Please feel free to call us with any questions.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
We were absolutely thrilled to find this gem of a home in this amazing location in the closest neighborhood to Lake Sumter Landing, our favorite market town square. I’m the Dean of a high school and my husband is an engineer. We started coming to the Villages when my parents, Christine and Tom, moved here and we fell in love with having so many activities to choose from plus the beauty of the Villages. Our kids and grandchildren love coming down to swim and ride the golf cart! We also love the tranquility of the walled courtyard with grass in the back off the screened room, which makes it feel like an oasis. We will be happy to share our home with you while we are away. All the best, Laurel
Christine purchased this House in 2015
Why Christine chose Virginia Trace
We wanted a location that was easily walkable to the Town Square. This neighborhood is the closest to Lake Sumter Town Square, perfectly located in the middle of the Villages, making it easy to get to any of the Recreation Centers, pools and golf courses and Country Clubs!
What makes this House unique
Closest to the Town Square!!!!! Centered between 3 Championship Golf Courses and Country club complexes - Arnold Palmer, Mallory Hill and Cane Garden. The Adult Pool is around the corner and the Family Pool is on Canal Street very nearby. Quite neighborhood nestled next to Lake Sumter Landing Market/Town Square.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
My review would best be summed up by saying there were no surprises. Everything was as described.
We were very comfortable during our month. This was our 6th year staying in The Villages during the month of March, and we have already reserved a home for March of 2019. If this property would have been available we would have happily rented it again, but it wasn't. Thank you for sharing your home with us. Donald & Jane Blair from Pella, Iowa.
Enjoyed our stay.
Great location! This is a comfortable, well appointed home. The owners are very nice and helpful. The golf cart is a nice addition, providing hours of transportation and fun. We would recommend this to a friend and stay again ourselves.
Ideal for Lake Sumter
A well presented property and extremely well equipped.
Owners are very friendly and helpful.
Property is situated in quiet road - 20 minutes walk to the lake. Supplied golf cart is fun for travel around & on golf course.
We recommend you rent this property.
Roy & Kathy. Nov. 2017.
Great vacation home
This is a lovely villa complete w everything one would need to have a good time and be comfortable. The location is optimum for enjoying Lake Sumter with a dependable golf cart to assist w easy transportation. This is a 5 star rental. Peggy
Perfect in every way!
This is truly the "gem" they describe. The house is beautifully appointed, was spotlessly clean and had all you could need. We didn't rent a car for the week we were there and had no problem getting everywhere in the golf cart. The location was ideal, walkable to a town square and a short cart ride from the grocery store. The Villages people are all so friendly and once while stopping to recheck our Villages app directions by the side of the cart trail, a fellow stopped to ask if we needed anything. Amazing!
The Village Gem - Great Location
This villa is within walking distance to Lake Sumter Landing and the neighborhood pool and located toward the end of a street with very little traffic. The home is well decorated and all necessities are provided with excellent instructions on how to use everything and very helpful hints on how to make your visit even more complete. Interactions with the owners were pleasant and prompt and we very much enjoyed our visit. Would definitely rent this property again.