Robinson Lake Front Lodge on Lake Jocassee
This cozy mountain lodge sleeps 10 and is located directly on Lake Jocassee. The house includes a dock with a newly extended ramp and tie up for boats. Lake Jocassee is located in the upstate of South Carolina in a pristine mountain environment. With its crystal clear water and huge depths the lake is perfect for swimming, boating, skiing, fishing, and any other water activities you can imagine. The mountains are also a great place for hiking. There are a number of great hikes within a short drive from the house.
Located in Salem, SC this mountain home is a truly peaceful place for a retreat from the hustle and bustle of life. Great places to visit while you are in town include Highlands, NC (45 min from the house) and Cashiers, NC (25 minutes from the house). Guests who will be flying in may want to consider airports in Greenville, SC (about 1.5 hours away), Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC (both about 2.5 hours away), or Ashville, NC (about 1.5 hours away).
The house was built in 1984 by Bill Robinson and his son Drew and has been in the family ever since. Each room has a different wood paneling. The main room is wormy chestnut, while the bedrooms are oak, pine, cypress, and ash. The house will sleep 10 in beds but there are also 3 comfortable sofas. No linens (sheets or towels) are provided. You will need to bring all the linens that you needs for your stay.
• The house is 2,800 square feet on three levels
• Central heat and air
• Four bedrooms with queen sized beds (new comfortable mattresses)
• Basement with 2 sofas and two single beds (great kid’s room)
• Three full baths
• Living room with fire place
• Fully equipped kitchen with dining room table
• Full deck (with gas grill)
• Screened porch complete with a picnic table and rocking chairs that are great for enjoying the spectacular view of the lake and surrounding mountains with no other homes in sight.
• The basement has a television with satellite TV and a VCR/DVD player for watching movies (in addition to a substantial selection of movies to choose from).
• Covered patio
• Fire pit out in the yard perfect for roasting smores.
• Cleaning service provided
• Covered patio with hammock
Access to the Water:
The house is directly on the water. There is a floating dock with a ladder and full tie-up for boats. A new ramp was recently installed to allow continuous access to the water regardless of the water level. Floats or tubes for lounging in the water are great items to pack because the water is deep at the dock.
This is a great house for a boat. If you don’t bring your own they are available for rent. Pontoon boats are great for cruising the lakes, ski boats are great if you enjoy water sports, and kayaks and canoes are perfect for exploring nearby waterfalls and rivers that feed the lake. Maps and boat rentals are available at the store at Devils Fork (at the boat landing) or on their website. There are no gas pumps on the lake, so you must either take your boat out of the lake to gas it up, or you can bring your own gas containers that you can fill up and carry to your boat.