This authentic Florida cottage features breathtaking riverfront views, a cozy living space, two comfortable bedrooms, a full size bath, all beautifully furnished. The fully equipped kitchen has everything a guest might need, there's also a bbq area. The decks are directly on the river and there is a canoe, dock and boat slippage. This secluded area of the river boasts some of the best local fishing and is perfect for canoeing and kayaking all while being just minutes from downtown Sebastian.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 nights
Riverfront Fishing Cottage Features 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath With Stunning Views.
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 12, 2018
About Pamela Hill
I enjoy the "old" Florida lifestyle and being close to the water so much so I wanted to make it available to others to enjoy.
Pamela Hill purchased this Cottage in 2012
Why Pamela Hill chose Roseland
I love the old Florida feel of this property, so quiet and peaceful, the fishing is great too! I want to preserve these areas as they are some of the last Florida has to offer. You will not find a more perfect representation of what Florida means to so many of its natives.
What makes this Cottage unique
This property is unique because it is very secluded, you wouldn't know that you are minutes away from everything Sebastian has to offer.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Beautiful Cottage, enjoyed my stay! Was nice to have all the amenities as you would have at home. Only bad thing is red tide was very bad and couldn’t enjoy the beach. Nuce the cottage was right on the river so was great having availability to fish right off the dock!
Alittle bit of paradise tucked away in Sebastian.
Great place,wonderful time!
Great Cottage, right on the water. Definitely will book again. Everything was exactly as described. There is everything you need within a half mile (Publix, Walgreens, restaurants, etc) You can even walk there if you get a little too tipsy on vaca. LOL. But it feels like you are glamping in the middle of no where. Enjoyed looking at the stars and listening to the crickets all night. There was even a bonfire that the locals were sitting at by the water and they were nice enough to invite us over. Everyone checked in on us and made sure we had everything we needed. Loved the little community there.
Quiet, landscaped in accordance with area,beautiful and peaceful.
Unique and comfortable!
We enjoyed our stay at this beautiful and unique property. The view is amazing. The deck and dock are a great place to relax. We enjoyed fishing off the dock and grilling out in the evening. Plenty of seating outside and room to have our family over to. There was even a fire pit and a horseshoe pit. Very well stocked kitchen. Plenty of towels and even a washer/dryer.
My constructive criticism is:
1. The owner was very responsive prior to our stay and answered questions I asked, however, once we got there, I was unable to receive a response to my questions even though I called and texted the number provided and emailed the same place I was getting my questions answered before. The first day we wanted to use the canoe that was advertised but there were no oars, I sent a couple messages seeking the oars and did not receive a response until after 10:00 p.m.-much too late to go canoeing. Someone did bring oars by the following day but we had plans so missed out on the canoeing we intended to do the first day. I also sent a message regarding how to turn the patio lights on and never received a response to that. The second day we were there, the owner text asking if we needed anything and saying she was sending someone to check on us, but no-one ever came.
2. Bugs! Once the sun sets, you will get eaten alive, bring lots of bug spray or plan to stay inside. We all had about 30-40 bites each on our legs and ankles when we got home from the weekend.
3. There is no set parking spaces, just kind of an empty lot. This lot is very soft sand and there should be some kind of warning or it should have been blocked off. My husband got his truck stuck in the sand and had to be towed out. The next night, another family member got their vehicle stuck and everyone had to push to get it out. Park as close to the cabin as possible.
4. Although I paid a cleaning fee and left a tip and the place appears clean visually, the grill was filthy with dirty paper plates, paper towels and foil inside. Your feet will also turn black if you walk around the house barefooted so could use a mop
5. Lastly, there is a very nice 2 head shower. However,the hot water is tricky and you must line the knob up just right. If you go to far to the hot side, it will turn cold again. The first night we took cold showers because we didnt know this and our text was not answered until late in the evening. A small sign in the bathroom explaining this would save others from having to shower cold
Maria, we are glad that you enjoyed the cottage and will pass along your input.
I would like to add that I pride myself on being very responsive. I did get your message about the oars at 7:30 pm and responded as soon as I could, my apologies if you were disappointed. I also checked to see why our caretaker didn't come, I was told he did and left the oars. They aren't left out because they are wood but yes we should have them by the canoe and moving forward they will be.
I will also speak to housekeeping, I know she too takes pride in her work, perhaps it as an off day. The hot water does have a safety feature, I typically go over that at check-in.
Either way, thank you for the 5-star review and we sure hope you will consider visiting again some time.
We absolutely love this place! We are going back next week with our grandkids. We love that we can keep our boat in the water, and NOT have to worry about it! Close to everything yet secluded.
All within easy driving distance of an hour or less are:
The Old Fish House Bar and Grill / Treasure Coast Marina
Mel Fisher Treasure Museum
Camp Holly – air boat rides and swamp tours
Lone Cabbage Fish Camp – Swamp tours
The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Ron Jon’s Surf Shop
Historic Downtown Melbourne – antiques, bistros
Historic Cocoa Beach – antiques, art, bistros
Sebastian Inlet State Park
CENTRAL FLORIDA ATTRACTIONS
All within a two hour drive or less are:
Universal Studios Attractions
Wet ‘n Wild
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please be sure to have a quick call to go over check in at least a week prior to your stay. If you are planning an event with more than 10 guests we need to discuss the details and planning. There is an event fee when you have more than 10 guests. We look forward to having you stay and hope that you will make outstanding memories!