Beautiful Mountain Cabin, Two Story, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, With Loft, Ponderosa Pine Interior, Antiques. Large Deck with Mountain Views. Full Kitchen, Cable , Internet, Land Line Phone, A/C / Heat, Washer, Dryer, Wood Stove. Park like Setting, Large Stream Frontage. Lots Of Wildlife, Waterfalls, Miles of Riding Trails, App Trail, Helen - The Alpine Village, Golf, Rafting And Tubing, Hunting and Fishing, Antiquing, Shopping, Wineries, Dining, Lake Chatuge Boating, Lots Of Activities.
- Cabin1000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay5 nights
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Jul 20, 2018
About bill yearty
married, 28 yrs, 1 child, lawn service owner, drummer in absolute blue, wife bonnie, salon owner.
bill yearty purchased this Cabin in 2012
Why bill yearty chose Hiawassee
What makes this Cabin unique
miles of mountain wilderness all around cabin, fishing and hunting, hiking , tubing, rafting antiques,
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 10:00 AM
Check-out: 6:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect location. Close to many activities and attractions. Will definitely return.
My wife and I along with our pet (Samson) had a great time at the cabin. We were able to fish several rivers and lakes (without a boat), hike several sections of the Appalachian Trail, hit the casino and just chill on the back porch overlooking the stream. High Shoals Falls are nearby and the short hike is definitely worth the view. Brasstown Bald is a must see. It's the highest point in Georgia and you can see 4 states from the top. The owners are fantastic and very knowledgeable about the area, which allowed us the opportunity to do so many activities. Thank you so much and Samson thanks you. He enjoyed playing in the streams and exploring.
Ted & Betsy
Thank you so much for the review. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves. Ted and family are welcome back anytime. They still have to raft the upper Chatuga river!! Great stewards of the cabin, thanks again Bill n Bonnie
Perfect Cabin in the North Georgia Mountains
My wife, two sons, dog and myself could not have enjoyed this week more! The owner, Bill, was very responsive from beginning to end and checked in almost daily to make sure we had everything we needed. I'm not the best writer/reviewer, but here goes:
- The cabin is beautiful on the inside. Smells like cedar every time we walk through the door. Master on main with a bed and bunk beds up in the loft along with full bath.
- The real gem is the back deck and backyard of the property which overlooks a creek, river and pasture.
- We enjoyed a fire in both backyard fire pits. One large one in the middle and one more intimate one by the river.
- We fished the river a few times and are convinced there is a nice fish or two hanging out in one of the deeper, calmer sections on property.
- We bought the boys river rafting tubes and they did multiple loops from one side of the property to the other. Honestly, one of the coolest things we did all week. River was fast and deep enough to enjoy the ride, but shallow enough for me to catch them at the end of each run. Even the dog was able to navigate down the river and enjoy his own river experience.
- We had some strong storms this week and enjoyed sitting on the back deck, watching the storms, watching the river rise and roasting s'mores on the charcoal grill.
- The white noise from the river is kind of like being at the ocean and hearing the waves break all day and night. We never got tired of being on the back deck and in the back yard.
- Too many things to list to do within a 30 minute drive. Do your research and you will not be disappointed in all this little oasis has to offer.
- One of the most scenic towns we have had the pleasure of visiting. Lakes, rivers, mountains, waterfalls, overlooks...if that is your thing then you need to come for a week and relax.
- Everything works, is clean and set up to enjoy.
We will definitely come back the next time we are looking to get away to a cabin in North Georgia.
Thank you Bill and Bonnie for a great week at your cabin!
- The Stephens Family
Cozy cabin, lovely location
This cabin is in a peaceful location with a pleasant creek and plenty of woods to explore. Everything was very clean and firewood was well stocked! The super thoughtful owners checked up on us upon our arrival and were a phone call away if needed. Cell service was spotty but there is a landline. Wifi worked great. Ample heaters and blankets provided. It was perfect for our family! We shared part of our week with another family (so, 4 adults, 5 kids -13 and under) and with all of us it was quite manageable. If the kids were older may have felt a bit cramped at times but we were exploring outside much of the time. A couple of things to note: there is not much kitchen storage for 9 people so we used the side breakfast bar and some floor space for storage and the downstairs bedroom is tucked in the corner away from the living area but only has a curtained entry. Was not an issue for us, but good to know if you are sharing the cabin! The nearby town of Clayton has plenty to offer for food and shopping for an afternoon. Was a wonderful stay!
Very nice get away
We especially enjoyed getting our meals at the table on the back porch with the large creek babbling below. Very relaxing! The cabin is small, but VERY well laid out, rustic, and pleasantly decorated. It does lack a bit for kitchen storage, but we managed just fine, even with several guests for one day of our visit, and eating in that day and most other days as well. We took advantage of the proximity to the Appalachian Trail, the Foxfire Museum, antique, pottery, and stained glass shops. The owner was very responsive when the internet fell victim to digging prep for a new driveway nearby. We also enjoyed grilling sausages on one of the two fire pits, and the hummingbirds visiting the feeder on the back porch. Definitely a pleasant stay!
We had the pleasure of staying in this cabin this last week and had the most wonderful time.
Bill is a pleasure to deal with, and responded very quickly to our questions.
The pictures of the cabin do not do it justice. It is beautifully rustic, clean, and comfortable.
We felt like we were at home. The cabin is well stocked throughout, you could just show up with your toothbrush and suitcase, and groceries, and you would be set. There is a queen bed downstairs with the attached bath that has the Jaccuzzi tub, which is amazing. Upstairs, there is another queen bed, and bunk beds with a full bathroom that has a shower tub combo, and the shower is awesome.
Tobey, our yorkiepoo loved the cabin as well, and had a blast being able to run around and play in the creek.
The cabin is centrally located, and we were able to enjoy not only Hiawassee, but Murphy, Helen, Ellijay, Blairsville, and many other surrounding areas.
We will be back and highly recommend this property.
Cindy ,Her Guest, and pet came up from Florida for a week and are welcome back anytime. The Cabin was left very nice and we are glad they enjoyed there stay. They were friendly, easy to deal with and contact, and are considering a winter trip later this year! We hope all our renters have a wonderful time, and thanks again Cindy
Very clean and well maintained. Close to all the falls and other fun activities for the family.
Very clean and well maintained. Close to all the falls and activities for the family.